1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Imaizumi Yui (Zuumin) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. sakurasucker

sakurasucker Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tomita Suzuka
    Thanks a lot for the link! :1st::worthy:

Might I suggest using DeepL? :oops: I find its translation performance is better...here's the whole interview run through DeepL...what do you think? :flower:

2.5 Jigen! interviewed actress Yui Imaizumi about her enthusiasm for the stage, balancing work and child-rearing, and her thoughts on singing. (*The interview was conducted on February 28.)

--This will be a repeat performance of "Shura Yukihime" which was staged last November. What did you think when you heard that it would be performed again?

I was surprised when I first heard about it, as I had not expected to be asked to perform the same piece so soon. I was more surprised than happy. In fact, on the first day of the last performance, when everyone gathered in a circle, I was the only one who said, "Let's do it again". That's how much I wanted to do it again as soon as possible.

--What made you feel that way?

It was the first time for me to experience creating something from scratch, and I thought it would be so much fun. I have experience on stage in "Atami Murder Case" and "Azumi: Sengoku Arc", which have been performed by many different people. On the other hand, "Shura Yukihime" was created from scratch by everyone. I felt a sense of anxiety wondering if we would be able to make it on time for the performance, and I really enjoyed the atmosphere of working together to create the piece, which made me want to do it again.

--Are you the type of person who studies carefully by looking at previous works?

Yes, that's right. For "Atami Murder Case" and "Azumi," I watched the video and memorized the script based on it. This time, I created the script from scratch, so it was a different kind of fun.

--I think you have a movie version of "Shurayukihime".

I really watched the movie "Shura Yukihime" many times. When I was watching the movie, I always wondered how you would adapt it to the stage. It was a lot of fun to actually rehearse and be like, "Oh, that scene from the movie".

--Did you have any references for the scene?

I was very conscious of how to get around. But it was still difficult. Shunichi Okamura, who was in charge of composition and direction, told me, "Be careful how you stand, because it is completely different from Azumi". When I saw the movie, I found it difficult because it was so beautiful. I had to slant my body a little, put my feet together, and stand neatly, with my back straight.

--Did you feel a sense of fulfillment after finishing your first performance in a year?

I had been rehearsing for almost two months, so I felt a sense of loss for a while, like it was over and nothing was left. To be honest, I did not really enjoy the three days. I was more nervous, so this time, I want to enjoy myself as much as I can.

--When did you feel scared?

Before that, I had often felt anxious, thinking, "What if I suddenly go blank?" But last time, my mind was blank all the time. And yet somehow I had the strange feeling that the dialogues and the stand-up would come out naturally. I was like, "For sure, I won't be able to come up with the dialogue next time". Even though I was thinking, "I'm sure I won't be able to come up with any more lines next time," they just came out naturally for three days, which was quite scary. I was afraid that if I suddenly went completely blank, I would stop, and what would I do?

--The previous production and this one have the same original story and the same roles, but are there any differences?

The cast has increased this time and the content has changed a little, so I think it will be a different production from the last one. The characters who fought only at the end last time fight from the beginning, and the content is more intense than last time, so I think those are the highlights of the film.

--What kind of woman do you feel the main character, Snow, is?

I think she is a very powerful woman because she stands alone to defeat her enemies, and I hope I can express that on stage as well.

I also gave birth and became a mother last year, so I think there is a lot of overlap in that sense. I think I have to be strong when raising a child, so I wonder if there are some similarities between us.

--In the last performance, you said, "No one is worthless". It was a very memorable statement, but what made you think so?

In my 23 years of life, I have thought about these things many times, and I have come to realize that there is no one whose life is worthless, that there is meaning to life. I really felt this through this work.

--I think it must have been a combination of the birth of a child who is innocent and sinless, and whose thirst for life is visible.

Yes, it did. I learned a lot from the child, and I could feel that she was living life to the fullest, so I felt that it is wonderful to live.

--I also felt it through this work. What gave you hope in the year leading up to your return to work?

I wanted to work again, and I wanted to be on stage again, but I had half given up on that. I never thought I would be allowed to play a leading role on stage again, so I felt that life is interesting. But before I decided to make a full-fledged comeback, I was living every day with the hope that I would have a safe delivery.

--Did you give up on returning to work?

Realistically speaking, there were times when I really wondered if it would be better if I didn't come back.

--It's hard to practice with a child.

Toward the end or middle of the last rehearsal, she started crying at night, and from that point on, it became quite difficult. This time, too, the training started at the peak of her crying at night, so I had to think about how to deal with myself and my child at the same time, and I lost my nerve once.

--What happened?

Hajime Kubota came to our rehearsals even though it must have been tough for him to work on the script with little sleep. But there were quite a few moments when I almost made excuses for myself, saying "I haven't slept much, so I can't concentrate". I would say, "It's obvious that I'm not concentrating," or "I'm not getting into the killings at all". People around me might have sensed that. I felt so depressed, and it was hard to do something about it... So I lost heart once. I got sick and felt really miserable that I couldn't take care of myself.

-I think it is hard when you have children.

Yes, it was tough. I don't have a lot of time to go to the supermarket now, so my family would buy things for me when I needed them, or they would cut up vegetables and tell me to freeze them, so that helped a lot.

--You sang the theme song for the last show. What will happen this time?

We haven't actually recorded the song yet, but once you hear it once, it really grabs your ear, and I can't wait for you to hear it.

--What kind of existence do songs have for you?

It may sound frivolous if I say it gives me courage, but lately I often listen to the song thinking that the song and the lyrics are very much in tune with who I am today. So I am really cheered up and given courage. I really think the power of song is amazing.

--Do you want to continue acting to broaden your range of expression and try singing again in earnest?

If I had the opportunity to sing again, I would want to do it without telling anyone that it was me. I would be very happy to sing on stage and have the song distributed as I did this time, but I would be a little embarrassed if I were to take it seriously. I am not an outstandingly good singer, so there is a part of me that wants to hide it.

--Do you want people to hear the song itself after hiding it?

I think that when the filter of Yui Imaizumi is applied, the way we hear and perceive the music may change. I want people to hear the song, so I want to hide who I am.

--What is your enthusiasm for this play?

I know there are some people who are reluctant to go on stage now because of the Corona disaster, but I believe that the message this work conveys to everyone is a strong one. If you are struggling with life right now, or if you are tired, I would be happy if you could watch this play and be cheered up.

"Shurayukihime - Easter 50th - Shurayuki and the Eight Villains" will be performed at Kinokuniya Hall in Tokyo from March 18 to 27.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like Like x 3
  2. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Some new Lady Snowblood videos:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    New role:

The movie "I want to walk in the sun someday" starring Fumika Baba has announced additional cast.

Shizuka Nakamura will play the role of Madoka Takahashi opposite Fumika Baba, and Kohei Takeda, the poster child for the Heisei Masked Rider, will play a key role on Ishigaki Island.

Yui Imaizumi, a former member of Keyakizaka 46, will play a role that shakes Ishigaki Island, and Yoichi Onsui, Takashi Nishina, Kazue Ito, Moroshioka, Erika Mayuzumi, and Hideto Suzuki will provide supporting roles.

Her comment:
    Humans are scary. Or are women scary? I don't know if it's because people are scary or because women are scary, but through this work, I really thought that it would be nice if everyone could live peacefully every day.
    Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

large_今泉.jpeg

large_てぃだロゴ.jpeg

https://popnroll.tv/articles/24736

• Like Like x 2
  5. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Yui Imaizumi, an actor, challenges Dermapen to improve skin problems after childbirth on the official YouTube channel of "Shonan Beauty Clinic",

• Like Like x 2
  6. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Last edited: May 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. sakurasucker

sakurasucker Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tomita Suzuka
    Nice reunion pics from her IG:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 3
  9. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  10. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    She has retired in the face of persistent stalking (link posted on our discord)

From her blog:

Everyone involved
    And to all of you who continue to support me even now, thank you very much.

This is the last time I'm going to send this out, so please let me spell out my honest feelings.

[talk about raising her child and her heath]

To those who have taken care of us and those who support us
    I am very sorry that I have to leave in this way.

Originally, we planned to announce it a little later, but today, as usual, reporters were ambushed and stalked, and I couldn't endure it anymore mentally.

The pain of living has become stronger than the fun and happiness of everyday life.

Binoculars and cameras were pointed at me, and I felt terrified, so I consulted with the police, but they said, ``Because reporters are also a job, there's nothing you can do about it.''
    Now that I've been told that, all I can do is ask you to stop.

From now on, I won't be doing any activities as Yui Imaizumi, so please stop writing articles and chasing me.

https://ameblo.jp/imaizumiyui-official/entry-12771367311.html

A separate article
    https://smart-flash.jp/showbiz/206721/1

• Informative Informative x 10
  11. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The Twitter account Sakuzaka Central has posted a full English language translation of Zuumin's blog post at the following link:
    https://twitter.com/sakuzakacentral/status/1585324262357106690

It's worth reading the whole thing to understand exactly what she's been going through especially to protect her child and also she says she's been having medical investigations with OB-GYN for a possible preliminary stage of cervical cancer. :(

• Informative Informative x 14
  12. sashiyui_

sashiyui_ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Zuumin - Techi - Suzumon
    any current info about Zuumin ? im curious

Sent from my Infinix X663B using Tapatalk

13. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    Her Twitter still exits but is private. I don’t know whether it is still in use or not.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Hopefully not. Twitter is quite f*cked up after Musk fired people. It's not a safe space to be, even in private.
    I keep hoping stories like Zuumin would push Japan to take a step towards assuring major safety of its people and especially women, but it seems they are still far from it.

I spare you what I think of "journalists", paparazzi or even former fans who can't nor want respect a woman privacy. Saying it's their job is just bullshit.
    It's a choice, always.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. sakurasucker

sakurasucker Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tomita Suzuka
    I totally agree on the paparazzi (as I wrote in a drama review recently, together with pimps and banksters, they're "the Scum of the Earth").
    But I totally disagree on Twitter, LOL...much better now imho, as I'll take freedom of speech over orwellian censorship any day of the week. There are laws to punish the excesses of the former, whereas the latter gets, alas, unpunished. "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" wrote Juvenal, very aptly (for those who don't know Latin, Alan Moore also quite aptly made that phrase into one of his masterpieces' motto: "Who watches the Watchmen?" ;))

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I wasn't talking about Musk decision to allow Supremacists and the like back on twitter and permitting hatespeech like it's nothing.
    I'm against it of course, but that's a social and political matter I'm not going to discuss here, since it's not the place.

I was talking about the safety of using twitter now. I'm not that good of a person to worry if someone who want a place where "not be censored" goes there. Couldn't care less actually.

Zuumin is another matter, and after all she went through, I hope she finds a safer place and better way to use socials.
    Japanese women already managed to make apps to help each other irl, I hope and believe they'll manage to make the next step on the net.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. sakurasucker

sakurasucker Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tomita Suzuka
    Let's agree to disagree there. A social network ruled & highly censored by trotskyites ain't no safe place to me. For you it is. Good for you. End of the story.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I think you misunderstood twice, but okay. Bye

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Not sure how one could misunderstand the genuine concern you have for Zuumin's mental health while using social media @Dill, especially in her current situation with critical fans, trolls and haters voicing their opinions and theories on how she has dealt with her issues. Talking about freedom of speech or whatever is a complete digression of your comment lmao

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    @minaeshi yeah, but I didn't expect anything better to be honest

• Dislike Dislike x 2