I'm otaku in Japan with website, vlog, photos, Youtube etc. Anyone active in Japan?

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by ffgenerations, Apr 8, 2019.

1. ffgenerations

ffgenerations Kenkyuusei

I've been to lots of idol events (50+) but rarely meet other foreigners. (I've never been to a 48 event).
    Are there other foreign otaku living in Japan?
    I have a website, Youtube, vlog, photo gallery etc, but I won't post them unless you're interested, coz I'm not familiar with this forum yet^.^
    Hi

2. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Hi, I would like to live in Japan (or I would say, in Tokyo), so I envy you. What's your job there?

3. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Welcome....

What type of shows do you go to? What groups are you into? Sure, we'd love to check out your blog/TY/etc.

4. ffgenerations

ffgenerations Kenkyuusei

I go to local junior idols the most. Around where I'm living at various festivals & venues, or in the main Tokyo venues. There are probably 5 venues in Tokyo that host junior-oriented events every week or month.

Example event looks like this:

[​IMG]

I follow about 6 groups or solo performers very closely, and there's a ton more I like to see when I have the chance.
    The songs in these groups are always interesting and usually unique from the mainstream large-group sound I hear a lot. Probably because they go to different artists for music composition.
    They also often learn and perform random popular songs whenever they feel like it, without worrying about copyright issues or whatever.

if the video does not show watch the video here

I like a few 'larger' groups, but there are a lot here and it seems rare that one really grasps me. I'm hoping this will change more as I get used to the bigger groups. I really liked Tsuri Bit, Nankini, and some AKB songs.

My main thing about why I love idols is because I think anyone who is brave can become one. It doesn't matter who you are or your personality or how good you are at singing or anything. If you're brave enough to stand up on stage and love to be an idol, then you can become one. I know the opposite sentiment is true for many people: you can only be an idol if you act a certain way, that you need to compete to be the best, etc. That's not what I believe in or care about.

I have a website for locating any junior idol in every prefecture across Japan. Just click on the map.

https://www.littleidols.net

You can also see my photography there. I do a LOT of photography. But don't view it using your mobile phone service, the data is very high.

On Youtube I record a lot of lives and SRs. I started a VLOG too.
    I'm not much of a vlogger, but I done my best to make interesting videos following me on various idol events.
    There are now 6 vlogs.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXgNDMeTqTn6TtlVZGNyFRXz60_El8V7O

Thank you if you read this much.
    Today there is a semi-junior idol event in Shibuya, I think I will go. I haven't seen these girls before, so it's exciting.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Nice, feel free to check out my blog as well. (It's in my signature)

6. ffgenerations

ffgenerations Kenkyuusei

Ooh, that's so interesting! Nice looking blog, and you write so much, too. Maybe one day you can teach me what to do at handshake events, because I am terrible at meeting idols and small talk lol!

7. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I'm planning to study in Japan but my target is Hokkaido University in Sapporo because I consider Sapporo has lower living cost than Tokyo & Osaka also in Sapporo, I can found fellow expat from my country, Indonesia ease because Sapporo is indeed one of favorite destination for Indonesian to take residency in Japan. Even there're some restaurants serving Indonesian foods in Chuo district of Sapporo. Another obvious reason is because since I live in Indonesia, I go aboard to look for a cold air which Hokkaido has. I'm tired of hot air and my father has a friend from Singapore and he offered me to study at NTU but I didn't take it, I just said that I wanted to go to Japan. I didn't tell him why I declined to go to Singapore because of that silly reason, Singapore air is also hot. I've heard that some people in other regions of Japan go to Hokkaido during summer if they can't stand hot air.

Yes, Hokkaido University is one of 7 Imperial Universities of Japan which are very very difficult to pursue but I need to because I have interests in astronomy/astrophysics & particle physics. I would do my best. Currently I need financial supports.

Too bad still no 48 group in Hokkaido tho it's been rumored since 2013. I'm still believing there will be.

At least I'm not only into idols but also animes. Recently Sapporo Animate released a limited edition of Bang Dream keyholder that is only exclusively there. I was looking for anyone in Sapporo especially an Indonesian who would return to Indonesia for Eid but I got no success. Most of my acquaintances living in Japan are in Tokyo or its surroundings. Maybe you know Boma if you're a Jurina oshi. He's a lecturer of electrical engineering of University of Indonesia currently pursuing PhD in Waseda. He often goes to Jurina's lane during HS. I was asking if he knew anyone living in Sapporo but he didn't. A friend is currently having exchange in a University in Tokyo which I haven't asked him which university. Another friend had internship in Shizuoka from 2015-2018, he's returned to Indonesia and decided to study in Indonesia tho he got a chance to study in such city.

OK, believe someday I'd move to Sapporo to study about the universe and Hokkaido48 will become real so when I'm tired of studying about black hole singularity or the string theory, I'd go to watch Hokkaido48 to cheers the girls. ^^

BTW, I decided to buy that limited edition Bang Dream keyholder at YA via proxy. It should be 800 yen but the reseller sold it for 2000 yen exclude shipping to proxy warehouse then delivery to my house.in South Tangerang, a neighbouring municipality just southwest of Jakarta. Fortunately shipping & custom costs from Japan to Indonesia are pretty affordable compared to other countries.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019