1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZ*ONE 1st Japanese Album [Twelve] (2020/10/21)

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by lionel90, Aug 24, 2020.

1. hichu

hichu Kenkyuusei

if the video does not show watch the video here
    :banana:

• Like Like x 1
  2. terpcity1999

terpcity1999 Kenkyuusei

Better audio certainly helps it. Beware jumps over BA and Vampire for me. Think I still put StI as #1, but it's early.

3. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

What a cute MV <3
    I want to watch it over and over, there is so much going on! The choreo looks nice and playful, I'm looking forward to the dance practice~
    I also like how they start the MV with Nako as the protagonist. I would have expected other members, e.g. Chaewon who ends the the MV. It feels more fair that way?

My only problem left now, is still the song ... mainly the bridge and the refrain, the verses are not the problem. I hoped that I would like it while watching the MV, but no. The melody and tone is really not my cup of tea Q_Q

4. Bee

Bee Kenkyuusei

As expected, the mixing is the problem :(

By the way, someone re-worked Vampire, this is how Vampire should've been.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Lookman

Lookman Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lckmnzans
    Anyway radio version

6. Bee

Bee Kenkyuusei

I think this proves that JP IZ*ONE releases are better placed in Korean hands. First Love Bubble and now this.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lookman

Lookman Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lckmnzans
    How did you know that this song is produced by korean?
    Anyway, did they say WIZ*ONE in that song ?

8. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    The song is okay, but I'm part of the few one's who prefer Buenos Aires over this song. They definitely tried to save the song by making a really cute video and it seems it worked since most of the people loved it despite not liking the song.

Personally speaking, I would have preferred that either they kept the positions from what was going to be the 4th single or to re-record the song to make a line distribution that let the members to show their vocal abilities. It feels like they try to compensate this last by placing all the girls in the "center" in the chorus.

Now what I wonder it's they'll be invited to remotely perform Beware for Mste.

9. hichu

hichu Kenkyuusei

Had a feeling this would be the best song [that isn't a remake of korean discog].

10. Bee

Bee Kenkyuusei

They did say WIZ*ONE and if I’m not mistaken Detune3 is a Korean composer and arranger and has a Soundcloud.

11. mikia

mikia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna

Beware 4K version for those who need it.
    Also Fiesta 4K

12. Minowa Natsuki

Minowa Natsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    After several listens, I can say I love Beware! or even addicted to it lol

It is undeniably a cute song, but in terms of their MV production, I feel like this is something that they have never done before? I love how every member shines here and everyone has improved their japanese pronounciation!!

This song, imo is up there with suki to iwasetai <3

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  13. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Yummy Summer wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, based on the album medley.

I still can't warm up to Beware... Yuri's high note at the end feels so forced in, it doesn't fit in at all (in my opinion, anyway). I was positively surprised by Yummy Summer though, I thought I'd really not like it. I'm still looking forward to Dousureba Ii? because that was my favourite during the medley, so I've got hopes the album won't just feel meh to me after all.

My personal ranking for their Japanese a-sides hasn't changed much (BA > Sukito > Vampire > Beware).

• Like Like x 1
  14. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Well, considering that Japanese albums don't sell this much usually. I think that's a very high number for a 12 member group.

===========================

After listening to all the songs, I have to say that my favorite original song (excluding Yummy summwe) is Shy Boy, I think that's the best song among the originals. I think that was going to be duo song in every Japanese single. And I wonder if that duo was going to be Nano and Hyewon.
    Waiting is not a bad song, actually is better than Beware, it seems this song was also recorded when this release was going to originally be the 4th single. The all member, B-side.
    I didn't like that much Dousurebaii but I think that it was going to get a good video to complement, I think this was going to be a 6 member unit song.
    Yummy Summer is a great song and since it's not the Japanese production team I guess it's the only original song from this album that will be performed in concerts.
    Nothing to say about the other songs.
    8/10 is good for this album.

17. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  18. bluefalcon347

bluefalcon347 Kenkyuusei

This is actually the highest first day album sales a kpop girl group has had in Japan.

1. #IZONE <Twelve> 124,178
    2. #TWICE <#TWICE2> 95,825
    3. #TWICE <BDZ> 89,721
    4. #TWICE <&TWICE> 80,563
    5. #GirlsGeneration <Girls’ Generation> 73,583
    https://twitter.com/koreansales_twt/status/1318839715014070274

Keep in mind, albums are more expensive then singles, so they're compared in separate categories. Obviously single sales will likely be higher then album sales are. Izone is the only one to have hit 100k album sales during the first day.

19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90