1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    For now:

- In Korea, the majority of general public are still support them. Of course, there are always a minority of people who spread the hate online. And since the hate usually get more notice then the love, outsider are thinking that IZ*ONE is over in Korea.

- In Japan, as far as I know, both on TV and online news, the press seem to support them, saying that the problem is within the PD48 program, not IZ*ONE themselves. And as I can see, the majority of comments on Yahoo JP also support them.

Well, that's for now. We still don't know yet what will happen after the upcoming monday.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

EOM the movie is also postponed :fp:

3. lilwisper

lilwisper Kenkyuusei

I really dislike this punishment of the ones not involved.

4. welp

welp Next Girls

Mnet is discussing if IZ*One and X1 will be removed from MAMA's performer lineup.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/201...rth-100-million-krw-from-entertainment-labels
    According to 'Newsis', Ahn Joon Young PD began accepting bribes from entertainment agencies in regard to his 'Produce' series since January of 2018 - approximately 5 months before the premiere of 'Produce 48', and approximately 6 months after the end of 'Produce 101' season 2.

Police believe that the PD continuously received bribery in the form of drinking establishment services worth over 100 million KRW (over ~ 86,000 USD), from January of 2018 until July of this year, when 'Produce X 101' came to an end. The PD's drinking establishment services allegedly also included the presences of hostesses.

Meanwhile, police are currently considering summoning contestants from 'Produce X 101' in order to carry out additional witness questionings.

Now, since the bribe took place before the show started, I find it's hard to believe the rigging didn't start in an early round of the show.

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

No mention AT ALL about Produce 48 since their belonging to the group is a result from the show? Sure, Jan.

It’s an IF, but a very probable IF.

6. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Does anybody think AKS might be involved in the rigging?

7. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Better wait for the police report next monday.
    Since we didn't hear about investigation on the japanese side, it looks slim.
    On the other hand, there's NGT48 scandal ... still going.

8. Lookman

Lookman Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lckmnzans
    No one knows for sure.
    BUT, since the most popular one like Miyu couldn't make it to the final group. So, it is possible that AKS involved in it.
    but this is also not possible since Miyu is their "child", ofc they want that IZONE should have more than 3 JPN members

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    *If* more than 3 Japanese members finished in the top 12 but were frozen out then my guess is that AKS is a victim but surely they would have taken legal action by now? However just as with the NGT48 scandal there's probably a lot we don't know. Hopefully much more will become clear on Monday.

10. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    In the 2nd Group Singing Concert? Hell Yes.

11. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Doubt it.

Or if they are involved, then why would they let Sakura be cheated out of rank 1 (assuming Sakura really did get #1)?

Also, why would they agree to only let 3 members from 48G if the actual votes showed that there should have been more members in?

Anyway, I really feel bad for the likes of Kaeun but I think no one from the members who were cheated out of the final ranking will say yes if offered to be part of the group or a new group under MNET now. They however, should be financially compensated.

Now playing along with the thought that AKS was indeed a part of the scheme, then it's likely that only one among Sakura, Jurina, and Miru were intended to be part of the final line-up. That would explain the less screentime for Jurina back then relative to her popularity. And to some extent, her illness saved her from the humiliation/devastation of not making it to the top 12 in the finale. I'm not saying her illness wasn't real, more on, as an unexpected consequence of her illness, at least she was saved from another emotional stress.

All in all, while I'm not really a fan of Izone, but if there are no legal reasons to prevent them from promoting, I say let them promote. It would be up to the public if they will still be supported or not. Seeing their fans are still loyal to them, then it seems things are still fine.

I don't even get it why they are being "banned" in Korean TV shows right now if there are more people who don't have a problem with the group?

MNET should be forced to compensate the cheated out members though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've just come across this English-language article from the China Business Times about unsuccessful PD48 member Lee G(K)aeun with some speculation that a recent comment she posted on Instagram expresses her feelings on the subject of the vote-rigging allegations:

https://en.businesstimes.cn/article...un-meaningful-writing-bloom-without-pride.htm

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  13. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I wish they revealed the true ranking as soon as possible. After that, they should pay the compensation for whoever they shifted (Kaeun, Miyu, Chowon, whoever).

And...
    give the centre position back to Sakura who deserved it

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    LOL, typical Sakura's stand. Surprise, Pikachu.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    but but !!
    Vampire ??

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. ShaiHH

ShaiHH Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Because it's irrelevant to the future relationship between Employer and Employee?
    And as they rigged it, there is even less reason for the people who did the rigging to include that phrase. ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    i wonder what kaeun did or didnt do behind the scenes dat pissed off the pd for her to be excluded

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Not her but her agency.

19. Erbeon

Erbeon Member

Oshimen:
    Oguri Yui
    I remember, that before PD48 there were some leaks about original formula:
    1) 6 members from Japan and 6 members from Korea will debut after program in one group
    2) Koreans will vote for AKB48 Group members and Japanese for Korean trainees.

But due to some - after debut - gossips there's a big possibility that big Korean companies behind the scenes didn't want to allow their trainees to join PD48 when there were just 6 places to share between Korean producer companies. Also voting by Japanese in Japan for Korean trainees would be out of Korean control. Please remember that Japanese TV has aired PD48 in same time in Japan as it has been aired in Korea, so that was prepared before, but after all just Koreans had official possibility to vote. That's why they've changed formula of PD48 short time before show has started. Also as I remember they've announced "official rules" just one or two weeks before airing first episode.

After big announcement during Mnet Asian Music Awards in Japan in the end of 2017 that was impossible for AKS to step back from project, but in this case due to explanations above I think that AKS is victim.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

kaeun? very talented? even pledis didn't see any values on her, they let her go just like that, in the end, what can she get with her talents? she's going nowhere, and gain nothing anyway[hehe]
    so far, didn't see any other agency wants to take her in, i thought she's so talented, kpop agency is blind or she just simply overrated :fear::fear::fear:

• Dislike Dislike x 16
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1