1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Bee

Bee Kenkyuusei

I imagine this was more for the worldwide audience, whereas we saw in the Japanese showcase that Japanese songs would pop up there.

Was the same for Eyes on Me Seoul/International and Eyes on Me Japan where the Japan songs either replaced or substituted some songs for its Japanese counterpart and added Toshishita Boyfriend/Vampire in the end.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a Japanese online event in the near future if you ask me.

Honestly the concert was great though.

2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm sorry but performing Japanese-language IZ*ONE songs at an IZ*ONE concert is not the same as performing with HKT48/AKB48 (For the record, I find the exclusivity rule silly but still). Singing Japanese-language IZ*ONE has nothing to do with 48G. They're all original songs, partially written by IZ*ONE members, such as Merry-Go-Round (Hitomi) or Secret Story of the Swan (Nako & Sakura).

Not to mention, they will release Japanese studio versions of all of their previous singles (La Vie en Rose, Violeta, Fiesta) on their upcoming Japan album.

I don't want them to sing Heavy Rotation or Suki Suki Skip, I wanted Suki to Iwasetai, Buenos Aires or Vampire (I would have loved some of the Japanese B-sides as well but I wanted to stay realistic). Especially Vampire would have sounded soooo sick with that live band.

During their Oneiric Diary Japan Digital Showcase in July, they also performed 10 songs and only three of those were in Japanese – even though it was specifically targeted at the Japanese side of their audience. The Japanese side of the fandom gets so much less, even though they keep promoting themselves as a global group, not as a K-pop group. They're not like TWICE. Everyone knows TWICE is a Korean group, even if they have Japanese members and a Japanese discography.

I just find it a shame that even at the Japanese events, they still sing a lot of Korean songs. I.e. at the Digital Showcase 3 out of 10 songs were Japanese and at the MX Matsuri 1st Fan Meeting, 7 out of 14 songs were in Japanese (and 3 of those songs weren't even IZ*ONE songs despite the fact that Sukito was released back then). At the Eyes On Me Asia Tour in Japan, 8 out 25 songs were in Japanese.

On the whole, I enjoyed the concert. I loved the live band, the units, the costumes, the energy, everything. I didn't even ask for much – I would have been okay with just the Japanese A-sides. But this is just sad.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I'm glad this time I wasn't the one who brought up the lack of Japanese songs in the concert. Honestly, I didn't expect it at all, I mean even in the japanese showcase the were not Japanese A-sides, so why would I expect them to be in the "global event" that clearly focus in the Koop side of the group.
    Another reason for this could be that OTR wants all the money from the concert tracklist to stay in Korea, because when someone perfoms a song in concerts part of the money has to go to the lyricists, composers and any other people who participates in the production of a song. So if they only performs Korean songs then all the money stays in Korea. Because even the Japanese songs from the Digital Japanese showcase were produced by Korean people except the Japanese members of the group.
    So if this is real reason then I wouldn't be surprised about why we haven't gotten a Japanese single this year and if that's why the quality of Japanese A-sides haven't been great since Buenos Aires. And that would confirm my theory that between both companies there are not good relations.
    I'm pretty sure the upcoming Japanese album is produced entirely by OTR except in the lyrics melody of the new songs. So if it's really like that I wouldn't consider this release of the 48g side of IZ*ONE but the KPop side. And in that case I confirm my statement about Vampire being the last Japanese release. And this album would only be some filler so OTR can milk some money from j-WIZ*ONE. I bet the album is not going to have a center at all, and that means it doesn't have the same system as the singles.

4. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    It was called Oneiric Diary Showcase, so you could say they were only gonna do Oneiric Diary songs, but then again, they did some songs from BLOOM*IZ too.

The part about keeping the money with OTR makes sense, I guess

5. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Violeta and Hightlight from HEART*IZ were performed in the showcase too.
    If I were Aki-P and His team I would be upset knowing that composers of songs of other groups are getting paid from this concert while I'm not.
    I guess at this point Aki-P and Vernalossom are just waiting for this "collaboration" to end and forget about it.

6. Hipployta

Hipployta Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Buenos Aires and Vampire left alot to be desired as songs and I could see why the Korean management would ditch AkiP if they are just going to give them leftover songs.

If the members continue producing and make most of their J-album I'll combust though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    But the question is: what is the cause and what's the consequence?
    I think the low quality (i know that's subjective but most of people think the same) of Buenos Aires and Vampire is weird. It's like if somebody purposely decided to release both songs like that.
    What if OTR did something that AKS didn't like and AKS release both songs with such quality. And that lead to a hate relationship between both companies. Because I don't think AKS would have released Buenos Aires and Vampire the way they were just because they were lazy.

8. Lookman

Lookman Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lckmnzans
    Sorry, I don't know those were paid contents.
    Anyway, did you guys remember about the wife of Pledis CEO that took royalties of some of IZ*ONE's songs ? I think that is the reason why aki-p (probably) has a bad relationship with the korean company.

9. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  10. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Well, this Project was supposed to be a collaboration since the creation of PD48 between the Produce 101 franchise and AKB48. One expects that by using the word "collaboration" both parties would get a similar amount of participation and influence in the group. So it's not overestimating but it's what's expected.

And I don't know if I'm the only one but I was expecting more from IZ*ONE for Japan, like more tv appearances, maybe some participation in a drama, even more collaborations with AKB48 or Sakamichi groups, but they remains just as a Kpop group that releases music for its Japanese fans.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Can you upload it on the album thread too, please?

==========================

The girls are gorgeous as always. It doesn't look like there's an order like in the previous singles. So, unless Vernalossom is placing Yuri last, I don't think there's a position for each member which means no center.

13. bluefalcon347

bluefalcon347 Kenkyuusei

Fresh off of some great performances by Izone, the last thing I was expecting was all this negativity.

Anyways, I loved the Catallena performance. Chaewon in particular was great. Her expressions were so on point and made the whole song for me. Shame there's no fancam version of it.

14. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Eunbi, Yena and Yuri arriving at the MBC Dream Center today:

if the video does not show watch the video here

and Sakura, Hyewon and Chaewon leaving:

• Like Like x 2
  15. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I wouldn't expect anything more at all.
    They have now about 6 months left, I doubt things are going to change in such a short time.

16. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

IZ*ONE ENOZI Cam EP.69
    https://www.vlive.tv/video/212910?channelCode=C1B7AF

ISAC are starting now:awesome:

IZ*ONE also will be joining SBS Super Concert "2020 SUPER ON: TACT" Day 2 , on 04.10.2020
    https://twitter.com/Qoo10_Shopping/status/1305427709988712448

Wonyoung and Minju will be featured on Korea Vogue Magazine October 2020 edition

Chaeyeon will appear on a new show created by CJ ENM called "ARTIST OF THE MONTH".
    https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/018/0004736204

• Like Like x 1
  17. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    not great but they were on a satisfactory roll last year in regards to their japanese promotions / appearances on jp tv. they even got to appear on one of the highest rating varieties. they were on a momentum. what stunted it though are these two major hurdles of 1. pd48 rigging scandal 2. the pandemic. No1 specially because jp showbiz is the most sensitive in all of asia in regards to scandals.

18. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Are IZ*ONE marketed as a global group though?

If any, it's just a dual k&jpop group at most and at the least, from the way I see it, is that it's most to be kpop group that promotes its releases in Korea & Japan.

Though if they are marketing themselves as a global group, then to stay true to their marketing ways (in principle) they should have a more balanced japanese & korean activities & releases. Otherwise, it would give negative connotation to them.

19. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    They are referring to IZ*ONE as a "global girl group." I don't remember any instances where they were referred to as a Korean girl group or a K-pop (girl) group. There may have been instances like that and I just don't remember them, but I know for a fact they are called a global girl group on multiple occasions.

• Like Like x 2
  20. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I’d love to know how many people who bought tickets for Oneiric Theater were international fans. Interpark made the process very easy for overseas buyers, it’s not like they only accepted Korean credit cards or you needed a Korean cellphone number. To me it seems like they were actively hoping for and expecting a global audience.

• Agree Agree x 2