Ikeda Teresa (Teresapan/Terepan) / 5th Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Members' started by halcyon, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Kunkka

Kunkka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hayashi Runa
    You know, after watching her perform Teresa 21, I want to see her on BananaSand.

2. Marurin

Marurin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Arai Sae
    Might be a little off-topic so feel free to correct me if it is, but ex-SKE48 Oya Masana is a Christian as well. Matsui Jurina was brought up in a Catholic family but never disclosed her faith.
    Back to the Sakamichi groups, Nogi's Holy Mother Maimai ironically happened to be... A Buddhist.

Teresa's name seems to have been picked for its meaning rather than for its sound or a possible biblical reference. The kanji for 瑛 (tere) is used in the word 玉瑛 (gyôkuei) which means crystal, while the kanji 紗 (sa) has been used to create fabric names, particularly for gauze. So the meaning of her name is basically "crystal gauze", which is incredibly cute and quite unusual. Pretty good summary of her character honestly!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

We can’t read the minds of Teresa’s parents… but I don’t think so. Primarily because Te-re-sa is an unusual name in Japan and sounds rather un-Japanese, so I don’t think most people would come up with it by reading kanji unless they’re trying really hard. 瑛 is more commonly read as e or ei, and it’s a rare kanji in the first place. If her parents really wanted the kanji, the reverse Sae 紗瑛 is also a viable and more Japanese-sounding name. “Crystal gauze” doesn’t ring any bells for me either as an especially meaningful or trope-y combination of words, but I could be wrong.

That being said, Teresa isn’t necessarily a Western culture reference either. The most well-known Teresa in Japan is probably the Taiwanese singer Teresa Teng, who I believe Bananaman mentioned at some point in response to Teresa’s name. Her parents might’ve just thought it’s a cool name.
    To get really off-topic… Nogi names I think are most obviously sound-first:
    Saya 紗耶: Both kanji are mostly only used in names for their sounds.
    Sayaka 紗耶香: Same as above, plus 香 (fragrance) which is very often used for the ka sound.
    Riria 理々杏: 理 (reason, logic) 々 (symbolizes repetition of the previous kanji) 杏 (apricot) = A very reasonable apricot. Sounds like a name you get by working backwards from sound.

Names I think are most obviously meaning-first:
    Nagi 和 (harmony): 和 wa is a common kanji. Nagi is a common name. Nagi is a super-rare reading of 和 that you’ll never encounter.
    Sakura 桜: Duh.
    Hazuki 葉月 (leaf moon/month, the traditional Japanese name for August): This means she was born in August.

But really, names contain both sound and meaning, parents can pick based on both simultaneously. It’s also pretty easy to pick a specific kanji or a specific theme, and then come up with many different names around that. Even choosing kanji that are neutral/common can be deliberate to avoid floweriness.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

お誕生日おめでとう‼️

5. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Happy Birthday to my Number 1 girl in Nogizaka. 池田さん、お誕生日おめでとうございます。

6. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Happy Birthday, Terepan<3!:ome:

7. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    Happy birthday, Terepan!

9. js0114

js0114 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    chokurena
    Happy Birthday, Terepan

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. sohryusan

sohryusan Kenkyuusei

Happy 22nd birthday, Terepan!
    :ome:

11. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

2024.05.17 SR

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Credit to uploader

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bibi

Bibi Kenkyuusei

Terepan was featured on Nogi Audition CM, did u guys think it's a hint that she's been confirmed as one of nogi's pillar from 5th gen? She's grow a lot, and I believe she have this aura to stand as center rn. But I wouldn't put too much expectation tho...

• Like Like x 2
  13. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    ^ I certainly hope so. If history repeat itself, Kubo was selected among 3ki as promo member of 5ki audition, instead of Yoda. Then she became w-center although much later.
    But yeah, I also don't want to expect too much, she could be featured because she is a senbatsu member who can enter prestigious university.

14. Besitos

Besitos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    IZ*ONE & Sakurazaka46
    She deserves it. And watching the airport fancams in HK when the girls landed a few days ago, she was the one that fans swarmed around the most... and she reacted by giving each fan a bright smile & a wave, i think she got a couple of fangifts/fanletters as well. She's such a sweetheart, beautiful outside & inside and her name fits her to a T. I guess i too have been converted.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    @Bibi and @baymon, me also: I hope so but I keep it deep in my heart as a fragile and precious wish... Terepan is an idol for whom I've felt unprecedented affection and admiration so far. Even among my oshis from other groups (e.g. Sakutrazaka which is my number 1 even from the Keyaki era) she is the girl I would pick if I had to choose one and only one...

Therefore I don't want to jinx it...!

On the other hand, 5th gens are ALL so talented and such wonderfull kids... And looking at with an objective judgement, there are better girls regarding voice and singing. Regarding dancing I cannot judge, she seems to be among the best but not top-notch. On the looks department she is a top-gun but that's exactly the most subjective area (the famous eye of the beholder), so...

I'm super happy to see her popularity at high levels and I rejoice with everything good that comes her way. I just want her to be happy!

16. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Any member of Nogizaka can center. Should any though?

Don't think this is a knock on Teressapan. I think management has a certain type in mind that she doesn't quite conform to.

That being said, in my opinion, I think she will settle into a fukujin spot for a long time. Her role reminds me of Nanamin's -- the very cool, super popular member always in the front. I think that's a good comparison. She can definitely reach that level.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

I’m not surprised since she’s the most popular among Chinese fans.

I somewhat agree. I would love to see Terepan center but I think mgmt would give the nod to Mao before her.

• Like Like x 1
  18. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

I'd like to see another center coming out of 5th before 6th gen enters the scene. But it's still unpredictable with these girls (except for Nagi). Aruno will be back. Aya has good potential. Iroha starting to build a little momentum. The best part for me about this group is the competition. Their main challenge is to catch up with Nagi, who will surely hold several center position. If their ceiling is that of Tamura or Yumiki, that's not too bad. No one expect them to center but they're permanent Senbatsu.

I won't look into that audition CM too much. That's all it is - an audition CM. Hong Kong reception is great. I've seen several posts on X and a few that made me happy were the long line of congratulatory flowers for Ioki Mao and her subway station Ad. It means there is fan support which is always a good sign. But there's nothing more to it when it comes to any future push.

More graduations are coming, 6th gen is on the way. I'm expecting an announcement anytime soon. We'll probably see the most number of 5th gen selected on their next single.

19. Rawerontek

Rawerontek Kenkyuusei

This hypothesis maybe unrelated about Nogi Center requirement ( W center not Included). But is there any Nogi Center that dont have swimsuit photo ? I exclude W center because as i know Ozono Momoko the only center without swimsuit photo.
    As far i know Teresa never show her wearing swimsuit in photography, meanwile Nagi show abit risky swimsuit photo in gen 5 photobook in swimming pool.

I come up with this question/hypothesis because pervert Ito in Nogistar tanjou branzenly asking Mao photobook is there swimsuit photo in her photobook.

20. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2024
    • Like Like x 4