IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. bluefalcon347

bluefalcon347 Kenkyuusei

Song was pretty forgettable to me. I mean that literally. A couple days after listening to it, I legit don't remember it.

In other news, it seems like Hitomi bought her make up stylist a Tiffany and co. necklace. Nice to see Izone is netting her some $. If it wasn't for covid, I wouldn't be surprised if they would be doing another concert tour around now. I've heard that's where the big money is made. Considering their limited time, that's a lot of revenue they're losing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. hichu

hichu Kenkyuusei

Doesn't really feel like a real concert much like their Japanese Oneiric Diary Japanese showcase. This particular online concert seems to be korean/kpop/international focused.

Looking at the setlist they did perform Yume wo Miteiru Aida but no songs from JP discography. I think like others have mentioned it might have come down to licensing fees for performing/airing/streaming as they did have JP Songs during their Eyes On Me concert tour. Even with those the setlist changed specifically for the japanese dates. The JP side is often draconian when it comes to copyright, even though they did stream the Eyes On Me in Japan (with horrible camera work).
    The hiatus plus the lockdown/travel ban between the two countries means there hasn't been much JP side work, even then it's a shorter promotion cycle - even though they had 2 consecutive JP singles last year. (Buenos Aires, Vampire)

Hopefully they will get to promote Twelve.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. IkemenSteelD

IkemenSteelD Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    There was something odd sounding about the initial part of Beware, like it's cut abruptly or drops all of a sudden, like it interrupts the flow. Also the ending part, it felt like you were expecting something, but it ended suddenly. I tried editing it to my liking, and after listening to it repeatedly, I kinda started to appreciate the "uniqueness" of the drop at the beginning and the sudden end as well.

Here's my slight edit of the beginning of the song.

https://vocaroo.com/1kbtCJAdTSS2

Oh, and that muffled sound again, dang it Vernalossom! :fp:

4. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Happy Birthday Leader Eunbi :ome:

• Like Like x 3
  6. IkemenSteelD

IkemenSteelD Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    They just posted a special group vid right now commemorating Eunbigheart's birthday.

https://twitter.com/official_izone/status/1310051538786684928

There's also a hashtag event for birthday messages. #EunbiMakesMeBetter

Speaking of which, there's also a plan to do a hashtag event for the reveal of Yummy Summer in October 7.

https://twitter.com/bugbi_927/status/1309100320220475397

I think this is a good sign we're coordinating our efforts to help promote IZ*ONE. There's so much to do and we can do. I'll make an outline of my suggestions later.

I've been regularly monitoring the status of travel restrictions in Japan, and it looks like they'll start easing it up on October, though in this news article, it says only business and residency visas, but not tourist visas. I don't know what kind of visas the K-line members have, but maybe it can be considered business visas because they're part of a joint venture of both Japanese and Korean companies. There's also another reason why I wanted them to go to Japan, they said HKT48's theater would open in October, so if they are finally able to go to Japan, maybe somehow we could convince Vernalossom and Mercury, and even the theater's sponsor Nishi-Nippon City Bank to invite IZ*ONE as special guest, heck maybe even a collaboration performance, so Nako and Sakura could attend it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Guests, maybe, assuming absolutly no HKT48 members perform with them nor publish anything with them on social medias.
    A coollaboration sounds likde a biiiig no.
    Because of the stupid exclusivity contract. Remember how Knetz reacted when Sakura and Nako flew to Japan just to attend their last concert before starting IZ*ONE for real ?

though I wonder if Yuri's solo work for the Brahms drama isn't a slight break in the contract ?

8. hichu

hichu Kenkyuusei

Sure they could but I'd assume the caveat is that they'd be represented as IZ*ONE members; especially now that IZ*ONE has basically established themselves (maybe the fandom/management didn't want to confuse people that it was a typical 48 sister group but instead a kpop oriented one)

if the video does not show watch the video here

9. bluefalcon347

bluefalcon347 Kenkyuusei

I think solo work like that was considered different because she's still representing Izone and at the very least not another brand. Sakura herself was one of the first to get solo work with "everyone's kitchen". I think the HKT situation was considered different because it is its own brand with its own members. It wouldn't be a member recording a song or show, but actively being a member of a different group and brand.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

ofcuz it isn't, it just the same as a solo work of other members b4, ironicly, if u feels like that, b4 u even questioning yuri, isn't u supposed to questioning sakura who land his solo job as a regular cast for olive tv soon after izone debuted, or minju as mc in mucore, why need to feel such things?, those jobs are offered to izone, either if it was for a solo member or as a group, aks was already announced the halt of 48g activity for the 3jline when they join izone anyway, so why feel bother try to relate any 48g group activity and schedule with the jline atm? Ppl want then them fly to jpn to take part in 48g related activity, while knowing that izone own schedule in jp cannot even being done properly for various reason atm, aside of that, they aren't even visiting their parents yet:fp:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    You may have notice that I am not a super active IZ*ONe follower, and since the rigging conclusion came, my interest lowered a lot, and I am now looking from far.
    (Even though that doesn't prevent me from reporting some things here or there).

On this I have a feeling that the korean management does now what it wants, when it wants, on the other hand, the japanese is either more shy or or more limited than it's korean counterpart.

@hichu these were the good early days I guess.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  12. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Chaeyeon is Studio Choom's Artist of the Month for October (English subs):

(It looks like this is a trailer for a longer video to be released on 10/5)

• Like Like x 3
  14. rozy sebelas

rozy sebelas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi

mod edit: <dead media link>

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. hichu

hichu Kenkyuusei

Twelve medley

• Like Like x 2
  17. Lookman

Lookman Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lckmnzans
    IZ*ONE premiere b-side song "Waiting" on STEP ONE

18. mikia

mikia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Weird how Beware grew on me after having watched the whole medley. Looking very much forward to the MV now. Everyone looks so good. Not really much to say about other songs apart from kudos to Sakura for Yummy Summer and the J-line for the translation job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Imo, The MV probably the one that save their main song, their outfit, makeup, MV set, camera works etc and are in a great quality looks perfect, i'm not biased toward otr over aks, but u can see and count of how many outfits they've been using for bewsre, and it's no longer surprising that sakura yummy summer turned out to be very well made and a hit after her previous work, love bubble, she's been learning so hard and trained well for this in sk, it will be another fav songs, also, their side track never disappointing fans
    IZ*ONE Chuseok greeting

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  20. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Briefly talking about Twelve and Beware, after watching the digest trailer it's almost 100% confirmed that, if this last release were a single instead of an album, Chaewon was going to be the center of Beware and actually you can see the order of the members for the original 4th single. This probably means that Beware was recorded long ago maybe at the time when they were preparing their comeback with BLOOM*IZ. Probably they didn't record the voices for the other songs so they did it in the last couple of months since Dousurebaii and Shy Boy are 4 member unit songs and not the usual 6 member division. Yummy Summer was going to be part of Oneiric Dairy originally so that means there's one missing Japanese song, from that 4th single so maybe that song is going to be part of a new album (best/last album ?).
    My opinion about Beware is not different from most people here, but based on the teaser it looks that at least is going to sound better in the MV than in the studio version.

====================================

I've seen most of WIZ*ONEs asking for Miki Watanabe to stay away from Japanese songs, they even recognize it's not a Japan thing as some people use to mention.
    I personally think this issue with Japanese songs, specially the A-sides, is actually intentional from AKS. I can't really say what's the reason for but I can only think about these posibilities:
    - AKS knew that Japanese songs were almost never going to be promoted/performed beyond the regular promotion time of the release so they didn't see the point in making good quality songs if there's almost no chance for those to be performed in concerts or Tv appearances. Which means getting not enough money because composers, lyricists and other people behind the production of a song get some fee when that song is played on tv or radio and when it's performed at concerts.
    - AKS realized that, after the release of STI, that the concept they prepare for IZ*ONE in Japan, wasn't something that WIZ*ONEs wanted and was told by CJ to stop that and be more Kpop oriented. So AKS preferred to just release new music because they had to, which probably lead to give less and less importance to the quality of the songs.

I do believe that AKS plan for IZ*ONE was to get a kpop oriented sister group for AKB, but with all the events that have occurred I think they're just waiting for the contract to end, get the J-line back and move on.

===================================

As someone else said, CJ does know what it wants, and when & how to get it. So I wouldn't be surprised if all the benefits and opportunities they give to all the girls (specially in creating the lyrics for the songs) are part of a plan to make the group permanent. So who knows.

Sorry for the long post.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1