1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    As someone who’s on other forums/SNS, Blinks are known for starting shit with other GG fandoms (especially Twice)

So I wouldn’t be surprised, they really are a toxic fandom lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I guess it really depends who you're following or interacting with. I've seen toxic people from all sides but maybe I'm just lucky to follow the right people cause I mostly only see positivity and support from people from any fandom I follow (includes AKB, Sakamichi, Blackpink, Twice, LOONA, BTS and IZ*ONE)

3. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Sad news from GDA, they excluding izone and X1 due to the controversy, after GDA talking about fairness, after GDA nominate them both:asdfgh:, the chances of izone for getting their first Bonsang will slipped away from them tomorrow, will SMA going to play dirty against both of them like GDA? 17 day to go:fp:
    https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/241/0002993685

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Omfg, could they let it go already? They should move on at this point, it’s not fair to the members

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  5. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Like other award shows, GDA is very fishy so not surprised tho :censored:

For GP prolly they moved on, but for K-entertainment industry, sadly, I doubt they could do that. Once you have bad reputation, either directly or indirectly (f.e. : agency's fault), then you will be "stamped" forever.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I agree. Damaged goods are damaged goods. I keep thinking about the college admissions scandal in the US. Even if the child didn't know that her parents were paying someone to take her SATs for her or bribing a college official, the child will forever be known as a person who got into college as a result of bribery.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. yaohne

yaohne Member

Oshimen:
    chikanorina
    I think XI and IZone are banned from public station even with the apologies of mnet. so yes the reputation of these group are very hurt

8. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I think that all of this that is happening to both groups like this last exclusion is something directed to CJ and having them making that statement that is clearly just pure words is not helping at all either. That's why I mentioned earlier that if fans want both groups to comeback they should be demanding CJ to transfer them to another agency in which CJ cannot take any profit from the groups. If things keep going like this it seems they'll do nothing until contract expires (in the case of IZ*ONE), and I still wonder if all the members and agencies are willing to keep going with the group after the statement from CJ CEO.
    BTW, does anybody know if Nako and Hii-chan are still in Japan?

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Well at least they have a chance at MAMA this year. C&J has a lot of variety programs they can appear on. And KBS seems to be good with Izone, so I expect to see them in some of their shows as well.

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. yaohne

yaohne Member

Oshimen:
    chikanorina
    the problem is that kbs is a public broadcast even if they like IZONE for the safe of law the group is saked for real so for the fan they can only see the girls in mnet variety and for sure IZONE et X1 may be affected for all major award if we don't count MAMA

11. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

At least, don't put them as nominees on any awards ceremony if these awards organizers already decided not to give the idol the award they've shoulda been winning, what GDA did last night, and today is disgusting, they're deliberately shamed izone and x1 on public by using the controversy as an official excuses for their act, they could prevent it earlier because ithe issues got busted month earlier before GDA announce their nominees and artist lineup, to save their ass, this is what they called fairness, what a jokes

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Actually KBS is the most tolerable one compared to SBS/MBC, KBS was the first public TV station who invited IOI in Whatta Man era. So, let's hope KBS will invite IZ*ONE/X1.

Actually it's not only about music shows and awards, but also CMs, variety shows and k-drama/movie. And what I mean K-entertainment industry it's not only the PDs and staff, but also those who are behind the industry -director, CEO, board of director, and the most important, investor. They would prefer to use other idols than so-called rigged group since there's thousands of idol groups in SK. Even if the PDs still want to use IZ*ONE/X1, the investor would rather to pull their ₩₩₩ from the project.

That's what I fear the most. No CM, (public tv + jtbc's) variety shows, and no drama appearance. At least there's TVN/Mnet and other cable tv like Arirang. So, let's hope KBS will be more tolerable

EDITED: Read Soompi's article about IZ*ONE and X1's exclusion ( link ) and found the interesting one:
    Which means despite CJ/Mnet apologized for their fault, K-enternatinment industry still and will see IZ*ONE and X1 as "rigged group", thus give negative vibes for the awards. Unless CJ/OTR/Swing bribe GDA like LDH and Yamaguchi-gumi bribed JRA in the past :fear:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Considering the circumstances they are in, having the oppertunity to appear on a few cable tv's is better than none. And they still have Japan.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think they need to perform "good work" (ie sell well, entertain people, show that they are accepted) first before there's a better form of acceptance. Right now other execs are probably playing it safe and keeping them locked up isn't helping. There's so much time in between announcements and figuring out what to do. Meanwhile the group is racking up expenses without being given the chance to earn something to pay that off and earn a salary from profits since there are no profits.

The k-songs and performances (by Izone) have been really good to great but there's so much crap in the kpop industry that I'm seeing which really (more than?) offsets the good things. Without the japanese releases, we only have violeta for 2019 and that kinda sucks if you think about it.

I'm ready to spend on fiesta and I don't care where the money goes! There are worse evils in the world to be overly concerned about something like this.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

what's the difference by accepting them now with accepting them later? aren't they still the same group that these peoples banned? like what GDA stated that they are 'unlawfully formed' groups, so, seems like their onwards achievements also wouldn't be counted until the day they've been disbanded, so, i can't see they'll be getting awards anymore as izone, hopefully they'll be forming new gg together again later, i want them to getting a chance to revenge at those hypocrite guys:rant:, and prove themselves once again, and knowing izone will miss their first bonsang today is making me sad and pissed off, and they might losing another bonsang awards at SMA, it's devastating sight:fp:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. yaohne

yaohne Member

Oshimen:
    chikanorina
    but japanese host are very hardcore some can give a malicious question in tv show

even if the girls sales high is likely that the brand reputation is dead yes I don't see a brand to want to be associated to a rigged group is sad because that one of the way to make money

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    IMO, you can also see this as a way to keep punishing Mnet / CJ E&M, and the agencies.
    And since it's impossible to dissociate them from the group, the girls takes some consequences.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    IZ*ONE on Numa ni Hamatte Kiitemita (ENG SUB) by IZSUBS Team

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 5
  19. Mancave

Mancave Kenkyuusei

talking about fraudulant group should be acknowledged at award show winning awards? joke. bad enough there making money while the real winners stay at home but you want them to watch their award speeches as well? ha

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    They should've not nominated them in the first place. Could it be any simpler?

• Agree Agree x 5