Ishimori Nijika (Nijipon) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

For a solo, yes.

Not sure if this could be assumed as outside 46 related though.[hehe]

2. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    Eh, close enough :p

Did the Corpse Party live action always have a link with Nogizaka i.e. They specifically auditioned Nogi members a la The Wiz musical? Or did Ikoma get the role on her own and Nogi became known by association?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

(Not quite sure, you may need to ask someone else again)It's the latter.

4. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
  5. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  6. JadeFlower

JadeFlower Member

Twitter:
    sarahfylxr
  7. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    Just poaching this from another thread because I thought it was interesting to know, and because I wanted to breathe life into this thread :chuffed:

Favorite idol among female college student, "生" idol ranking ! !
    14th theme: The idol you think her dancing is good
    https://hustlepress.co.jp/20160902_column
    View attachment 80374

Ishimori's No.1 in Keyaki and No. 2 in the Sakamichi Series!! Even higher than her Keyaki counterpart, Techi!! :1st:

8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Classic, classic pic of Nijika, from her blog for Thursday, posted five hours ago. Thumbnail so you can download the full-size pic.

sub-member-4932_jpg.jpg

I think she must have been able to whip home for a day or two. She says Lady gave her a bit of cold reception at first, but here they are lying together in the sunshine in a corner of the veranda.

9. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    I'm going to drag Nijika's thread from the second to the first page so that I can post this interview I translated with her and Zuumin where they talk about their singing and their baka moments! It's a sweet interview!

you can read it here!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  10. jokoyamajui

jokoyamajui Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nagasawananako
    I liked the bit where she was talking about calling folk songs as pork songs. Lots of funny moments. I also wonder which Harajuku place this is... I wonder if by English they mean katakana.

11. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    Nijika's Lotte gum commercials

if the video does not show watch the video here

if the video does not show watch the video here

12. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    tbh..i'm having trouble trying to understand why nijika wasn't pushed to the first row in this single.. i can understand habu and eumura because well, they can fend or themselves and their handshakes are stable or growing... but nijika... i love her a lot so i can't understand why her popularity and hs sales are so low? is she just not as funny in hs events as she is on tv shows, or do japanese fans just not see the appeal? i'm really curious about this lol

13. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    yeah I can't really understand it either. it's a pity because I really like Nijika and I think she really sticks out when she's with the group as a character (at least I notice her). she has a lot of potential for sure.

apparently she's known to be assertive and talkative at handshakes even when the fans are quiet and have nothing to say. perhaps her aggressiveness turns people off? but then I know Imaizumi is known to be a bit aggressive too and she obviously doesn't struggle with sales...

hopefully they'll give her the chance they gave satoshi and fuyuka and she can improve her sales!

plus, her selfies are usually pretty good quality too

[​IMG]

edit:

I just found a few more comments about why she's not popular. many are saying that her personality seems bad... a lot of them bring up the time she didn't respond when they were picking senbatsu (I don't remember this) and made a face like she was displeased about her place. they also say she appears to eager to stand out during appearances/tv programs.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  14. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    ^ Is that why she's not popular? It seems to be the way of the Japanese fans to not like their idols too assertive and rocking the boat. Oh well. It's how they are... In my book she's pretty good. I wish her well and for a growing fan base.

15. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

EDIT: I just came to read this again and realized that it sounded totally unfriendly and as if I wouldn't agree with you both at all. If you came to such an impression, I'm really sorry because it was nowhere intentional.

All of this critizism regarding assertiveness/over-activity applies way more to Fuyuka and Odanana who still have better HS sales than Nijika (especially after this round where Fuyuka sold a rocking three slots and Odanana at least one) so it probably is not the sole reason. On the contrary, I personally think she's not overdoing it in TV shows at all, instead just doing her best when it's asked for. HS sales are not the sole indicator of popularity but a decent reference, and it looks like she finds herself at the very bottom. Makes me worried too.

My ideas are:
    • Her mimic and facial features are very individual but not typical for an idol and diverts from the idealized japanese female. This is probably a major factor because being an idol is at least halfway about looks. Her neutral expression is also relatively dark and doesn't create much sympathy, at least in my view.
    • She was dead last in the intelligence/academic ability contest despite having been confident about herself. But in contrast to Imaizumi who is just a bit dumb but very cute about being made fun of, she looks like she'd actually like to be good and tries hard but just fails. So, her no-brainer image is a minus instead of a plus because it has no cuteness etc. about it and accordingly cannot be used as a gimmick.
    • The senbatsu election mentioned was the one for SekAi. She made a displeased expression after being called, waited for a moment and then walked towards her place without saying a word. Others were displeased too but she might have a tendency to overestimate her potential (although its definitely there, but she's not ready yet). Considering that she already has experience as a local underground idol though, I can understand it that it must be a huge disappointment of 'losing' against so many newcomers.
    • I can think of two talents she has: Acting and dancing. The problem is that these are two talents that generally don't attract many fans and even get overshadowed by other members: Acting by Berika and also others who aren't much worse, dancing by Fuu, Miyu and Techi. Especially being barely visible on stage and in MVs makes the latter relatively insignificant.
    Sums up to a relatively dull situation that will be hard to break out of. Well, so far, thanks for reading if you did.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I've translated a couple of her blog posts recently. This one today, in which she says she sat beside "Sugai-chan" yesterday and found her so cute: "when she's eating, she looks like a small animal." This one a couple of days ago, for Suzumoto's birthday.

In the past, she seemed negative and pessimistic all the time, and I found her a real downer. I think the movie made a big difference to her sense of self-worth. As it should have.

My own first reaction to her, months ago, was that she was ugly. She certainly has distinctive facial features, of a certain witch-like kind. Now I'm finding her quite attractive, with those same features. I do think her features may have something to do with her lack of popularity, in addition to all the other factors mentioned. I'm still not sure it all adds up, though.

Then there's the fact that I'm not really a dog-lover, lol. Dogs seem to be Nijika's whole world. I just rewatched the KeyaKake episode from last fall (#4) in which she was the first Keyaki-chan ever introduced live. I thought she was great. Competent and talkative. And it was cute when she got so depressed at the fact that she thought a picture of a Jack Russell terrier was a picture of a Brazilian terrier.

17. Anni48

Anni48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
  18. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

Quite some while ago, Yuuka and Akanen actually were featured as well in it.
    http://www.bilibili.com/video/av6934727/

It seems like Otona e Novel is a TV series in which everyday problems, occurences or anecdotes are highlighted and occasionally re-enacted in a fun way with prominent guests.
    Nijika definitely needs to use every chance she gets. Looking forward to it.

19. Anni48

Anni48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Thanks a lot @Atreyu
    Somehow I had a feeling that I heard about it before just couldn't remember where or when. Probably when Yuuka and Akanen were in it. [hehe]

I'm happy whenever she gets a chance to appeal to more people. Hope she uses it well! And personally I'm really looking forward to see more of her acting.

20. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I think she's been really good in the recent TV performances of Otona wa Shinjitekurenai. Good dancing and good expressiveness. And I've seen comments from Japan in the past few hours that agree with that.