Ikuta Erika (Ikuchan) / 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by kimunlimited, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    If I recall correctly, even Ikuchan's father doesn't get why her daughter likes musicals so much.[hehe]

And yeah, it is undeniable that she's a talent powerhouse, a little bit queer yes, but this is the reason why top members like Maiyan are so fond of her.

I think she's a natural ectomorph though. And ectomorphs are known to be big eaters because their body burns energy faster.

2. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    They'll probably perform a Mozart duet on MSte、楽しみにゃん [hehe]

Iku should have those fruit+veggies smoothies daily :D

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  3. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I think so too. Others are worried that she is very thin because of her schedules, but I thought that she is really a sort of ectomorph. We all know she’s a glutton and she posts a lot of food in her mobame. Even though she is a glutton, she is a healthy type of glutton because she had avoided foods like chips. I forgot what show was that, but I think it showed what is Ikuchan’s usual meal in a day (I think at home). I laughed because it was like her every meal is a feast with a lot of food served to her. Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    I'm corious why Maiyan adore Iku this much.

Could it be, Maiyan saw Iku as her ideal. Since Maiyan also learning what Iku learn: piano, ballet, english, and she was once aiming to be singer.

Other members who state their admiration to Iku are Manatsu, Marika, Ranze etc. But Maiyan is most outspoken.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    She’s even consistent since the start that Ikuchan is her Nogi oshimen. Lol. Maybe your right that she can see Ikuchan as someone she really aimed or is aiming to be. Other members admire Ikuchan because of her musical stages achievements, making her as their inspiration to aim more in that field and also admiring how professional she is and maintains her cheerfulness despite the fact that she is the busiest everytime her musical stages are running. But with Maiyan, it’s on another level. If only one of them is a guy, I will not be surprised they ending up being a couple. LOL. But Maiyan said in her recent interview that she really wants to make Ikuchan as her imoutu. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fab-Nogi46

Fab-Nogi46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Manatsu
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    Maiyan coming from a humble household, Ikuchan's high-class upbringing and talent is definitely big part of it,
    but more than that I think it's her comedic eccentricity as well as an honest determination to achieve her dreams.

One of my favorite Nogi episodes during the Nogizaka early years is where Ikuchan flaunts her musical talent proudly despite being laughed at by others. There in the background, we see Maiyan giving off a laugh, but unlike the others, it's a kind of laugh a doting elder sister would give.

Also, with Maiyan's doubt of people being a bullying victim, she can easily tell that Iku's a genuine person.
    She's an ojousama nonetheless unspoiled, and isn't afraid to show her hunger for further improvement.

It's a trait Maiyan have come to respect. Back then, with Maiyan being shy and all, I think Ikuchan's never give up attitude despite being an ojousama, has become some sort of an inspiration for her to improve herself as an idol.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I totally agree with this. I’m the same age as Maiyan and if I would be in her shoes, I would also be so inspired by Ikuchan and would want her as my imouto. It’s like if Ikuchan can be as hardworking as that at that young age, what more if I am already on my mid-20s.

They actually just compliment each other so much. Ikuchan was raised to be confident and never let anyone look down on you, while Maiyan experienced bullying when she was younger which I think have affected her confidence at some moment in time. Also, in a show, Ikuchan said she would want to have someone who can she really depend on as she is not good in household chores, while Maiyan was described as someone you can really depend on and very strong emotionally. Their being so opposite sure plays a huge part on it. Me, even most of my closest friends have really opposite chara to me because I would want someone whom I can learn new things from.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I'm loving all these posts about Maiyan & Ikuchan! These two have always been my favorite Nogi members. I still remember how happy I was when I saw that Maiyan likes Ikuchan so much and that both of them are close. I remember very long ago, in interviews, when Nogi members started to be signed as exclusive models, Maiyan was asked which member she would recommend to be an exclusive model and she picked Ikuchan (I don't remember the question or answer exactly, it was years ago XD). Her answer made me so happy, she praised Ikuchan a lot! and in the past years, there are many more examples of them being close and we can see how much Maiyan likes Ikuchan. I love IkuMai <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    Ikuchan to be the guest at "Yoshio Inoue by MYSELF Special LIVE" on 10/27.
    IMG_20180604_221455.jpg

11. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    Vid

if the video does not show watch the video here

12. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    "Mozart" 2018 PV (Stage Picture ver.)

• Like Like x 2
  13. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    Rewind あの日 :D

Pon! tte natteru yatsu [hehe]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wasawota

Wasawota Kenkyuusei

That winter they didn't show the preliminaries on YouTube for Teppen, so that's the only video I have of Ikuchan participating in a piano competition. Since then, I have been patiently waiting for her to return, but it seems like she's more interested in musicals. :cry:
    By the way, there were three 46/48 girls among the five finalists.

15. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    ^ I'd like to see Ikudork play Nogi songs , solo, like presso/cana etc :cute:

16. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Is that show still airing until now? But I dont think she will go back to that show. I think they let her joined that to give more exposure to the gen public to her piano skills as during that time she is still not well recognized with ther talents in piano. Now, she have been playing piano (to accompany famous singers) in FNS festival every year for I think 4-5 years now. She may have not won there, but she was recognized more now with her piano skills. Though, I hope that Ikuchan will return and redeem herself because she actually slayed her perf on that show, but I think they preferred the more classical song and that AKB48 girl have joined that show many times already. (And I’m not sure, but I think I read somewhere that she is also from Tokyo College of Music same as Ikuchan)

17. Wasawota

Wasawota Kenkyuusei

Oh yes, forgot to mention Cana, after all his efforts. [hehe]
    My apologies.
    Still think that Ikuchan looks the coolest when she is on the piano.
    Teppen, Kimi no Na wa Kibou, the winter serafuku one and the duet with mayuyu, and being the pianist for the Nogi singles.

Yes, there is a winter session in January, and a fall one in September or October. So there is a long wait after January. The contest seems to be restricted to celebrities, but the standard is pretty high. In the last one, a thirteen year old actress managed to come in third place, ahead of some prominent names. There is actually another show similar to this, in which a requirement is to switch the left and right hands when playing. But I have accidentally deleted my videos and lost all the links. Still trying to trace them. The FNS festival I had not been aware of, so thanks for the info. Will be searching for any videos of them.
    I don't follow the AKB48 girl, but she is from wasamin's batch and have played in her concerts before. Madoka of HKT48 has also been champion once, and I do like listening to her renditions.
    The thing about musicals is, when Ikuchan goes fully into them, some of her fans, including myself, won't be able to see her again. It will be solely for an exclusive audience.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  18. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Matsui Sakiko is the former AKB member who's been on Teppen a number of times. I think the one with her, Moriyasu, and Ikuchan was my favorite one. It's not hard to smile while watching Ikuta play her rendition of Sobakasu.

19. Wasawota

Wasawota Kenkyuusei

Yes, I'm not into her style or her arrangement of pieces, so didn't mention her name. Just personal preferences.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  20. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    You should look for her FNS perfs. She have performed with a lot of really popular singers before. She always looked elegant everytime, and the show always make sure that they will also let her shine in every performance. It has like become a tradition that she appear every year playing the piano that if she is not there, I think it would feel weird lol.
    Yes, musical tends to be limited to some audiences, but they would actually show some clips of them performing, but ofcourse only short. Her Rainbow Prelude and Princess Knight had DVD versions, but I doubt they will have that for her bigger musicals since Romeo and Juliet.
    Bu the way, have you seen her play a Chopin piano piece in her Rainbow Prelude stage? You can find videos on youtube. She was superb at that perf.