1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Imaizumi Yui (Zuumin) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    thank you! they're fun to do and a nice and relatively quick and relaxing break from school stuff. I'm happy that people find them enjoyable too!

you could be right. she might have though he said hike but then when he said sakuhin she's like uhhhh... this guy is a bit weird lol.

I thought the guy was a really good pick for this.

2. zurichtime

zurichtime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Video gravure (?) of Imaizumi Yui when she was 12.

3. Marc

Marc Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberisa
    Good find... but I found it kinda hard to watch having a 12 year old do gravure. Kinda of a big reason why I like the 46 group(s) more than the 48 is the fact that they don't have much, if any girls who do gravure other than some nogi members, but it's not as frequent and normal compared to the 48 groups. Oh and when I mean gravure I mean the ones where they're in bikinis... especially when they're really young.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Ok... that was really awkward...
    I mean, yeah, 48 group does more of that things... but 12 years old... that's too much even for what 48g has done...

... still better in comparison with a Inoue Sayuri video before entering Nogizaka that was in circulation some months ago...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

Well, swimsuit gravure is just one type of gravure so it's nothing strange or lewd by itself (although the general nature of Japanese gravure modelling has a slight touch in that direction).

For westerners or overseas people, things like these might be an absolute taboo, but in Japan society and public is way more tolerant about things like these (this is actually the most profound reason why the idol genre, which would be absolutely unmarketable in western society, is a large success over there). I personally almost shiver when I think about who would buy products like these, with underage individuals that are about getting into adolescence, and especially the age of the clientele. But then, it simply is like this that this stuff is marketable and also legal, so I don't want to take anything away from those who like it.

It's basically a real-life lolicon.

6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Yui seems to have been in show business since she was eleven or so. She always speaks well of her family and of their close, loving relationship. But I have to admit it makes me think strangely about them, that they were able to promote her into this. Cultural differences, I guess.

In a recent interview, Yui says she is the youngest child, with brothers now 32, 30, 24 and 20 (and she 18). She says the brothers themselves once wanted to become a singing/dancing group. She says her father is very easy-going, that she has never gone through a rebellious phase with him, and that the family indulges her -- that the closest she comes to being scolded is sometimes when her mother tells her to do her chores. Neru published a photo of her this fall, talking happily to her mother on the phone. Neru said she often did, during the day. I find myself picturing the family coddling her as a meal-ticket. Although I sometimes object to Yui thinking more of her own career than K46's, I end up imagining that it's her family feeding her this discontent.

Recently, there was an incident with one of her brothers that is hinted at on 2channel and Twitter, but that I haven't been able to really find out the details of. In any case, he got a bunch of followers on Twitter for some account, and then the account was shut down -- by him or Yui or his family or her management, I don't know.

The last couple of lines of her last blog post were cryptic, and people have interpreted them as criticizing this Twitter escapade of her brother's, whatever it was: "When you cross the line, you don't just have to worry about making yourself unhappy, but about making those around you unhappy." (一線を越えるって自分だけじゃなくて周りにも気を遣わせてしまうなんて悲しくなります。 -- I'm including the Japanese in case I've translated this wrong.)

By the way, @Atreyu, when you say the idol genre would be unmarketable in the West, although I basically agree (at least about the younger reaches of it), I find myself thinking of Disney and their stable of young teen entertainers, doing "wholesome" shows that would be considered lewd in some societies; and about US pre-teen beauty pageants. It's a continuum.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  7. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

I'm not sure whether you're a bit too critical about Zuumin's ambitions at times because recently, there have been no things that point towards her being discomforted with her position or trying to catch more attention. The number of true facts that hint towards her not being really into the group thing or trying to dethrone Hirate is astonishingly low, all she did was writing in her query of 2015 that her dream would be to become a solo artist and once mentioning that she considers Hirate as her (friendly) rival - recently, the two even seemed to get closer to each other again, doing the 2shot gravure, baby talk and stuff (in one Takamina interview, they wanted to go out for Karaoke too).

It's pretty difficult not to get spoiled when being the center of attention since childhood. Moreover, having raised four children so far, there's a good chance that her parents were quite laid back about her. Her 'confidence only' style and not being serious about school stuff (IntelliQueen contest) hints towards this.

Although the translation is correct in sense from what I get, I would suggest just a very slightly difference and interpret '悲しくなります' in regard to herself, so 'I'm saddened about that when crossing the line, you don't just influence your own ambience/mind but that of those around you too' - because in that way, you could interpret it in regard to that her brother had to shut down his twitter because of Zuumin being famous or stuff. That whole interpretation of course could be outright wrong but in given context it would make some sense.

By the way, unfortunately I'm not really conscious about pre-teen modelling in the US, but in Europe for example, there is/was a variety of underage Disney entertainers as well. The great difference to idol is that the clientele for these productions is approximately the same age as the performers themselves, male and female alike (this, however, applies to female idol fans in Japan too). Idol is straightforwardly pointed towards men who are vulnerable to become dependant of these things and invest ridiculous sums of money into it, while these teen entertainers were supposed to be like everyday persons the viewers can identify themselves with. However, I gotta say, I haven't been following these things for almost a decade now so I can't say if it still is like this, but the basic idea behind it was always completely different in western society.

8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@Atreyu -- All true. Disney clientele different. Perfect analysis of vulnerable idol fan population. US pre-teen modelling is mainly parents as fans. See "Litttle Miss Sunshine" movie and Jon Benet Ramsay murder case.

And I may be unfair to Zuumin, although what I read in Japanese sources is about her comparative social isolation (too strong a word) from the other members (except Pon and Uemura: one poster says she stays at Uemura's house, which is closer to studios). She is certainlyseeming equanimous about her "demotion" to the power-packed second row. I tend to see things in her expressions that I know may not actually be there. One youngest girl in family of boys -- or one youngest boy in family of girls -- can tend to become the family's pet, which can give them confidence, but also overconfidence/inability to cope. Complicated.

EDIT: I like your interpretation of her words. I had trouble imagining her criticizing him in public. Expressing her own regret in public, however, seems more likely.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

New photos from Fuu-chan's blog:

sub-member-6826_png_640.jpg sub-member-6826_01_png_640.jpg

Fuu-chan says this was at the handshake event on the weekend. She was sitting there and called Zuumin over, then had the shot taken. "Santa-Zumi is soo cute!" Zuumin and Ozeki are the two members she would most like to have as little sisters. "On second thought, that would be too noisy. Maybe it's better if they're a friend's little sisters."

• Like Like x 1
  10. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
  11. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    [​IMG]

At the time of Keyakizaka debut, she actively served as temporary front girl. With her singing skill, chanting her love fore meat and crayon shin chan ( an anime for little kids), and thanks to her weird face on other members blog, she began to stand out more and more. Last year, due to her shyness she used her headphones numerous time in the waiting room. The truth is, she confessed actually wanting to deep the bonds between keyaki members during the time they spend together; to know the members way of thinking and personality. Accordingly to those words, she now spend some good time with all the members. Concerning 2016, it’s looking back at how grateful she was for receiving all this experience despite this feeling of still having a lot to work on, little by little.

12. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    I found these old videos of her singing, for anyone who's curious about what she sounds like live/solo:

and here she is auditioning for the show Sing!Sing!Sing!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  13. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    She is amazing :chuffed:

I really hope she gets a solo song in the next single, Hirate got one and now it's Zuumin's turn!

14. fujimiko

fujimiko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    With those talent she deserved to be in center position, at least once.

15. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Is it just me or does her eyes look a bit different from the other girls ? She does seem to be more hyperactive as compared to the others.

16. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    it's not just you, I notice it too. she says herself that her emotions are very extreme in either direction (happy, sad, or upset/angry) and I think you can tell this is true just by looking at the expression in her eyes aha.

17. xrahmx

xrahmx Member

Oshimen:
    Haruppi / Bibian
    Twitter:
    HT_xrahmx
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    She looks like she could be of mixed ethnicity.

19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Looking into her eyes, I feel that she is in some kind of panic mode much of the time, confused and just scrambling to keep up with life. The smiles seem forced to me, covering up a deeper, darker reality. My heart went out to her when I saw how nervous she was as they lined up to go onstage for the Xmas live.

I love the idea in W-Keyakizaka no Uta that the members of K46 were all people who previously had trouble with life. I'm going to apply it to everyone, lol.

On another note entirely, I see her appearing more in ads and magazines. I wonder if they really are preparing to give her a chance at centre? Perhaps a double centre with someone like Neru, or Hirate, or even Pon? I can't imagine her not being in the front row next time, anyway (Hirate flanked by Zuumin and Suzumoto, flanked by Sugai and Pon?)

On a third note, there is a collection of posts from 2channel on a matome site today answering the question of why people find Zuumin so appealing. The answers include: great singer, cute, small, cheerful, her smile, stupid, sexy, positive, rich range of expression, and big breasts. The thing that has most impressed me about her recently is how good her dancing has become.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  20. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    BB? Is it really that important with 46 groups? For 48 groups, its understandable, but... I mean look at Nogi, most of their members have none. ~~

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017