1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Iwata Karen 16th Birthday Project

Discussion in 'Finished Projects' started by YoonAddict, Mar 13, 2014.

1. YoonAddict

YoonAddict Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    YoonAddicting
    Hello everybody!

The time has come (soon) for Iwata Karen’s birthday!

For this we will be making a scrapbook for her which we will ship so it (hopefully) arrives before her birthday so she can receive it on her birthday.

For her scrapbook we will be accepting messages (small as well as long ones), pictures/drawings (fanart) etc.

For your message you have to submit it in English preferably (Japanese, Finnish, Swedish or German can also be an option). You can scan in your handwritten message/hand-drawn drawing.

Please include your country and your name so we can show her that she got fans from everywhere on our mother earth! (Real name please, if you met Karen at a handshake event you wouldn’t tell her your online nickname, would you? :D )
    Send ALL entries to iwatakarenbd2014@gmail.com
    The absolute deadline will be April 2nd, exactly 3 weeks from this date.

THE DEADLINE HAVE PASSED

The scrapbook will be created on http://www.blurb.com.

We are looking forward to your submissons!

------

Feel free to share this topic anywhere you think there might be a Karen fan hiding!

------

We are looking for translators. If you are interested please send an email to the said email with [Translator] in the subject line.
    -----

The team: YoonAddict (Design and shipping), Kuura (translating).

------
    P.S. As the official rules state, please do not include any ways for Karen to contact you online. If you do, it will be removed.

------
    Previews can be found in this post: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7356&p=825214#p825214

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  2. wingroad

wingroad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    At last, project for our lovely Karen-chan~~!! \(^A^)/

I will make sure this message could be delivered to Indonesian Karen-oshi !!

Yosh~~!! This gonna be a busy project ! :)

3. julianie

julianie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanikawahijiri
    I will join this project :inlove:

4. gie pepe

gie pepe Kenkyuusei

i will participate to this event,, :)
    it will be great event :inlove:

5. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Will have a message to send in by the end of this week. Karen needs to know that she has fans from all over. Come on folks, even a few small kind words will be greatly appreciated.

Quick question for clarification. If I submit a message in English, will it be translated to Japanese for the scrapbook?

6. YoonAddict

YoonAddict Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    YoonAddicting
    Yes it will, depending on amount of submissions we get we will also post the original submission.
    I guess you can ask to keep your message in English, but I all think we know how bad her English is.. [hehe]

http://krunchie.tumblr.com/post/62862062985

7. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Actually would prefer it be translated. Just was making sure. :) I do want her to be able to read my message. :hehe: Thanks for putting this project together on such short notice. Hoping it all goes painlessly for you folks. [clap]

8. always

always Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    definitely participating, thanks for doing this! do the messages have a character or word limit?

9. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    So far the longest messages (in English) have been around 130-160 words long. Since we don't yet have a flood of contributions, I guess there isn't a precise limit - there's lot of room for more messages. :)

10. YoonAddict

YoonAddict Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    YoonAddicting
    So far we have filled 3 pages with messages and on those pages there is quite a bit of pictures as well. So as long as your message don't fill more than an A4 paper you should be fine ^^ (That is the size of a page in the book)

11. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    Just sent my message; I think kinda extended a bit, but since I missed more birthday projects, I want to do an extra effort (plus Karen deserves it).

12. SunnySK42

SunnySK42 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    otakiyuria
    Twitter:
    sunnyside_42
    I want to send something, and I'm hoping that by posting this I'll hold myself to that and not forget! You said that English is preferred, but would Japanese be better? Also would you prefer handwritten and scanned or just a typed message? My handwriting is kind of awful but I could do my best if that's what most people are doing.

Thanks for doing this, I'm sure that Karen appreciates the support!

13. YoonAddict

YoonAddict Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    YoonAddicting
    We have received it! Will be put in later when we have it translated into Japanese :)

I wouldn't necessarily say Japanese is better, but they are just as good!
    We haven't received any handwritten messages yet, but if you want to do so, you are more than welcome! Though, if you write it in English it would be nice if you included a typed message so we could translate it as well. :)

So far we have received 6 messages and I know we will be getting quite a few more! Thank you everybody for taking your time to send these very nice messages for Karen!

14. YoonAddict

YoonAddict Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    YoonAddicting
    So as I promised in the Karen thread a few days ago, here is some previews in the spoiler.

^ This is the first page when she opens the book, all of our greetings will be after this page.

^ This is how the message pages will look.

As of right now I haven't begun on the front and back since I can't do that until we know how many pages the book will be. But what I got in mind is some pictures of Karen cosplaying together with some text that reads "Happy 15th Brithday Iwata Karen!"

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      379.6 KB
      Views:
    • 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      414.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      631.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      469.3 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      369.6 KB
      Views:
  15. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    I have sent my message finally!

I wonder if I did it right...... :^^;:

16. YoonAddict

YoonAddict Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    YoonAddicting
    We got it, so you did something right! ;)

17. MuhdNurHidayat

MuhdNurHidayat Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    mnh48com
    I wonder how she will read Malaysian "real" name, especially Malay's name if anyone from Malaysia submits it... (I'm Malaysian but still thinking)

This is because Malaysian names have weird spellings sometimes and non-Malaysian usually don't know how to read.
    I guess we need to include furigana above the Malay names if we submit??? [wonder]

Tell me how she will be read :hehe:
    Anyway, the one in bracket is the way to pronounce it
    The name spelling shown before bracket is same as identification card (ID) for some peoples (actually majority):
    - Abd (Malay standard: Abdul / English: Ub Dool / Japanese: アブドゥル)
    - Nur (It's already standard Malay / English: Noor / Japanese ヌール)
    - B (Malay standard: Bin / English: Bein / Japanese: ベイン)
    - Bt (Malay standard: Binti / English: Beintee / Japanese: ベインティ)
    - Muhd (Malay standard: Muhammad / English: Muhammad / Japanese: ムハンマド)
    - Nik (It's already standard Malay / English: Nick / Japanese: ニック)
    - Ngah (It's already standard Malay / English: ŋah / Japanese: ???)
    - S (It's already standard Malay / English: As / Japanese: エス)
    - Syed (It's already standard Malay / English: Shade / Japanese: シェード)

Will they need to be convert into "standard Malay" or "English"? But if convert it will not same as names on ID anymore...and some conversion is weird.... :fp:

Some names are pronounced with P even though spelled F in new spellings, there are also old spellings P still in use (because F does not exist in old Malay and replaced by P at those times, that's why "France" in Malay is "Perancis", some names like "Firdaus" is called "Pedaus" because "ir" is voiced "eh")

How about names ended with an h?? The h is not pronounced at most of time... Will the h need to be dropped? (eg. Shah -> Sha, Hajah -> Haja, Aminah -> Amina)

Do we need to put an K if real name ended with strong voice? In Japanese, "little tsu" can be used (like ギュ) but there is no English letter for that, Malay uses ' sign...

Luckily our names don't have "ny" sound... [hehe] it only used in normal words like "nyaring" (ɲäréŋ) and "banyak" (bäɲäʔ)
    Anyway, Malay is more complicated actually: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malay_alphabet

18. YoonAddict

YoonAddict Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    YoonAddicting
    Haha, didn't think about that ^^'

When the messages gets translated it will be written in Katakana, so when sending it, please write it in Roman letters! ;)

My name for example, Jonas, will be turned into Jonasu (ジョナス) since there isn't any way to just say "s" in Japanese.

19. MuhdNurHidayat

MuhdNurHidayat Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    mnh48com
    Oh ya... it will be changed into katakana... so can we provide the katakana alongside with the roman letters? because online/software converting can't work well for Malay names .. (our names are not in the database, seriously)

That's to avoid the katakana ver. of reading becomes too far from original reading... [hehe]
    Example: Malay name "Nadeera" might be written as ナデエラ if convert using software/online (or by checking "katakana reading list" and select one-by-one) but it's actually ナディーラ
    Another: Syukur (read as Shukor) might be written as シュクル but it's actually シュコル
    If anyone states that they came from Malaysia and the name is weird, you can ask me... :D
    I know the real pronunciation of all Malay names, plus some Malaysian-born Chinese names...
    But if they provide a short three-word name like "Teoh Eng Seng" or "two word" like "Angie Teoh" then you can safely use the program/your usual ways to convert the names into katakana... They are Malaysian-born Chinese peoples
    Note that English spelling can't be used for Malay names...

But I can't help for Indonesian names.. [think]
    their name is different system, and Indonesian language itself is different quite lot from Malaysian even though both based on "old Malay"... even Madagascar language also originated from old classical Malay but we couldn't understand them at all... :hmm: differences between Indonesian and Malaysian is like differences of Japanese and Chinese... :XD:

20. YoonAddict

YoonAddict Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    YoonAddicting
    You are more than welcome to include your Katakana name if you are so sure we can't translate them properly!

If we need help at some point I will reach out to you, thank you!