1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Album Iwasa Misaki 1st [Request Covers] (2013/11/06)

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by Arubaro, Jun 18, 2013.

1. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Need to pay those damn customs charge before getting my copy [boom] . Gonna have them packed separately next time.

Anyway, just want to post this excerpt from Nani mo Soko Made...
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jENe2OM3QAg[/yt]

2. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Somebody had fun making a duet with Teresa Teng.....(keeping in mind that she was considered a total Diva)

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGaIOI8uD3M[/yt]

3. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    ^ That's great! Wasamin totally holding her own (virtually) alongside the original artist...

^^ And for that epsode of Nani mo Soko Made, Wasamin is also in two of the skits. Check it out if you can find it! ;) She has been on that show a few times lately

4. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Also the Teng recording amplifies the voice more than Wasamin's which is a more 'true to voice' version. But yes Wasamin not being shamed next to the great.

It would be a good thing for Wasamin to study Teng and do more of her songs, even if privately and as a form of study. Hard to find a singer who could put a song together as well and subtly as her. Wasamin could learn an enormous amount from her. AND I think in producing this album Wasamin's singing/musician skills would have taken a good up curve again.

Wasamin really has gone a long way ahead of anything else in AKB now in terms of voice and singing skill. Which is remarkable considering that a few years ago she was nowhere in particular.

Hope whoever did that duet recording does the same for some of the other songs.

5. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Time for weekly sales
    215 102 ↓ リクエスト・カバーズ 430 8,119 13/11/6 TJC 岩佐美咲 9 3

430 for week 3. Thankfully there are 2 promotion events in the coming week. But seriously, she needs some TV appearance. Don't think she's winning anything in the Nihon Yusen Taisho. Another hope would be Nihon Sakushi Taisho for the lyricists, although I don't really see it coming. Fingers crossed.

6. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Partial report of 11/30 Kansai Event @Ario Osaka (reported via Wild-san, who made it for the 2nd show only)

[​IMG]

1. Akai Sweet Pea
    2. Hanamizuki
    3. Moshisora

This was the "casual attire" set, and Wasamin apparently wore the same outfit she was wearing when she appeared on one of the local television shows in the morning...

[​IMG]

According to Wild-san, she sounded a little bit tired. Her voice occasionally fading. Not her best performance :(

I will try to find out her early event setlist and kimono selection...

7. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    ^ According to the 2ch thread, the setlist of the first performance was
    1. Mujin Eki
    2. Toki no Nagareni Miwo Makase
    3. Ettou Tsubame

8. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

I listened to a couple of songs she did live on NicoNico (links on her Stage48 personal thread).. second song is on the last link.

She did the songs fine (actually on second viewing much better than I thought first up) but not the best that she can do, s

She would have done lots of singing and singing practice to record her album, would be doing lots of practice for the songs on her new single... and her voice training as well. Plus she is always subject to regular colds and throat infections.

Though she is young and shouldn't be having much trouble with too much singing, if it is compressed into a short period of time then maybe she is singing too much and her vocal 'chords' and muscles need some R&R.... especially as she has a big campaign coming up.

They need to watch that amount she is using her voice for singing. Also in singing these enka/ballad songs it isn't simple plain j-pop singing but requires effort/emphasis put into a lot of notes and that's a lot of exercise. Hope she is drinking lots of water when singing and practicing..need to stay properly hydrated all the time.

Maybe she should pull back on the energy she puts into some recitals and let the microphone do more of the work for her.

Have listened to her album a lot now...can say on headphones its bloody marvelous/terrific...time goes so quickly, helps having great songs as well.

9. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Another week has passed.

188 215 ↑ リクエスト・カバーズ 642 8,761 13/11/6 TJC
    岩佐美咲 9 4

There is at least one more promotion event in the coming week. Maybe hitting the 10k mark is still doable.
    Wasamin is going to sing in AKB48 no Anta, Dare? tomorrow. Unfortunately the management don't usually put Thursday shows on the Youtube channel. Hopefully there will be some report from the Japanese fans.

10. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Most certainly the highest quality singing album produced by an AKB member....basically sinking without trace it seems. Kinda of ridiculous when you think of it that something of this quality sells around 10,000 when some other stuff of low quality that would never be released if outside AKB gets 10x this.

But it isn't just the AKB idol world of course... world wide selling the image is, everything, the only way to 'sales success'. I suspect 10s of thousands of brilliant singers out there that we will never know about whilst we flag wave at the current crop of contemporary singers whose image has been sold best. Unless you are in the Opera world, where image is nothing without extremely high vocal talent.

But in any case Wasamin's long term market is the enka/ballad crowd and not idol or lolita fans.... though you would hope she can attract and take a number of them with her.

Also seems a bit of a quiet period again for Wasamin.... can't have these if they intend to push for sales.

11. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    I'm sorry but it sort of annoys me when you keep vilifying the work from other 48G member. Please give me examples of singles/albums that you think are low in quality. It's not that I disagree with you that this album is good, but it's simply unnecessary and irrelevant to talk about other members while commenting on it. Different people have different talents, and they are in the group to try to show it to others. I understand you are just supporting Wasamin, but you're not actually in the 48 fandom, but there's no reason to tread on others to support the member/work you like. Let's be honest. If Wasamin were not in AKB, do you think she'll ever get a chance to debut in enka? I highly doubt it. In addition, commercial success (or failure) of a product should be ascribed to all the parties working for and behind it. Only giving credit/blaming the artist sounds unfair to me.

The enka industry is in a slump is not anything new, but most importantly, it is a weird fact that the vast majority of enka listeners are more inclined to buying singles than albums. Take Yamauchi Keisuke as an example. His newest single "Kushiro Kuukou" sold 8,710 during the first week. After multiple events the latest sales is boosted to around 43.5k. Pretty good isn't it? However last week he released a new album, and only managed to sold 1,753 during the week, ranking at #65. Selling enka albums is by definition difficult. If you take away Hikawa Kiyoshi, who is a monster in enka, there are really not too many singers who can sell that many albums in general.
    Edit: During the fifth week the album ranks outside top 300, selling fewer than 362 copies. But what Wasamin has achieved is already very respectable.

By the way, this album is the only singing album (i.e. excluding Matsui Sakiko's piano album) released by a 48G member so far, so I'm not really sure where your comparison is from. If you take former members into account, Hoshino Michiru's "Sotsugyou" and Ono Erena's " ERENA" are also very decent, especially the former.

I apologize for my strong words, and I actually hope that I have misunderstood the message that you are trying to convey. But with all due respect, the way you talk about other 48G members (not only in the post above) really infuriates me and I can't help myself voicing my opinion.

12. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

That's not really fair because this album never did much advertising. I myself would have never found out about it if weren't for word-of-mouth among Wasa-fans. None of the AKB TV shows mentioned it at all (well, unless you count the 2 seconds on the Konto show that nobody really enjoys). Maybe it's because Aki-P didn't write any of the songs, and it was mostly up to her agency alone to produce this album. Either way, there's a difference between people not wanting to buy something, and people never knowing the thing existed in the first place.

13. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

...good to generate some comments... ;)

Cant help think that if Wasamin got to sing this one live on a big network....just like the first time for this song...that it might generate a nice boost to her album. This is such a good song, and sung so well by Wasamin.... and the public have shown in the past that they love it....so after a few years now, and sung by a much younger person and look....

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJm-eBAw95s[/yt]

14. polar_star

polar_star Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
    I would like to see her perform on AKB48SHOW... maybe for her next single? :cute:

15. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Her latest ..3rd...single builds on the professional singing sound she developed in this album. All the signs were there in the album, and now she has consolidated all the lessons, technique and innate ability into her single.

This is very encouraging, that she still shows capacity to reach to higher levels

16. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    In yesterday's Anta, Dare? Wasamin collaborated with Haachan to perform Matsuwa. As this song was originally sung by a duet, it gives you an idea of what it's like if Wasamin sing it with somebody else.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFqfQ8BCjSM[/yt]
    (Starting from 9m47s)

She also covered Miwa's 441.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOwEF3sD2JM[/yt]
    (Starting from 33s)

17. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

The duet wasn't too bad considering the little preparation they would have had. And at first I didn't like Wasamin's solo that much on first listening, but actually wasn't too bad. Not fully in her proper range though?

And to prove a point I made on her singles thread.

The main song from her album has gotten 17,500 views so far. Her 3rd single has gotten the same amount of views in just a few days...and AKB didn't provide a link to the song from her KFC cover...somebody else posted a link to it a bit later. If AKB had put in a link there would have been more hits to her single.....more exposure for Wasamin. They should be thinking of these things.

And I am finding her cover of AKB songs is very good.

I think her Heavy Rotation and KFC are better than the originals, her Flying Get is enjoyable but the original is better I think. Heavy Rotation without the PV is kinda cheesy...but in 'enka' it sounds great.

18. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    New video promoting the album
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1vLh05pVUs[/yt]

19. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ni6PgkYjOg[/yt]

20. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Kind of a bummer, but staff asked the fans who attended yesterday's Premium Karaoke Event not to write about it on the internet. Even Wasamin's G+ is eerily silent :(