IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020 at 4:10 PM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Can you upload it on the album thread too, please?

==========================

The girls are gorgeous as always. It doesn't look like there's an order like in the previous singles. So, unless Vernalossom is placing Yuri last, I don't think there's a position for each member which means no center.

3. bluefalcon347

bluefalcon347 Kenkyuusei

Fresh off of some great performances by Izone, the last thing I was expecting was all this negativity.

Anyways, I loved the Catallena performance. Chaewon in particular was great. Her expressions were so on point and made the whole song for me. Shame there's no fancam version of it.

4. Garapagosu

Garapagosu Kenkyuusei

I gave up that idea ages ago, when pd48 was heavily edited (or rigged) to favor the koreans. Not to mention, they didn't even let the Japanese vote.
    It'd be more suprising for me if they started to care about Japan more, after all that.

5. David61

David61 Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Eunbi, Yena and Yuri arriving at the MBC Dream Center today:

and Sakura, Hyewon and Chaewon leaving:

• Like Like x 1
  6. lionel90

lionel90 Upcoming Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I wouldn't expect anything more at all.
    They have now about 6 months left, I doubt things are going to change in such a short time.

7. Akusaiko

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020 at 7:09 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  8. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    not great but they were on a satisfactory roll last year in regards to their japanese promotions / appearances on jp tv. they even got to appear on one of the highest rating varieties. they were on a momentum. what stunted it though are these two major hurdles of 1. pd48 rigging scandal 2. the pandemic. No1 specially because jp showbiz is the most sensitive in all of asia in regards to scandals.

9. mai48_

mai48_ Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Are IZ*ONE marketed as a global group though?

If any, it's just a dual k&jpop group at most and at the least, from the way I see it, is that it's most to be kpop group that promotes its releases in Korea & Japan.

Though if they are marketing themselves as a global group, then to stay true to their marketing ways (in principle) they should have a more balanced japanese & korean activities & releases. Otherwise, it would give negative connotation to them.

10. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    田野優花、込山榛香
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    They are referring to IZ*ONE as a "global girl group." I don't remember any instances where they were referred to as a Korean girl group or a K-pop (girl) group. There may have been instances like that and I just don't remember them, but I know for a fact they are called a global girl group on multiple occasions.

• Like Like x 1
  11. David61

David61 Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I’d love to know how many people who bought tickets for Oneiric Theater were international fans. Interpark made the process very easy for overseas buyers, it’s not like they only accepted Korean credit cards or you needed a Korean cellphone number. To me it seems like they were actively hoping for and expecting a global audience.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. lilwisper

lilwisper Kenkyuusei

Yes it was super easy along with the ticket confirmation during the admissions period. The whole process I felt was well done. It was fun to even chat with the girls before they went on stage. That's one thing I want to commend, you can feel the embrace of technology from top to bottom. I know it is weird saying that since online tickets have been a thing for eons now and that there were many folks that suffered from buffering issues. It all started with the ticketing process.

Like what was mentioned before, they didn't lock it behind Korean cards or personal info. You only really had to deal with the currency translation which most if not all credit cards do automatically by now. Once the day of the concert came, you just log in with your serial number smooth and easy, up to two devices mind you. The chat was auto translated to a fairly decent degree which was nice. The translation of the girls during the performance was a bit lagged, but it wasn't so bad that you couldn't understand them. Also the performances themselves had sprinkling of AR and VR tech which gave it a nice feel. Again none of this is super new, you just felt that they wanted to reach out to a bigger audience with the technology.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Akusaiko

• Like Like x 1
  14. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    田野優花、込山榛香
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Wonyoung in particular is looking so rich! I thought she looked gorgeous during the Oneiric Theater concert as well. Whatever they're feeding her, keep going!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Akusaiko

@bonjourmarlene she's growing up, and she's not even reaching her 20's yet, a pretty person indeed, Wonyoung and Minju from VOGUE KOREA October issue.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020 at 6:59 PM
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Akusaiko

• Like Like x 1
  17. sakurappu

sakurappu Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Okay, talking about the concert, I'm amazed that OTR/Swings rented a whole of studio instead of stage so we could see the whole CG thingy (though it reminds me with AKB Pachinko 3 :rolleyes:)

At least the HKT girls can mention SakuNako in SNS. Hii is more "severed" :fear:

We want Hitsuzensei 2.0 :gavel:
    Maybe in the end Vernalossom dgaf about IZ*ONE and only help OTR/Swings for events (HT/online HT) while Aki-P dc about them since no Techisus there :fear::fear::fear:

18. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Well, while I agree i don't it's always been that way because for the debut single there were great thing like the showcase, a tv show for their Japanese debut and of course, Hitsuzensei. I think that whatever made Vernalossom to be that way with IZ*ONE was after that and before Buenos Aires.
    ============================
    And after seeing the jacket covers the participating members in each song, I can conclude that:
    - This album is basically a release from Korean mangement. The only Aki-P thing in it are the lyrics for the new songs except one that was wrote by Sakura.
    - No new ranking and no center there's nothing that indicates there's any of that.
    This can be the 1st album by name but personally I won't consider it as part of the 48G side of the group. Actually I think with this album the 48G side of IZ*ONE is pretty much dead and won't come back.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. mikia

mikia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    well in 6 months the group will be dead and won't come back

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. broz0rs

broz0rs Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    the composers for the single and b-sides (including Sakura) are all Japanese lol