1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

"I'm the doctor." "Doctor Who?"

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by kirakirahanabi, Jun 22, 2010.

?

Favorite Doctor?

1. The second, with his musical ability!

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  2. The first, with his crazy old-man-ness!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The third, with BESSIE!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The fourth, with his never-ending scarf!

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  5. The fifth, with his delicious CELERY!

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  6. The sixth, with his epic rainbow umbrella!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The seventh, with his awesome hat!

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  8. The eighth, with...well, he only got a movie...

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  9. The ninth, with the chrome-dome!

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  10. The tenth, with his epic converse that almost always stayed clean!

25 vote(s)
    55.6%
  11. The eleventh, with his cute li'l bow tie!

11 vote(s)
    24.4%
  1. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Doctor Who has now a second entry in the Guinness World Records book: the especial episode was broadcasted simultaneously in 94 countries [party]

2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

cRYING A LOT RIGHT NOW.

Goodbye, Matt. :cry:

I read somewhere that Series 8 won't start until autumn... so I'm gonna start watching the old series.
    All 26 seasons of it.
    :blush:

3. karles48

Good luck. I hope you know a good source...

4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I do. :p
    I already have the First Doctor's seasons, but I'm watching other stuff at the moment, so I'll leave it for 2014. [hehe]

I watched last night "An Adventure in Time and Space" and it was pretty good. The moment where Matt appears is just heartbreaking, and even more last night, after... everything. :cry:

5. karles48

That's good. The first series are quite easy to find even on youtube or dailymotion, but from the forth or five doctor on...you'd better know a torrent site or another good alternative source...

6. karles48

I was looking for another thing...when I found this...
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7NZx2mvL7U[/yt]
    ...and maybe Matt's fans will enjoy this too...
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81uP0Q33-Ds[/yt]

7. karles48

Just incase...those who are fond of Karen Gillian have another reason to watch 'Guardians of the Galaxy'. ;)

8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

So... what did you guys think of the new Doctor?

I still don't know what to make of him, tbh. And the episode was kinda... meh. Matt's 1st was much better, IMO.

I like that they're creating some sort of mythology that he takes the faces from the faces he's seen.
    And we've seen Capaldi TWICE in the Whoniverse, so... maybe faces even repeat themselves through history in humans? lol

9. karles48

I'm afraid I still can't say anything about it, since I'm still a bit 'stuck' in the old episodes... :^^;:

10. karles48

Ah, it's been a long time... I finally resumed watching the old episodes and come here to give another piece of interesting trivia. I've just watched 'City of Death', an episode that many regard as the best of the old series, and I found too interesting things:

* The bad guy is played by Julian Glover. He's been the enemy of Doctor Who, James Bond, Indiana Jones, Luke Skywalker...and even Harry Potter (he lent his voice to Aragog). However, since most of people here is very young, maybe you'll remember him playing another role of lately... ;)
    [​IMG]

* This episode featured a funny cameo by John Cleese (Monty Python, Harry Potter, James Bond, Fawlty Towers...) :lol:

if the video does not show watch the video here

11. ashley5

ashley5 Kenkyuusei

I had high hopes for Peter Capaldi, but I would say i've been a little disappointed after watching his episodes. Not sure if its the bad chemistry between him and Jenna (Matt and Karen were a great pair), or the change of demographic focus to kids,but I just dont find Doctor Who to be that special anymore. The best days were the ones with Eccleston, Tennant, and Matt :)

Aside, I watched Torchwood, which was pretty good (at least the first 3 seasons), different feel, darker, more mature, but definitely worth it.

12. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Yeah, I'm also not too sure about the chemistry between the Twelfth Doctor and Clara, but I thought Clara's character development went pretty well in Series 8. I just wished Danny was more of a companion than a reluctant outsider.

Anyways, I'm excited for Series 9! Can't wait to see more of Twelve and Clara.

13. karles48

Today I found two interesting things:
    1. An amazing piece of trivia I didn't remember (although I'm afraid I wrote about it some pages ago :^^;:): did you know that David Tennant, the 10th doctor, is married to Georgia Moffett, the daughter of Peter Davison, the fifth doctor? :awesome: So, the Doctor is married to his daughter ... that's illegal, isn't it? [hehe]
    2. I found by chance a survey about the favorite Doctor of the fans. To tell the truth the results aren't too surprising: the two last doctors (before Mr. Capaldi, of course) and the one who had starred in more episodes...
    http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-24955294

14. HogwartsHokage

Oshimen:
    odanana
    The age gap between Tennant and Moffett was a bit big, so I was surprised when I found out they were married. I'm glad to hear they were doing well though.

Two reasons why they're popular: "Geronimo!" and "Allons-y!" [hehe] J/k, I'm also not that surprised they're both high up too.

I still need to watch last week's DW episode lol.

15. karles48

I wonder... :|
    I just watched the last episode featuring Adric...I've red that many fans hated him. I wonder if it was related to the fact that he's the only companion, if I'm not wrong, who dies through all the series... :^^;:

16. HogwartsHokage

Oshimen:
    odanana
    I like this version of the Doctor Who theme. [hehe] (And I also like how they're giving Twelfth more of a rock star character.)

if the video does not show watch the video here

17. karles48

^It sounds great, indeed. By the way, I just watched an episode where the Doctor said that time lords can only regenerate until their 13th life so I wonder what will happen after the successor of Mr. Capaldi...

18. HogwartsHokage

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Did you see the Eleventh Doctor's last Christmas special? According to what happened in that episode...
    Eleven was about to die at last when Clara asked the Time Lords in Gallifrey through a crack in the universe to help the Doctor. They eventually gave the Doctor a new set of 13 lives in the end.

However, the current series brings up something interesting...
    Twelve recently got part of his regeneration energy sucked out of him by Davros and the Daleks, so I wonder how many of those new 13 lives are left now.

19. karles48

^ Aaahhh!! I still haven't watched them, so I'd better not open the spoilers (it's my fault, I shouldn't have written about that topic ... fortunately, I guess that I'll be done with the old series soon :blush: )

20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I don't think the lives were altered at all.
    I mean, we've seen the Doctor use his regenerating powers to heal and stuff without having to change his face (10th did it), so yeah... he got hs life sucked out of him but that's it haha