1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Ishida Chiho (Chiho)

Discussion in 'STU48 Members' started by ithebigc, May 9, 2017.

1. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    You're welcome :)

I'm now waiting for STU's Line-up for the 50th Single. I need another thing to look forward to lol

2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Mobame. More translation [hehe]

3. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    More work lol
    There are still a lot of translations missing :^^;:

Nah, but I love to read them haha

4. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I have a black hole of Hinachan SR from July - September XD

Maybe I'll just let it go...:whistle:

5. Miyunyan

Miyunyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hasegawarena
    Another selection? Poor STU ...
    I hope I can see her in an MV soon!!

6. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    STU has a group song in the single and it's 100% MV bound. I'm buying 10 copies of that type if I see Hinachan center.

Chiho and the other girls will be very much included.

7. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    Not definitive yet. They did said the participating members will be announced later, it could be all of them too.

8. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    If Chihochan is in there I'll 100% buy a copy. If they aren't hiding Chihochan in some back row or something I'll buy some more lol

DLqQmmxVwAAQJ6_.jpg

And for the love of KadoIshi, just watch the beginning of this video <3
    https://twitter.com/akechan39/status/917197610242281477
    It's been a while since I saw some good KadoIshi interaction lol

I've also finally come around to watch the latest two Showrooms.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    I was laughing so hard when Minami's alarm clock started at around 38 seconds in [hehe]

Also today morning she mentioned that she finally met Chou Kurena and was able to exchange LINE. She wants to talk with her a lot.

if the video does not show watch the video here

9. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ Re: KadoIshi -- Kado + Ishi = 角+石 = 'cornerstone' :chuffed:

Re: Chiho's alarm -- if you listen closely with earphones you can hear Minami whisper in the background 'gomen' or something. :^^;: Plus, Chiho's trademark AM-SR super-dreamy-breathy voice goes straight to Yankii tsukkomi when it goes off... then returns to it once everything settles back down :lol::blush:

10. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Didn't really wanna spoil the fun but you know it's kado 門 as in door right? Or were you playing with the pun XD

11. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ The pun -- 'kado' can be both, as in NGT's Kado Yuria, who does spell her family name with '角'...

I have a *long* ways to go to even hope to pass N4... but damn :^^;:

Silly sidenotes: 'Kadowaki' (門脇) in Miyumiyu's case is read 'side gate'... but it can also be read 'door + armpit', or 'doorjamb' :^^;: and 'Miyuna' (実優菜) is 'true actor' + 'na' (common suffix for girl's names). But it can also be read 'truly tender vegetable'. So 'Kadowaki Miyuna' can be 'truly tender veg in a doorjamb'... :yikes:

Chiho's is a bit harder to tease: 'Ishida' (石田) 'stone field' can also be read as 'gem field', whereas 'Chiho' (千穂) is 'thousand ears of rice', but can also be 'thousand wave crests'. So, 'Ishida Chiho' = '1000 wave crests in a field of gems'. :blush:

12. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    You never fail to bring new perspectives on members name for me :lol:

13. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    How about GateStone!? :fear:[hehe]

Everytime you post something, @stormy it's something I've never really thought of. Or never went this deep. And it's fun reading your posts. You alwaya notice many small things. It's a blessing to have you posting here :D

14. nakotteiijan

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    The Russian version on the shirt makes me want to buy it even more, but it's so expensive. I love the fact they incorporated random languages.

As for looking at the Kanji of the name is one of my favorite things as a long-time roleplayer/writer. Whenever I have a Japanese character (too frequent to admit, such a weeaboo) I will end up searching Kanjis for their meaning for hours. One of my favorite things to do when I am bored lol

15. Miyunyan

Miyunyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hasegawarena
    Chiho must be pretty busy now. Only morning streams for a few days straight, and even forgot to schedule her SR for tomorrow. I wonder if she will be online on her usual time online. It's a school day after all.

16. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Thanks @May48 ! The Japanese love to pun nanori (name kanji readings)... try looking up the names of anime characters, and see how they relate to the story, for example...

Re: Chiho -- I hope she isn't working too hard... perhaps there's a test coming up. At age 15 the curfew is pretty early...

People used to consult Shinto or Buddhist temples, to find a name that had the correct number of strokes in their kanji, or had the correct one of the five elements (fire, earth, metal, water, or wood) according to birthdate. Apparently my mother went against the grain and just named me after a famous historical figure, which put her at odds against her mother for a while... they take it quite seriously, apparently. :^^;:

17. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    What does it say in russian? [hehe]
    Unfortunately there's no german so I can't make fun about this cute idea lol

She always made it home in time, or streamed from the car on her way home. So either very busy, or very tired. Or both.
    I mean, it's a good thing, but she shouldn't overwork herself.

18. nakotteiijan

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    The same as all other versions, but seeing this is Russian makes me laugh so hard. It just seems surreal.
    On a different note, I really hope they get public SNS soon. Even though it's unlikely to happen (look at NGT48, they got their Instagrams 2 years after their debut), I hope they will. Maybe daily blogs (like NGT48's Photologs) make more sense, but the lack of HQ Chiho pictures makes me suffer.

19. Miyunyan

Miyunyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hasegawarena
    She'll come online at her usual time. 7:30AM.
    Either Showroom needs some time to update the schedules, or Chiho is still awake :hmm:

20. nakotteiijan

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    Hopefully the link works: I went over older Chiho tweets and uploaded all the Chiho pics from her ASH days.
    Some of them are ones I've never seen before.