IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Well, Sae / Mariya aren't really the best exemples.
    Excluded from releases, theater shows, they barely could work in China etc.
    We know how things turned out.

2. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I can't remember when was the last time I post in this thread but here I go with a hypothesis. Long post by the way lol. Sorry about that.

I do think CJ has plans for IZ*ONE to become permanent, but for to make it happen CJ needs all the girls to be part of the same agency, CJ might be in conversations with all the girls to leave their agencies and become part of CJ so they can continue in IZ*ONE, at this point I'm pretty sure they and their agencies know that there's no guarantees that they'll get even half of the success on their own as they did as IZ*ONE members.
    Of course, CJ would need to pay a big amount of money to every agencie so they can release the girls, but I don't think that's a problem for CJ because they know how important are the girls, for the agencies is better to get the money and release the girls than trying to make a successful group while dealing with the Produce controversy.

I even think that CJ is in the process of persuading the girls to leave their agencies and be part of Mnet because of the opportunities some members have gotten (Minju being MC of Music Core, Eunbi being part of Psycho Rabbit, J-line composing lyrics for the songs). So CJ really wants the girls for themselves so the group can become permanent.

Although the situation is very likely to happen, there are certain issues CJ has to deal with:

1. The Japanese members: Sakura, Nako and Hitomi entered into the show that created IZ*ONE (Produce48) as members of the 48 groups and they are in hiatus which means that once the 2.5 years contract ends they'll come back to their groups. Of CJ is really trying to "buy all the girls" then that'd mean they aren't looking for a kennin position for those 3 and want them only for themselves. If you ask me I think Hitomi is the most likely to accept because there's no comparison between her career in AKB and her career in IZ*ONE. Even if she's not the most popular member, she's important to the IZ*ONE. About Sakura and Nako, I think that's where the big issue is, both of them love HKT and all the other members and wotas are waiting for their return, so I don't think they'll leave HKT just like that. If CJ can give guarantees for Kennin positions then it's perfect, but I'm not sure that's what CJ wants.

2. Japanese management and promotions: This one is not that big but it has to be considered. In Japan the only times the group has performed their songs from Japanese singles have been when they are promoting their singles by performing their A-sides in music shows and in concerts, but the other songs have been really ignored. Which made think there had been some intenal conflicts between OTR and AKS about how how to promote the group at those moments. If that's true, then if the group becomes permanent, they wouldn't be working with AKS (now Vernalossom) anymore. My only concern about it is that if they'll be able to promote in Japan as easily as they have all this time and who will keep the songs from Japanese singles.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Lookman

Lookman Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lckmnzans

if the video does not show watch the video here

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 6
  4. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I'm not trying to be biased, but the Japanese versions sound better. Sakura and Nako wrote the Japanese lyrics to the single, while Hiichan wrote both lyrics for Merry Go Round.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

The medley is already bop! If the MV also turned out to be bop, fans will bid their farewell to aki p team later, it's still too good even if they released OD as a jpnese single[hehe]

6. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Short clip of IZ*ONE members reaction to their movie

7. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Wow new album! I haven't been keeping up -- I thought the world was at a standstill (and not because of the manpasikjeok).
    Ordered 1 each plus the khino and an extra 3D -- I really like those AR photos!

Agree that the japanese version of secret story of the swan (what's the shortcut name of this song anyway) at least sounds better than the korean version.
    Keep your hair short Chaewon!

And permanent = just a couple more years. Idol groups don't really last that long anyway.
    What fan wouldn't want an extension? They're releasing great content so why stop? Or why would you want it to end.

8. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Don't mean to single out you or your post but I'm frustrated by all calls for permanent and low key superiority complex of the kpop Stans.

I hate the thought of never seeing Sakura perform with HKT48 again. And Nako+Miku just ends? Hitomi was ambassador for her prefecture and now she's a kpop waif, never to perform 47 cities again. No I want the 2.5 years to end. I love the Korean members esp. hyewon. But I think the extension or permanance only benefit s the k line. Kfans getting all worked up because IZONE albums hits 300k in a week when AKB48 kept the million streak up for years. Talking about opportunity for the jline in Koren, while in Japan Sakura had shows radio programming, Hitomi had her own local show, and radio program. Yeah they get to keep their radio shows but those are Japanese language program s that they had before PD 48. But whatever Stan kpop superior /sarcastic.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  9. mikia

mikia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Mate, as much as I do want the Jline back in Japan ASAP so many of your points are just plain wrong. Hitomi's local show or whatever is tiiiny compared to the attention they are getting now. Finance-wise the Jline should earn just as much or more than they were earning which would've been aprox. anywhere from 150k-250k yen month salary to earning direct share from their sales such as concerts and album sales. They also have their names as lyricists, so that's more money. Regarding album sales IZONE hit 300k with 12 members vs AKB's million with -I dun even know how many members AKB's got these days- and that's with guaranteed handshake slots. The Jline seem very happy in their current spots and I hope I don't have to further explain how AKB48 and IZONE respectively are perceived in Japan and Korea...

Yeah but regardless, I want disbandment next year because that was what was told. Period. The upcoming album sounds bop BTW

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    IZ*ONE CHU - Unreleased movie - Special! Complete the 12-emoji set! 200603 EP.10

• Like Like x 2
  11. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    But there have been cases in which successful groups have last for approximately 7 years. I think if there are plans for the group to become permanent, with all the members being in the same agency, it'd be for 5 years which is what kpop contracts last normally.

I have to disagree about Hitomi, she definitely is better in IZ*ONE and she definitely is being benefited with the permanence of IZ*ONE. Unlike Sakura and Nako she doesn't have a brilliant future waiting for her in AKB. I think anyone in her position would prefer to stay in IZ*ONE. And it's not that she would not cafe about AKB and Team 8 anymore. She'd just be choosing what's better for her.

======================
    But seriously, if Sakura and Nako decide to not stay in the permanent IZ*ONE then it'd be just the 10 of them? Would WIZ*ONE accept that?

12. GATX105

GATX105 Member

No worries, especially since you said your piece as an opinion.
    I think hkt isn't that much different with or without sakura and nako. And I don't know about kpop complexes but their kpop releases have been pretty good and their performances are really superior -- and it's not that kpop is better, it's that izone is a really great group.

Well it could be 5 minus the 2.5 they already have? So more like an extension. I think it's really unfortunate that they lost 3 months because of the suspension plus this year because of the pandemic so many people want to see 2.5 full years. They haven't peaked yet and it seems like they can achieve so much more -- such as becoming more known and having a world tour.

But mostly the decision is out of our hands -- I think it will mostly be decided by the girls' agencies, how much CJ is willing to spend, and whether the members (especially the jline) want to continue. So we can only wish for it or wish against it if you're a pro-48G or if you dislike the group.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    As far as I can see, a lot of people are just calling it Swan. I'm personally inclined to called it Gensou Douwa (the romaji of the Japanese title), but I assume Swan or Secret Story or something along those lines will become most common

• Like Like x 1
  14. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Although I agree with this, you have to consider that Sakura and Nako were practically forced to leave HKT (even if it's promised they'll come back), it's very likely that they even didn't know they had to leave to be part of IZ*ONE. So HKT lost 2 of their biggest names and all of the projects and plans for them were interrupted. Even if they want to be in a permanent IZ*ONE, they can't just leave HKT just like that and I don't think they feel it's okay to go back to HKT for a short period of time to later say they want to leave for IZ*ONE. They really feel attached to HKT, and I do think that's something WIZ*ONE need to understand.

But a contract extension means that the agencies would still be involved. And what I'm saying is about the girls leaving their agencies to be part of CJ, and for that they need to sign a new contract and usually those contracts are for 5 years. So that would guarantee 7 years of IZ*ONE.

Then I guess I'm in the middle point of wishing for IZ*ONE to continue while Sakura Nako and Hitomi can perform in 48 groups.
    That possibility seems to be less realistic day by day especial with this last release. The existence of a Japanese version of the tittle track, is a way to say that CJ doesn't need Vernalossom to reach the J-WIZ*ONE and promote in Japan for them. And since that will create some discord between both companies, there will no reason to keep collaborating and the J-line will have to choose between the 48 groups and IZ*ONE.

15. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    It is a really different feeling when knowing someone is gone for 2.5 years then come back and when we know someone will be gone for good. Even with Sasshi still around, Sakura and Nako are very important to HKT (Nako even ranks higher than Mikurin). For example, from HKT it's now just Mikurin is in AKB single senbatsu, how is that not much different for HKT without SakuNako. Anyway, it is the promises they have made to return after 2.5 years, so I'm fully believe that's exactly what's gonna happen.

16. Bee

Bee Kenkyuusei

What superiority complex? As both a 48 and K-POP stan, I don't see any superiority complex between most major Korean Pop stans? Most of them just comment that 48 songs aren't their niche and that's ok.

If anything, reading your post makes it seem like you have an inferiority complex. Do you not realise that an extension benefits the J-Line members as well? They clearly have succeeded worldwide and have made their names known around the world, something that is hard for most 48 members to do in general. IZ*ONE hitting 300k albums, without any real life benefits to buy the CD is huge achievement. AKB hitting 1 mil albums is nothing considering that there's an incentive to grab an album to get a handshake ticket and then you're actually trashing the album as you're not gonna keep a stash of albums in your room.

Sakura had appearances in Everyone's Kitchen, Hitomi and Nako got to gain popularity to an international audience, one who's never heard about the 48 system. All three members have developed their skills as dancers and singers and have had the opportunity to expand, Hitomi having the most to gain from this as AKS gave her scraps in terms of promotion. She was given nothing in Japan.

Best case scenario is a kennin position for all members, sorta how I.O.I operated during their unit period. Sejeong, Mina, Yeonjung and Chaeyeon went to promote in their respective groups (Gugudan, WJSN and DIA) whilst the rest of the members got to promote as I.O.I. It gives members and labels extra work and money and also allows them to properly promote in their main groups.

This latest release has Japanese tracks because I suspect they can't do anything in Japan right now because of the pandemic. This isn't a personal vendetta between CJ and Vernalossom. If I am not mistaken, they still have the rights to distribute AKB songs in Korea. Also they have contracts with Universal Music Japan to honour, so I don't think there's a relationship that needs to be salvaged between both companies.

If anything, I hope Sakura graduates or takes a hiatus after she comes back. She's done enough for us as her fans and I wish she would just take a breather and take time to herself.

• Like Like x 4
  17. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    for me what's more worrisome than either extension or disbandment is when jline specially sakura have reached a state of mind where she thinks she's done enough in the idol world, i.e. having the satisfaction of being able to experience both japanese and korean idol industry, then all of a sudden calling it quits/retiring.
    so imo, tho i prefer her to stay in japan, so long as there's some content to be consumed, the question of extension or disbandment doesn't realli matter that match

18. Bee

Bee Kenkyuusei

I wouldn't worry too much about Nako or Hitomi. Sakura though. It's been nearly 10 years since Sakura debuted, I wish for her to graduate if she feels like she's ready to graduate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    You know, "made their names known around the world" is kinda subjective.

Sure, there are people around the world that know who they are, but everyone around here knows who Ariana Grande is. If I ask them if they know IZ*ONE they'll probably answer "What?"

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

I would love an extension of their contract to make up for everything that happened since last november <3

... On the other hand I just watched IZ*One Chuu and as some people already pointed out, Hitomi's weight is worrisome. Her thighs are the same size as her lower legs, the skinny jeans are not even skinny any more. If that's the status quo and the management can't (won't?) do anything about it, an extension of the contract could mean a longer period of starving herself to whatever extent. In that case, I would rather let them disband and make her go back home, where someone might tell her to eat properly.

• Dislike Dislike x 1