1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    I think many people are upset already by now. I mean, people's money from texting was involved in that final episodes, so it will be very distasteful if Mnet disregarded the actual voting results. And I'm quite sure many of those people who texted are Izone's current fans. Imagine what they would feel if Mnet indeed rigged the results the fans had been paying to get, so I see some fans walk away if it is proven.

2. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think after the PD48 finale a year ago, a lot of PD48 fans were already convinced that there was cheating because of the "convenient" and maybe slightly improbable results. And also because mnet faves got in and those that might not have fit the concept somehow got eliminated. But most people got over it and I'm not sure things will change (at least for fans) now that there's more proof of what many people were already convinced of back then. And really if you like someone in the group, you're probably not going to walk away because of some righteous notion -- probably blame the company but it's hard to walk away from something you like and enjoy imo.

And you can only text once which costs about 10 cents. All the other votes were free. Hardly an investment to get upset over right?

3. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    You never know when real money is involved.
    It may look little for an individual, but for those who used multiple phones / sim cards, it becomes significant (you know, small + small + small + small ...)
    And in the end, it's how this money is used.
    Imagine if 1 tiny vote was enough for one of the eliminated girl to join the line up ? and we learn Mnet gave the vote to one of the winner instead.
    I'd understand if some fans get upset because of this.

It's confidence abuse.

Anyway, Mnet might fear more the sponsors / media reaction than the fans.

4. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Enough is enough folks, what's with all these crappy conversations :fp:who deserved ? kaeun? chowon? juri? miyu?, then convince us why these peoples votes also didn't fabricated, due to talents? cut that crap, so what if we votes because visuals or their personality? will it make sense to you that there's other contestant votes higher than them too? it could be anybody's, not just by the current members of izone, @JPN48 if you quite sure many of those people who texted are Izone's current fans, isn't it funny because no one forcing them becoming fans of the current izone members, so why should they be upset? did someone forcing them to spends money and time for izone till now? they do it by themselves, and they abandon the trainees that they voted before, let's wait their next korean cb and see if the current wizone are upset or not with izone, we expecting the sales should be as same as a nugu idol, 20/30k sales should be enough as a flop nugu

you don't like izone members, your heart changed , leave them, as easy as you join in as their fans, there's no chains, no fences, it won't kill you, it depends on us whether we stay as wizone or not:|

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    IZ*ONE's future activities might be affected though.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    I'm not sure if you get my points:
    - Who deserved? The real top 12. If the current members are proven to be the actual voting results, then they all deserve to be in there.
    - You know, it is a very different feeling to know when (1) you voted for a contestant and that contestant actually failed to make top 12; and when (2) that contestant you have voted for actually WAS in the top 12, but Mnet put somebody else in her rightful place.
    - I don't know if that last sentence was targeted to me, but I don't consider myself an Izone fan, I'm following them because certains members are inside the group.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think it was discussed back in the PD48 thread that it's hard to own multiple phone lines in korea because you have to register to get one. So maybe 1 personal and 1 for business? But even 50 lines or $5 of text is hardly anything to get upset about so this notion about getting upset because you spent money texting is a bit far-fetched. And likely the fans of those eliminated trainees did not become fans of Izone. As for Izone fans, maybe some will get upset but I think it's more likely that they will get upset at mnet and even feel sorry for the girls since it's not their fault. So I think it's not likely that fans are going to leave in large numbers.

The sponsorship though is more of a concern but also less of a concern as Izone is already established. It's more of an issue for X1 who have much less sponsors as they are only starting and for the next Produce 101. Also, this investigation will likely take a long time especially if it goes to trial. And the company's expected to do a lot of PR work to lessen the impact.

8. HappySakuraHappy

HappySakuraHappy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    The more I read into this, the more I see the real issue & it’s not “who deserved what.” They all deserve something honestly. It’s the actual numbers.

As a lot of people said, what’s been done cannot be changed without harming those already involved. I.O.I & WannaOne could have reunions screwed up, IZ*ONE & X1 could seriously lose fans and their image may be tainted.

But I think the real issue is fairness. If it was rigged and the rigging was to such an extent that all the numbers are more or less completely different, I don’t think it’d do anyone well to release the real ones. Imagine finding out you got way less votes than another girl or that you got way more and should’ve been in the group. That would really hurt.

A positive thing about this happening is that if Mnet decides to do anymore shows, they’ll (hopefully) be more careful and honest.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Lookman

Lookman Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lckmnzans
    However, I've found this thing

10. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

And obviously not just them, PD Shows, Idol School, and other shows will be affected, also more victims will be dragged,

we're not just talking about mnet or a small agency, were talking about Cj group, a South Korean conglomerate holding company that comprises numerous businesses in various industries, read their past controversies, it's larger than this, yet, they're survived and still being one of important figured company in SK, also, see the listed agency of where these idol members came from, Starship Entertainment, Woollim Entertainment, and MBK Entertainment etc, all famous agency, with so many more involved, together, they seem untouchable

also the recent news "revealed" by former contestant of pdx101 and IS about the show, kinda more funny, it states that all agency that joined know the situations, he/she said, some asking their trainees to be eliminated due to didn't agreed with terms of contract, some just want their trainees to stay on the shows for 'public exposure', and many more etc, they knew their trainees will suffer from beginning, yet they join in and sign the contract, and some even just watch their trainees being played by mnet, so what's makes them better or different than inhuman mnet itself, afraid of what could happen to themselves?, due to their own greed and fears, their own kids suffers, so what makes em suddenly have guts to firing back at mnet?

By making this conversation topics continues, you only leads people to hates and blaming izone members as if they are the guilty ones ,what do you want to prove? what do you want to happen? asking for sympathy? yes, you got one long time ago since the first episode, getting compensated money for voting? go ahead, ask cj, that's your own right, but, as if the demands will stops there as easy as that, when the final answer that lays behinds was to dissolving the group members, lol, so what if 7/12 members votes is rigged, you want those members got kicked and the "real" join to replace them, as if people will claps for them later, like izone, i bet the members choose disbandment rather than losing their group members, they achieved all together, like hell they will just sit and watch any of them being replaced, and lived a happy ending like a fairytale story, so, if not, then what? you wished the"real" one getting debut in new group? that's the first offer stated by mnet before, but i wonder if the trainees and their agency would accept that so easyly,

then, what will happen? these hard working gg and bg disbanded, the "real" contested didn't debuted, the agency suffered etc, and we can't see the ends of this drama even if mnet also abolished
    cmon, stop these ridiculous mess up conversation, it's brings negativity rather than a positive impact, i say these again, if ANY of you don't like izone members, your heart changed , leave them, as easy as you join in as their fans or just FOLLOWING THEM, there's no chains, no fences, it won't kill you, let all befall on izone and their fans, any of you can go away anytime:|

Hitomi is doing her birthday vlive, happy birthday cutie pie:blush: https://www.vlive.tv/video/153784?channelCode=C1B7AF

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I do believe that it was rigged, as most survival shows probably are, but I want to believe that the only thing they did was inflate the numbers so it would seem more impressive while still announcing the actual winners in the order of how many votes they received.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    I didn't want to drag this topic longer, but you're making it like I have said something really negative. First, I said let's hope the results come clean. Second, Nobody is blaming or bashing the current members, not the other posters and definitely not me, we were all talking about Mnet. Third, all I have been trying to say is IF the votes rigging is proven, it will more or less affect some fans. I have even mentioned in my previous post that the current members are staying for the next 1.5 years regardless.

13. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    If the votes are proved to have been rigged, Idk about how much it would affect actual fans, but it would def affect their tv appearances and popularity with the korean general public.

14. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

Thank you. Nevertheless, if you follow my argument until the first statement that I quote and I accept this statement it is basically using this statement:

As a SNSD's fan, watching them on Jinsei ga Kawaru Ippunkan no Fukaii Hanashi and Numa Ni Hamette Kiite Mita really makes me feel happy. They are really famous among women, especially among JC and JK (the same went with SNSD since they targeted specific toward women audiences).

The main reasons why women love them are:

- Their performances - their synchronicity - their formations. (the most important one)
    - How cute/ stylish they are.

to show this statement

That would actually destroy the core of their fanbase though. Since most of their fans enjoy seeing young/ little girls with no exp/ talent grow up, not admiring girls who are already good at singing/ dancing like Korean idols.

as idiotic.

First, I cannot comprehend the line of reasoning. Both are basically mutually exclusive.
    Second, it is irony given that both statement is being written by similar person.

15. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Just for curiosity, was it confirmed people could vote only once per number? As far as I remember

Totally agree, as I said before, at most some places were changed but inside the top 12.

And while I do think their Korean activities might be affected I think their Japanese activities will remain regular. TBH, I think there's no that much to talk about this topic until new information comes out.

16. GATX105

GATX105 Member

The final result is made up of 1 online vote per day for 7 days (or was it 6) from end of episode 11 and then 1 text vote in the finale where each text vote is multiplied by 7.
    I think there's little point in switching ranks around within the top 12 as other than number 1, the positions really don't matter. Inflating the vote count has impact though to show a lot of people voted but not switching the positions imo. So cheating would really have to be switching members that did not get in with those that did except for the number 1 position.

And I completely agree with your last two points.

17. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Wow @ entire of thread :eek: I thought you all discuss about that in PD48 thread

I won't say it's completely rigged, but some of girls were "pre-booked" by Mnet -but then Jurina went hiatus and Kaeun + Chowon went trolled.
    Although we knew who the "rigged" girls are, even Knetz acknowledge them for good lol:
    Untitledkjkkjkjk.png

Not really at all.
    1. BTS were popular internationally first before they got their domestic popularity -That's why now agencies, even the top one, have collaboration with American promoter so their group will have their "US Debut", even if the groups have zero domestic popularity. Yeah, basically they follow BTS path lol
    2. Currently, only few agencies who will focus on local taste. Now most of Kpop songs (for BGs) are either BTS-like (which is more like western song), EDM-like, or weird like NCT 127. Most of agencies are working with European/American producers so no wonder if the songs sounds more western-ish.
    ((... which is weird things cuz some of the producers are working with JE groups but while JE group songs still have Jpop feeling, the Kpop one is bacsically western song with Korean lyric... :rolleyes: ))

18. welp

welp Next Girls

In a related news, Lee Haein, a former contestant of Idol School and former trainee of Stone, left a long message dragging CJ ENM next to the photo of contract termination notice from CJ ENM. She said, in the last episode, the trainer came to her apologizing to her that she was eliminated 'coz the show runner (Mnet/CJ ENM) was against her.
    Reference 1
    Reference 2

If you didn't follow the show at all, what made you believe it's right to discuss against those who did?

That randomness somehow resulted repeating 29,978 gaps between Produce X' contestants. The final vote counts went as following
    [​IMG]
    #1 Kim Yohan 1,334,011 votes
    #2 Kim Wooseok 1,304,033 votes (= 1,334,011 - 29,978)
    #3 Han Seungwoo 1,079,200 votes (= 1,304,033 - 224,833)
    #4 Song Hyungjun 1,049,222 votes (= 1,079,200 - 29,978)
    #5 Jo Seungyeon 929,311 votes (= 1,049,222 - 119,911)
    #6 Son Dongpyo 824,389 votes (= 929,311 - 104,922)
    #7 Lee Hangyul 794,411 votes (= 824,389 - 29,978)
    and so on.

The possibility of such repeating is like 0.000001% or impossible. Based on these numbers, a Korean netizen figured out further that every vote points could be divided by 7494.442. For examples,
    1,334,011 (7494.442 x 178 ~ 1,334,010.68)
    1,304,033 (7494.442 x 174 ~ 1,304,032.91)
    1,079,200 (7494.442 x 144 ~ 1,079,199.65)

From this point, Korean netizen looked into Produce 48's vote result and found a similar pattern with the number 445.2178 instead of 7494.442.
    [​IMG]

Please enlighten me since when J-pop has had international impact on the scale close to K-pop?

Talking about domestic popularity, when was the last time AKB48 was capable of a single date of concert at Tokyo Dome? Black Pink has been scheduled for double dates at Kyocera Dome (Jan 4 and Jan 5) in addition to single date at Tokyo Dome (Dec 4), you know? How many singers, groups or soloists, have been capable of a concert at Tokyo Dome despite can neither sing nor dance in last 5 years?

AKS doesn't want international market but franchise sale? :rofl:Tell AKS to stop sending AKB48 oversea, to stop going to Asia Fest then. If you're to say AKB was there to promote sister groups, how could AKB do so when it had no oversea relevancy? How could your genius mind not see oversea license sale tightly linked to AKB's oversea impact?

Besides, do you know that, currently, BNK48 is the most profitable oversea sister group? Do you know how much it generated lat year? BNK48 generated ~147 million bahts of net profit in 2018. Much of that will go to investment and main shareholders' pockets (Plan B and Rose Media) and, likely, not more than 10% or ~15 millions of that (~500K USD) will go to AKS. And, BNK's profitability must have plateaued. SGO and MNL have made no profit. JKT has made a crumb. How much did AKS possibly make off these oversea sister groups last year? Less than 700K USD? How much can AKS possibly earn from all its licensees including future MUB and DEL? 3M USD yearly? What a big sum. AKS has planned to make 3M worth business to be its main focus? If you take into account those groups directly managed by AKS, Team SH and Team TP, the profitability may even be bleaker.

Fans knew she had withdrew so, she must get no vote in last few days. I'm still upset every times I recall Mnet edited out entirely the interaction between Mako and Minseo. No one had any idea they grew close to each other until Mako bid farewell.

"others had potential to make the final 12 with a good story line", Hitomi and Chaewon can't relate. Even Hitomi was puzzled why she could end up in the group and could only recall 1 story when she taught Korean trainees in her team the "Very Very Very" choreography.

From what I've read, Japanese businessmen are famous for being upright to their business ethics. Yoshimoto and AKS are close partners. I can't imagine AKS conspired with Mnet behind Yoshimoto's back.

Also, members, especially Chaewon and Yuri, will forever be associated with cheating by netizens. That's quite a serious mental strain.

More careful, yes. More honest? I highly doubt it.

Yes. It was confirmed. Did you not remember fans of contestants provided generous incentives to convince peoples to vote their faves? They needed not to provide incentives if they could easily just vote with that money.

Absolutely not.
    1. According to Wiki, BTS topped GAON's album chart for the first time with Skool Luv Affair in January 2014 while it started to be in American radar, landed itself in Billboard 200 in late 2016.
    2. Nope. Only S.M. doesn't focus on domestic taste and questionably if it's international taste or just Lee Sooman's taste. I keep seeing comments from inter fans saying NCT and SuperM's songs are hard to listen to. Even if songs are composed by European producers, Koreans pick the music that fits their tastes/give it Korean garnishes. If you have read interviews of Europeans composing K-pop songs, they all said they composed K-pop songs differently from Euro pop songs, the chord transition, the song structure etc. Also, most of these European composers have also composed J-pop songs. :whistle:

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    B/c a bunch of old dudes have different taste than women?

20. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

• Like Like x 5