Ikuta Erika (Ikuchan) / 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by kimunlimited, Feb 19, 2012.

1. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    is theatre big in japan anyway? i mean, do even public care bout theatre? i know the play like les mis romi juri are big story, but i dont many want to see theatre edition.

2. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Not really sure about that. Ikuchan so far got major roles from huge musicals and it helped her and the group so much. And even if they dont think musicals are a huge thing, she benefited a lot from it. She is more recognized now as a singer that allowed her to perform a lot in tv shows/live shows alone or collaborating with another singer. She and Nogi also gained some public recognition because of her.
    What matters most is that she is very happy that she now reached her dream to be able to perform in musical stages like les mis.

3. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    i do perform on stage sometimes since i still have to study my major but this omfg so hectic all the script plus musical verses that you should memorize and act it nice... i know ikuchan enjoys performing on these musical but i hope she's taking care of herself very well.

4. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Musical theatre always has its supporters. I am not much of a fan, but that's just my taste. Some one's got to like it as they keep producing shows. Ikuta is lucky to work on major productions and well known shows. Well, her talent got her far, but I think some of being in a really popular idol group helped open the door.

I wonder how to compare these big musicals compare to something like a manga/anime inspired show. Are they viewed more favorable than the other? Like is Ikuta's work more legitimate in a show like Les Mis versus something like Sailor Moon?

Maybe later this fall she'll get a bit of a respite before her next musical starts. Perhaps management will sneak her into center for the last single of the year?

I'm really happy that she's so busy. If management allows it and doesn't pressure her too much I think she can both be an idol and achieve acclaim as a musical actress. I'll be rooting for her here half way around the world.

5. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I think the ones Ikuchan have participated are really much bigger than anime/manga inspired stages. Like what I previously stated, romijuri, les mis and mozart stages allowed her to be seen more on national tv shows and news. We witnessed how it improved her career so it is much (i think) than the others as those stages are popular world wide. But Ikuchan also started in a manga/anime inspired (both the rainbow prelude and princess knight). I think after getting experiences from her lead roles in her first stages, she became more cofident to audition for her dream stages and the rest is history :D

6. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    kyaaa :p
    source : nogizaka democracy

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. juniorbeho

juniorbeho Kenkyuusei

I've recently become re-enamoured with Watashi, Okiru again and I wondering if anyone knew where a good piano version of the song may be. Unfortunately, Presso hasn't covered it as far as I know. ☹️

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

8. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Try her MTV unplugged special from last winter. It was the opening number.

Not sure how you can have fall out with that song!LOL!

9. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    i don't understand what was funny :confused: but nevertheless she's adorkable as usual trying hard not to laugh :p

if the video does not show watch the video here

10. Asuka Loves Walls

Asuka Loves Walls Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Good thing Wakatsumi finished her piece there. If not, she might have embarrased herself by bursting out of laughter in front of a rather serious crowd. We all know she has history of viral laughter outbursts. :p

• Like Like x 2
  11. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    ikucar
    ikucar.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    It's segmented, same with modelling and anime. But unlike anime or fashion street, public usually see Toho musical as high end and aristocratic. Comparable with Broadway in US and West end in UK.

Some of musical actress getting celeb status branch out to mainstream TV series: Takahata Mitsuki was star Asadora, Yamazaki Ikusaburo starred on some TV drama, Ishimaru Kanji starred smash hit drama Hanzawa Naoki, Kanda Sayaka, Matsu Takako, etc.

With her musical gigs Ikuchan manage to appear in Music Station as Musical Actress, first ever an idol from Sakamichi group to did this. Getting featured in musical segment of FNS, back on December last year it was highest rating segment. She also have collab with Yokoyama Daisuke, this collab crack more than 15% rating, and that also highest rating for year end FNS.

Without musical tag, she wont there. Probably stuck as pianist. Being pianist isnt a bad thing, but she wont getting attention as much as is now.

According Nikkei ranking she is 2nd most recognizable face of Nogizaka among general public, only behind Maiyan.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    Poor Iku, her IHS first slot started about 45 min late, she wasn't feeling well 'coz she was wearing mask and a bit un genki when she came out, still managed to give a smile and said I'm ok.
    Hey slow down there Iku :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    She must be really tired, since she just wrapped out her final appearance on Mozart!. Yesterday she have two consecutive appearance, day stage and night stage.

Some pict from her co-star
    DkXQDUXUcAAVGxW.jpeg DkXQDxhUUAEKfR9.jpeg DkXQEXAUwAAKTF-.jpeg DkXPuCIV4AEry_g.jpeg

Then she rush from Nagoya to Kyoto for handshake event. No wonder she late and tired.

After her Mozart! shensuuraku, she can give her full time for idol activities from August to October. The Great Comet production will start from October and premier on january.
    9cc83ad8.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    True. And with the current top members right now (aling with Nacchan, Maiyan and Ashu), she is the only one who is not amodel. Honestly, modelling gigs did a lot of wonder to most Nogi members. They rose their ranks within the groups after landing a modelling gig, but Ikuchan took a different path. And to be honest, her chosen path is much harder to gain recognition because its hard to please fans who are really after real musical skills. Many think she still needs improvement, snd she knows it thats why she said many times that she is learning every time, but still, she is wonder. Dont forget that the management boldly called her “the greatest treasure”. In my opinion, her existence is one of the main reason why you can really set Nogi apart from other 48groups, even from Keyaki.

16. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    Yeah I agree. But sometimes I really miss Ikuchan as a pianist. Nowadays, she rarely plays piano, only for some events such as FNS and concerts.
    There was a time when she's pretty active playing piano. She even joined a piano competition in 2013 or 2014.
    I just hope her talent as pianist isn't slowly fading away.

Anyway, preview of Bananaman Sekkaku Gourmet (9/2)
    https://twitter.com/sakamiti46aaa/status/1028585214723780608
    Looking forward to this show. Bananaman and Ikuchan are the best combi.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Playing the piano is one facet in her interest in music. Singing is another. She's talented and driven. She wanted to become a musical actress and she's making it happen. I like her that her musical abilities aren't just focused in one area -- we need more Ikuta world folk song singer. She's shown she can play the ukulele and the sanshin (?). She's sung Finnish and English. Just what more can she do?

I maintain that she's still "best girl" in all of idol-dom, but I don't think she is the only member that makes Nogizaka Nogizaka. I don't want Nogizaka to end when she graduates from the group. She brings a unique style to the group, but all members contribute to the Nogizaka experience. This is the MD in me: I love the 'em all. As an Ikuta fan, yes, she's straight up the best.

18. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Yes that’s why I also said that she is one of the main reasons why Nogi can be set apart from other 46/48Groups. Not just her ofcourse, but in her case, she contributed a lot as well :)

19. Fab-Nogi46

Fab-Nogi46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Manatsu
    Ikuta Erika will be the cover girl of Japanese magazine "Young Magazine" (No. 38), the magazine will be released on 20 August 2018.

yanmaga-2018-38-cover.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  20. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 3