1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Iwata Karen (Karen) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. Mushi

Mushi Kenkyuusei

Re: Iwata Karen / Team 4

I like it. Would be nice if there was a larger size.

Thank you luckyone for the translation. I had seen that post of hers and tried reading with google translate. I was able to get that she had gone back to a disaster area but none of the details.

Tanochan posted a cute video on G+ the other day with Karen. Funny girl.
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/11594028590 ... QvwT18b3Pj

And for those who haven't seen the 120326 LOD, Karen does the opening song, Romance kakurenbo.

2. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Erm what, isn't she an official team member now? Why is she still performing Kenkyusei songs. Can't wait to watch a complete Team 4 performance!

3. Mushi

Mushi Kenkyuusei

No idea. Renacchi and Tanochan were both in that one. Can't say for others because I still don't know the other girls well enough to pick them out.

I just finally figured out what a "stage" actually is yesterday. [worried]

4. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka

You can tell that she's different from the rest. While Kawaei and Juri are out and about doing hilarious things on Ariyoshi (As a result of the staff's pushing), Karen has the eyes of someone like Takamina. Someone with a dream. She is dead set on becoming a solo artist like Sayanee, Takamina or Yuttan, and it shows in her performance.

I think all of them being promoted really balance out Team 4, which is basically being carried by Shimada Haruka.

5. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Oh now that you mention it I do see the similarities between Karen and Takamina. I can imagine her being the new leader of AKB48. Personally, Karen does nothing for me though. She's just like Seohyun from SNSD imho (and they kinda do look alike), they don't have very expressive eyes lol and it's a little boring to watch even though she's a good singer and dancer.

6. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik

Acchan is going to graduate, so another 14yo has to be selected for coming six years.

7. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd

Thanks for this. that was a very touching read.

Yeah, this is terrible, Team 4 members still perform as subs for the other three teams, but having a Team 4 member as a Zenza girl is just all kinds of wrong :cry:

8. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin

Can't thank you enough for the translation! A very touching story indeed. Although it almost breaks my heart everytime I read about it, I'm still curious to know more about what exactly happened with her in those days. We might hear more about her story in the interview with her that's included in the documentary boxset. Her goal of bringing back smiles to her hometown is beautiful <3

I don't know about her in ariyoshi because I haven't seen close to all episodes with her and other 12th gen but from the videos some of her 12th gen buddies posted on google+ I think she's quite an adorkable clown herself but I agree that there's a certain confidence and determination in her eyes that's not commonly found in 13 year old girls. Maybe it has something to do with what happened a year ago.

And yeah let's hope it was the last time she performed as a zenza girl cause that really stings.

9. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka

Ariyoshi personally is a big fan of Kawaei and Juri (He always asks them questions or pokes fun at them and ignores the rest), but the Ariyoshi staff does push Karen as well, as she appeared on the Monster Episode and played a werewolf. But you always see Kawaei and Juri get all the big roles (Gyoza Kenpo, Body Switches, etc), but that's okay, because Karen is good regardless.

10. Mushi

Mushi Kenkyuusei

A post from Karen at G+ today.
    https://plus.google.com/104469157599705 ... sxMcRADCRE

The first line translated from Google as "Iwata is addicted to porridge recently."

I don't know why, but that made me laugh... I'm still laughing. :lol:

Nice picture, too.

I'm really curious to see what kind of character she's voicing in the anime.

11. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin

You were right. The 5th girl is Acchan so it's pretty cool she was included in this.

About her being pushed as a future front girl, I try not to get carried away too much cause she has a lot of room for improvement in a lot of areas. But this is pretty exciting(thanks to Aza from ebi). I'll take it with a grain of salt though.

Haha for some reason it is funny don't know why. She needs her porridge for all the hard work I guess.

I remember reading a character description somewhere but I forgot where. I think her character was laid back/lazy and a bit clumsy.

12. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd

Well, here's one of the things Discothèque has been hiding. Its not a .ts but that wouldn't fit into this thread. I hope that redeems me a little bit.

[​IMG]
    From the latest UTB+ with Sasshit on the front cover.

13. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin

Great Jul3 I'm sure he will be delighted with it.

I found this cm from when she was even younger [speechless]
    [vimeo]http://vimeo.com/39794326[/vimeo]

ah and she debuted in her new position in Boku no Taiyou last night, and as I expected she get's Oshima Mai's position in Himawari. Can't wait to see her in a full team 4 show now <3.

14. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    Pic above

This scan is not a "HD" image, haha. Anyone has better? :p I don't know if I'm delighted, but photo is good, indeed.

It would be nice to find whole UTB, as there should be some more pics... only one? It woudn't work.

And no younger Karen, please :fp:

15. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    Re: Pic above

Well, there are some higher quality ones in her gallery thread. And, of course, you could always purchase the mag, for example, from here, here, or here.

I put some more pics in the gallery for you, but am struggling to find any media due to the curse you put me under :cry:

Btw, we miss you on twitter

16. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik

I have some days off, so I hope to clear this last thing. You should check depot for something and kick me here, too.

As I said, whole set is even better. I need to go now, but I'll examine other photos for phone use :p
    Why no shop ships books/mags in M-bag... :hmm: It would be easier! I eat paper mentally, I'm starved nau!

17. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88

ah, she's in maimai's position of himawari now? awww I like her in Sayaka's position :hmm:

18. rini_ribbon

rini_ribbon Kenkyuusei

Kind of late, but congratulations to her for the promotion. [party]

It seems she's been trying new hairstyles lately:
    [​IMG]
    In her Google+ post, she says that it's her first time with curly hair, and that she wonders if she has become more of an adult. Don't hurry to grow up too quickly! Precious baby. ; ~ ;

In my opinion, she's adorable either way! What do you guys think?

19. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

Alright she does look great with that hair style. Nice, Karen. Was looking for some image change. [clap]

20. Mushi

Mushi Kenkyuusei

This girl makes me laugh so much.

She posted a picture of her meal...

And then later on...

Pretty, talented, and funny. How can you not love her?

Attached Files: