1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Iwata Karen (Karen) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    It's since you were talking about "a person that we're dealing with", making it sound as if that's related to the forum's members in any way or that it's something they have to do something about.

I wasn't suggesting that people are trying to make him seem like even more of a creep or whatnot (although that is very much happening), but the fact that people are - as is the nature in forums - talking themselves into a frenzy over it and making way more of a problem out of it than it is. It's distorting the actual importance of it and it warps peoples' minds. The more it's talked about, the more abstract and "dangerous" this whole anecdote becomes. The guy is a mouse, not an elephant. But as someone who's used to 2ch and forums in general, you'll be familiar with that.

Hehe, I'm not paranoid. It's not about that, but knowing what's what. Information is important, more so are facts. Any statement involving what he did and what Karen did in return is going to be entirely subjective by default, because we weren't inside the booth with the two. We all depend on either what he himself tells us or what people are saying.

As admin of the forum, I have a responsibility for the information that's being presented on here and the direction that discussions go. So whenever I get the impression that members are getting carried away getting angry over handed-down rumours that were possibly inadequately translated on whatever site they saw it on, I step in. There's only so much for them to go on, so a little perspective helps.

No worries, I have a healthy outlook on how 2ch works. I use it myself every day. What I'm pointing out (not to you in particular) is that it's important to know how to read it. And many members of the forum / people new to the Japanese language, won't know about that, the nature of 2ch as a whole and what kind of information can actually be sold as proper, quotable "news".

Trust me, I have no issues whatsoever with the topic being discussed here, but whether it has any relevance is another story. As for second-hand (or first-hand) reports, I wrote about this person a few posts above so I thought people would draw their conclusions from that. I know him well enough.

2. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    [​IMG]

Karen's outfit at today's event! I really like her skirt, would like to buy a similar one. :)

3. Malachite

Malachite Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire
    In summary, all I did here was post information relevant to a topic that was being discussed. It derives relevancy from being about something that happened to the girl from whose name this topic is derived. I assumed that discussing things that happen to Iwata Karen were okay to post about in the Iwata Karen thread. I cannot prove that everything I've read and crossposted from 2ch and elsewhere is true but at the same time I'm applying Occam's razor and assuming that no one has any reason to spread lies about this incident that aren't going to either hurt anyone or glorify the poster in any way. Again though, no one is saying it's all certainly true, but at the same time all the posts on this forum and all others should be held to no less of a standard.

In the end though, all that I was hoping to do here was discuss this incident and other things that have and will happen to Karen in general with other people but your posts have made me feel a little bit like I'll have to provide sources as I would in a thesis if I'm not going to be accused of having a personal issue or, even worse, warping people's minds. No offence intended, but there's a few reasons I tend not to post on Western forums much and the fact that the first reply to me translating and posting information from Japanese boards was the wagging finger of an admin has reminded me of why my posts are so infrequent. I just wanted to discuss idols, man. You know, the cute girls who dance and do cute things. I don't want to warp minds or be accused of warping minds. That's no fun at all.

4. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48
    I hope girls crying at handshake events are isolated incidents and are dealt with by on site personnel.

Not like most of us can do anything about it, us being overseas and all.

But we're at least allowed to condemn those kinds of incidents, right?

5. oatmeal

oatmeal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    From that picture he looks quite decent really. Just the average kind of guy.

Although his behaviour was clearly unwanted, this is probably the case of a wota taking things just over the line. These cases are actually useful to learn from as in how far to take your own wotaing.

Karen might have been shaken, but I'm sure she'll be able to learn from this and tell management sooner if someone is crossing the line in their adoration. Don't forget she's only 15.

[​IMG]

On her G+ Yui commented that Karen is very calm and not much like Ryouka. Could've fooled me if you see her variety presence lately [hehe] It seems she's really developing a thing for that and the AKBingo staff is picking up on it. Giving her plenty of screentime.

6. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Yes agree fully. Should be able to discuss most things on the thread.

Because something is posted (unless entirely gross or deliberately defamatory) doesn't mean the poster agrees with it... but thinks it is an issue in the wider non S48 world that might be worth discussing.

Ignoring everything else outside s48 in order to be just plain flag-wavers would make the place sterile and uniformed. After all the fan/idol/agent/AKB management/media world can get pretty complex sometimes...not just plain sailing.

7. Kuura

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    (Photo from Google+)

[​IMG]

Here's our self-titled 'pound cake goddess' measuring butter for her creation [hehe]

8. Kuura

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    This week's 'Konya wa kaeranai':

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPRFA3PhZxk[/yt]

They were celebrating Tomu's birthday on the show, but before she got eat the cake, she had to give three correct answer to questions presented by Karen and Miyu (otherwise those two would get the whole cake to themselves). The theme for the questions was 'If it's Muto Tomu, she can answer these for sure: The Tom Quiz of the World'. :D Karen and Miyu asked questions about Tom Hanks (to hich cartoon character did he give his voice), Tom Cruise (how old is he), Tom & Jerry (what is the common trait for Tomu and Tom) and tom yam kung (what is the meaning of the Thai word 'tom' in the name). Tomu got three questions right, so she got to eat the cake! [party]

9. Kuura

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Karen Jäger's appearance on Anta Dare two weeks ago:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPi0HAeDLQ0[/yt]

Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4
    Part 5

10. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Wen was there on that day, the only Singaporean in the audience. [clap]

[​IMG]

11. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Considering the red scarf, Karen Ackermann would be more appropriate ;)

12. Kuura

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    That's true ;) It could be that Karen thought that 'Karen Jäger' (Eren -> Karen :D ) would rhyme better than 'Karen Ackermann', which is probably why she introduced herself in the video above as Jäger.

13. Kuura

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    This week's 'Konya wa kaeranai':

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi3dv0tfXGs[/yt]

At first they did a short, fan-submitted skit with the character "Munasshii". Then Miyu talked about her interest in photography and gave the other two some photography homework (to take stylish photos before the next broadcast). At the end they answered some fan questions (their dream careers in the case they weren't idols, their favourite nabe dishes).

14. namme90

namme90 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    nammekun
    Ohh! Interesting! She cosplayed Mikasa lol! But her name's Karen Jager? :XD: So that's why she's been saying Jager on theater. :^^;:

15. Kuura

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    These were posted to the Team A Waiting Stage thread during the last few days.

Karen centering Tsundere (posted by cubozoa)...
    [dm]x184emt[/dm]

...and Heart Ereki (posted by YoonAddict)
    [dm]x184dnz[/dm]

She looked so cool in Tsundere with those glasses! I liked her voice in both songs, although it was a bit shaky in some parts during Heart Ereki - guess the effect of nervousness or the part being new to her? Somehow Heart Ereki made me so proud of her - she got to be the center of the newest released single, even if only in the theater. Keep shining, Karen :inlove:

16. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

She should be having a miniature Kirara on her shoulder whenever she gets to be Center. [hehe]

17. chaostk

chaostk Kenkyuusei

Ah, loved her in those two performances. I really hope she get more good chances like that.

Maybe because she ship the two together and hope for Mikasa to become Mikasa Jager on the future? XD

18. Kuura

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    This weeks Konya wa kaeranai:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC2zRQGYw6M[/yt]

It began with Karen's hilarious rendition of 'Jingle Bells'. :hehe:

After that they acted out a fan-submitted skit: Tomu asked about everyone's wishes for their Christmas gifts. Karen replied that her father has been stingy lately and won't give her anything good, and the following conversation ensued:

Tomu: "No, I'm not talking about your father, but Santa-san."
    Karen: "Stupid Tomu!"
    *Tomu gives Karen a slap*
    Karen: "Ouch!"
    Tomu: "Stop living in a dream and grow up!"
    Karen: "Not even my father hit me!"

I see what you did there, Karen. [hehe]

And Miyupon subbed in for Miyu as the third host!

19. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

20. YoonAddict

YoonAddict Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    YoonAddicting
    I really hope Karen feels better on Tuesday for the Kouhaku Utagassen :( :(

Lonely Avocado subbed the episode of AKBINGO where Karen "won" the position as the next Takahashi Minami!

Watch the AKBINGO here!