1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    EEqjICjWsAI0QFI.jpeg EEqjICKX4AEo30p.jpeg EEqjIGiX4AAJsyP.jpeg EEqjIMWWkAAhmua.jpeg

Here are some more nylon shots

• Like Like x 9
  2. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  3. welp

welp Next Girls

The rumor that they had filmed the mv for korean comeback before M Sta likely was false. Some members have changed their hairstyle again. Hyewon gets bang. Yujin gets blue highlight. Yuri goes blonde.

Here is translated Sakura's interview from One Day.
    Here is Eunbi.

4. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

IZ * ONE “Vampire” Normal Edition Bonus Video “Our Time” Teaser Release

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  5. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  6. welp

welp Next Girls

World Get You 20190519 Eng subbed

if the video does not show watch the video here

Some members have fancy hair colors now. Nako is pale purple, Yena is pinkish purple, Yujin is blue, Hitomi is pink.

7. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  8. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    RIP to some of the members scalp. I read Nako had to bleach her hair SIX times in order to get that color.

9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    6 time! :eek: that's crazy :yikes:

10. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    nako's hair is purple now,she said she didn't get to decided it herself lol

11. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    It always makes me cringe to think how much these kPop idols are absolutely murdering their hair with the constant color changes. I don't really get why they need to change it so much. Doesn't it help new fans get to know you if you have a more consistent hairstyle for a while?

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. nundi

nundi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Don’t worry, they won’t get bald or anything, kpop idols have really good hair treatments unlike us normal civilians lol if we do that we’ll go bald for sure but they’re safe, just for example SNSD’s Hyoyeon has been blonde for YEARS and she still has hair Lol

13. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    maybe it's the old jpop fan in me (loved that Morning Musume's Michishige Sayumi almost never changed that much or dyed her hair in her MM career) but I've also never been a fan of all these insane colors they do in kpop... I hope it's got something to do with the concept of the comeback at least.

14. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    It’s been the aesthetic for years. Getting a new & drastic look, from the dyed hair to the contact lenses. Jpop usually has always been for more natural side, while Kpop usually is towards the drasticness

The only types of groups that rarely hair dye are innocent groups like Gfriend or Lovelyz

15. welp

welp Next Girls

But, K-pop, Korea in general, never been about individuality but the group, the collective society.

They won't turn bald cause they are women but, they can risk breaking hair. Chaeyeon was light brown at the debut and, seeing her hair, Twice's Mina commented she might have to cut her hair short if it kept being bleached. Most idols' hair of blonde or any fancy color is frizzle and dry without hairspray.

The mv will be in pastel colors it seems. https://twitter.com/minjuiced/status/1175957271269888000?s=21

Personally, I'm fine with fancier hair color unless it's vivid but, I've never thought it's worth to trade hair health and time with.

Have you noticed K-pop idols bleach their eyebrows too?

16. nundi

nundi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Even if you dont bleach your hair it can get damaged, you have to take care of it really well, somehing that most of us do not do because its expensive, idols in korea go regularly to the salon, I say it because i have never dyed my hair yet i have had to cut it because it was damaged

17. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Is anyone going to the popup shop in Shibuya? They have original goods.

"This pop-up store commemorates the release of Japan 3rd single “Vampire”, which will be released on September 25, 2019. From September 20, Shibuya, Abeno, Fukuoka Tenjin Core, and Kagoshima from September 23. Opened in a special wagon. Original goods limited to pop-up stores are also on sale."

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 9.14.29 PM.png

http://www.billboard-japan.com/d_news/detail/80329/2

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    I think K-Pop are doing the anime/manga look much better than the Japanese. Their preferred body style and styling is very very anime-like. Slender figures, long legged, short shorts and short skirts, light-skinned, crazy-coloured hairstyle, coloured eyes with the help of contact lenses, and very particular definition of a beautiful face (just like the typical V-shaped, big-eyed, well-defined and contoured bishoujo bishounen face). I know this preference of beauty is not only for Korean, alas most East/South East Asian loves this look. The way I see it, the K-Pop industry is literally living the fantasy-like anime look concept to the max.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    i think the plastic surgery also help even just for double eyelid. the perfect teeth, eyes, nose and great makeup skill from pro did make them come out from anime.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. welp

welp Next Girls

Minju's interview in One Day photobook, Eng tran
    Wonyoung's interview in One Day photobook, Eng tran

I have no friend who have experienced breaking hair albeit split ends, fly-aways. To be fair, we, commoners, don't use iron curler or straightener on daily basis like idols.

Wonyoung especially looks alike CG character with her body. It looks like her proportion is 7.5 heads and her legs take more than half of her overall height. Wonyoung and Yujin likely are less than 2 cm different but, Wonyoung looks taller than her actual height due to her proportion.

The Korean boosts its height with diet. If I remember correctly, the average height difference between the North Korean and the South Korean is about 5 cm.

It's said K-pop wasn't as into V-shaped jaw (i.e, idols are forced to undergo jaw surgery no more). Good for them.

Most SE Asians prefer sharper white Caucasoid-ish looks, Japaneses alike. This also means SE Asians and Japaneses are more tolerant to angular jawline as it is a common trait of the Caucasian. We prefer white model kinda look rather than anime character one.

Lol. Don't say as if J-pop idols don't. Statistically, over 60% of Japaneses have single eyelids/small eyes. It's naturally impossible that almost all of 48 and 46 girls have big eyes.

• Dislike Dislike x 2