1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Ishida Chiho (Chiho)

Discussion in 'STU48 Members' started by ithebigc, May 9, 2017.

1. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

12 Nov SR:
    • I'd no idea Chiho disliked eggs -- she says she doesn't mind them mixed in with something, but dislikes egg-centric dishes, like chawanmushi and tamagoyaki. This reminds me of an earlier interview where she mentioned why she gets up so early every morning -- her mother puts things she hates into her school lunch, like hijiki... so there was a big fight and she decided to get up & make lunch herself. Egg and hijiki were* some of my faves, so I wonder if there's some cultural or just preferential reason. :blush::hehe:
    • She wondered if there was still makeup from the performance on her eyes -- there is a bit of dark like liner but she says she put that on for the SR.

* Hijiki, I learned, is quite full of organic arsenic compounds compared to other types of sea plants, so Chiho's intuition about it is good. I stopped eating it upon the publication of this article, from a trusted source of human-study-based nutrition information:

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    I remember one Showroom waaay back where she mentioned she can't come online earlier (someone asked because 7:30AM was bad timing for him) because she's busy making her own lunch. Upon the question why she only mentioned that her mother stopped doing it (I think it was around middle school?) upon her request. She never explained why though until now. I think it's really nice to see how much she opens up in SR about her private life.

I'm pretty sure she's quite picky about onions too. She eats them, but they need to be mixed correctly into a dish. And she hates tomatoes.
    Chihochan seems to be a picky eater. But I can totally relate to her on this lol

3. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

If Chiho is Chiho due to her choice of food... then I'm all for it -- be as fussy as you like! :blush:

I grew up with a pretty diverse palate (JDM, Okinawan, Filipino, Korean, Chinese, Puerto Rican, Portuguese, of course US) as well as skin-diving for my dinner some nights... so being picky about food wasn't a thing. But being processed foods (esp in US) are full of things convenient for the manufacturer and not for the sake of the consumer... maybe picky is better. Informed and picky is preferred, but (true) intuition is always correct. :approve:

Oh! I remember when she said it (I think...?)... it was when she and Michu(?) were interviewing for a backstage episode of NHK's AKB48 SHOW! and she mentioned it. Don't quote me though... my uncle-brain is rusty in more places than I like. :^^;:

--

Her 11/12 evening SR:
    • Talked about more food topics, like spice / spicy foods, going to a kaitenzushi, & what kind of yogurt drink she was sipping on (Yakult's Joa "O" blueberry)...
    • She's wearing a mustard-colored top with a '70's-like ruffle cuff which she felt was cute... and a fan mentioned it made him want oden... which Chiho said she can't eat with mustard
    • Sugahara Saki got an iPhone X (she's pronouncing the 'X' correctly, as 'ten') and was amazed at the picture quality, which she thought looked like an expensive camera's (DSLR)
    • She also commented on some app on it that you could use to 'emojify' yourself, and about why Apple decided to skip 'iPhone 9' (because in one of its biggest markets and location of its manufacture -- China, the number '9' is considered very bad luck... wish someone would've told me similar for the Note 7 :hmm:). An SR moderator had to step in to keep Chiho from naming iPhone models, who she called an 'ojisan' :chuffed:
    • At ~2:30, a fan says 'you look cute makeup-less' and she says 'I'm not makeup-less...:p' in a sort of adorable Chiho-ian sing-song-y voice :blush::blush: Like most of her evening SRs... Chiho's full of funny exclamations and sounds tonight...
    • Chiho had a request to sing and do dance choreo for a familiar song to Chiho fans, a bit from HKT's '12byou'

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  4. Miyunyan

Miyunyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hasegawarena
    I'm honestly surprised that Chiho can get this angry, fight with her mother, and decides to do her own lunch. Though I'm also impressed that she still does this. I would be too lazy. I would just eat everything I liked and would bring the other things back home for my dad to eat lol

5. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

She probably has pretty strong feelings about food she doesn't like... and her mom natch, probably is just as strong-willed about getting up early in the morning to make food her daughter won't eat. So the only alternative is to make it herself, as she's a good kid and not a petulant or apathetic one. There's also the tuition to ASH and all the opportunities that brought, informing her actions. Now Mom can sleep in a bit, at least those mornings Chiho doesn't have an early work call. ;)

Chiho's a Horse Year child, with the previous Snake Year still part of her, as she's a Spring baby. Horses are known for their caution, hence Chiho's pickyness. <3 And the Snake is docile and lies low... but is ready to strike when necessary. It'd be interesting to know what Year her mom is. :chuffed:

There foods I won't eat... but then again 95% of people wouldn't eat them either... and they're all Third-World-ish things with insects or raw land animal parts or fish left on a corrugated roof tile to decompose ferment into so-called food, or seafood still alive when it's served or eaten -- that's completely- and unnecessarily-cruel to me. Durian is fine, shiokara is fine, anything in a reputable sushiya is fine, including uni. Heck I used to eat wana (pronounced VAna), Hawaiian for spiny urchin, raw from the shell after a dive, amazing.

6. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    The fun thing is, you can tell if her mother or father is driving her. The brownish car seems to belong to her mother since she's always telling us her mother is driving right now when she's in there haha

Today we got a better look at the matching charms MiyuMiyu got Chihochan and herself from Hyogo.
    697f5a096d5f94e8e1e.jpeg
    Chihochan talked about them before while she was in the car, but she wasn't able to show MiyuMiyu's color (obviously). She also mentioned that she still remembers all the comments saying "Like a couple" from SR [hehe]

7. Miyunyan

Miyunyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hasegawarena
    Aww. They're so cute. Does Chiho write about MiyuMiyu a lot in her mails?

8. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    Every 2nd day, I think. Sometimes she labels the mails as "Today's KadoIshi" and stuff.
    But I think she's the one who appears the most in her mails from every STU member.

9. Miyunyan

Miyunyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hasegawarena
  10. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

11/14 0730 SR:

Chiho does a bunch of the usual sweet-n-greet, though it seems she's got a bit more energy, and isn't sleepy-dreamy Chiho today. :blush:

She's got a jeans jacket on, which she says is 'cause it's cold today :cold: Usually she wears a T & hoodie to lessons but because the wind is cold and she wants not to get sick, she's going 'Western style' and sporting a jeans jacket. It's Sugahara Saki's birthday today as well.

She does a lot of her trademark 'Oh!' this SR -- I think last SR a fan tried to make the connection between her yogurt drink "Joa 'O' Blueberry" and her saying 'Oh'... but she just blew it off :^^;:

At ~24:20, she gets her iPad in order to read names a bit easier... and almost drops it! Her little squeal then immediate 'bukkirishitaaa' (that startled meee) with her face in genuine shock, like :shocku: was adorable... she slips back into idol mode again in a second and lets it go. :approve:

~26:25, she demonstrates that she doesn't have anything on her face other than lip gloss. How she does it though... :p

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  11. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    There was like a whole month in which she knocked her camera off the whole time [hehe]
    We always could look at the wall, the ground, and the ceiling, while listening to her surprised scream lol
    I felt really tempted to make a whole video just from these scenes, but since Chihochan is online everyday (sometimes twice a day) it would be waaaaay to time consuming tbh :^^;:

At least I don't need to feel bad for not updating her mails here lol

12. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Well, can't embed this, but at least the link is there and it's not in any immediate danger of being yanked, like SRs on YT are right now (lost another SR channel of mine, so they're looking):

Bilibili link: (starts ~1:12)

It's our Chiho doing a kayaking trip! Just in and out of a small bay but a real kayak nonetheless! :blush:

Ishida "Mi" and Michu (MiMichu?) are the oneesans helping our Chiho not bump into them setting off. :p She actually does go out in this EP and doesn't get grounded for fear of the water as we hypothesized. She looks like she has a ball out there (eventually anyway)...

Still don't know why Chiho got such different gear than the oneesans, but it didn't seem to make a difference; she still got the full experience. Fight! ;)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  13. Miyunyan

Miyunyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hasegawarena
    This was a great episode. I love to see the girls challenging new things!
    Next Episode Chiho MC?

It's not your tumblr?

14. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    Oneesans [hehe]
    She actually refers to some of them as Oneechans in her mails. And they're really helping her~
    I mean, Chihochan always mentions how Kyoko teaches her a lot about fashion (though it's a hit or miss for me tbh), and Torochan trained her to ride the bus and train.
    And she's really happy because she got better at both of them. A few days ago she posted an junior high photo and questioned her fashion sense, and another time she proudly mentioned that she's now able to ride the bus and train on her own. Though she still questions her maturity when she sees elementary schoolers using the train by temselves too :lol:

The Etajima episode was really enjoyable. I've never tried kayaking but now I want to. They let it look like pure fun haha

Also I can finally download Episode 3. Still searching for Episode 2 though because I can't download the vids from their original page :glare:

Is Episode 4 online already? I've heard it was Michu MC again. And the Etajima blog updated with the same kayaking photos. So anothet kayak episode?
    I'm waiting for another Chihochan MC episode to see her improvement. She really wanted to challenge herself!

@Miyunyan Nope, not my page. I'm too busy with SetouchinoChiho tbh. The friend who's working with me on it can't update as often anymore so I'm working almost alone now lol

15. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ Well... it's a weird thing with honorifics when your doukis are much older than you, as in idol generations. It prolly depends on the context and who's listening -- 'oneesan' is standard for a middle schooler to refer to 3rd-yr HS or college-aged women.

But when they're the same gen, tameguchi is accepted but falling back on keigo is always safe when a daisenpai or other authority figure is around (like a producer). They're all '-chans' to me... as are pretty much 80% of posters here, I wager! :^^;::fp:

That water was gorgeous. Looks like they filmed in the waning days of summer... because the weather around Etajima in the past few weeks is nothing like what was in the EP. :cold:

16. Miyunyan

Miyunyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hasegawarena
    Oh my ... no way. Shes too cute lol

17. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    Chihochan is talking about the two Christmas Tour dates the whole time in her mails. How excited she is, and that her christmas celebration totally changed - last year she was in Miyajima with two friends, and now they're doing events.

This makes me really hopeful - either that she is one of the Senbatsu members, or that all members appear. But at the same time it makes me anxious because I'm already looking forward to it, but it still might be that she won't be in Senbatsu and was just writing her mails in the hope she'll be selected :^^;:

18. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Little 7-yo chibi-Chiho, is amazin-gu. :blush::blush::blush:

[​IMG] [​IMG] :1st:

19. Miyunyan

Miyunyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hasegawarena
    Gyaru :hehe:
    With her tanned skin and light eye shadow.

20. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    Don't tell her this. We already had the discussion a few times when she showed us the photo on SR. The Fans loved to tease her with this :lol:

@stormy In case you haven't seen the other Chibi Chiho photos she showed off in SR someday in the past :)
    I'm pretty sure there was another stream, but I'm too lay to go through all the pages. But I stumbled upon her Wota collection stream again, so sharing this again too lol