1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Well, aside from not having to take gravure shot in order to gain fame, working as a member of IZ*ONE sure give them more opportunities, for example:
    - Writing lyrics, or even producing their own songs (This is a huge advantage because they can not only discover their hidden talents but also earn a lot of money from taking part in producing their own songs).
    - Don't have to fight against hundreds of other girls in order to have an opportunity to appear on TV.
    - Being able to take dance/ vocal lessons with better methods, and in some cases, with better trainers (compared to average AKB's member who has no one to teach them and has to learn by themselves).

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lookman

Lookman Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lckmnzans
    I always wondered, do the people that handle IZ*ONE are same with the people who are handling AKB48? I mean about their songs, it is like AKB48 don't have these sort of mixing problems in their songs.

3. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I think they're purposely making IZ*ONE songs like that. Previously I thought that they just didn't want to put enough efforts in the releases but now I feel like they've been trying to sabotage IZ*ONE. I know the main audience of the group is kpop fans but I don't think that's a reason for OTR to just limit on that, I guess they want more people to become WIZ*ONEs, and honestly I think if the group got more J-WIZ*ONEs, it was because of the Korean releases in most of the cases. And this campaign they're doing in Tik tok proves that they look for a wider audience in Japan and no just only those who are already fans.
    So AKS, realizing that they're just being used as the one who has the contacts in Japan, could have decided not only not giving enough importance to quality of IZ*ONE songs but to also purposely produce low-quality songs so they don't get more recognition in Japan.

This plus what @mikia and @biboloxo mentioned is enough to imply that between OTR and Vernalossom there's a hate relationship, and if it's true that Sakura, Nako and Hitomi don't want to be in 48G anymore then:
    - We should be expecting that J-line is going to graduate once the contract ends.
    -The chance for the group to become permanent is higher than we thought.
    - There's no way a SOL48 will become true.

4. hichu

hichu Kenkyuusei

This is still impossible, do not underestimate the greed behind the agencies from which produce contestants are from.

5. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

@hichu yup, greed > compassion , that's what happened to wanna one b4, even if the kids didn't have any debt with their agency, the agency still won't let them go that easily, after they saw a fame and money making opportunity on their trainee, they rather choose to gamble the kids future than letting them go, hard to bend them with only using a fans will, like what happened to x1, woollim, starship, WM and yuehwa are on those list, since EG and RCPC are not doing good, also starship and WM are on a right time to debuting their new gg, losing their popular and successful trainee will cost their plans coming to failure, not much to say about the jline, bcuz they do have jobs, either they choose to go home or graduates and starting new chapters of their career like juri, everyone who follow 48G should've already know about their system, by the end of the day, the groups will continue running and moving forward, even if their members left or graduate, it's been like that over a decade

6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    PRTIMES has news of an IZ*ONE pop-up cafe in Tokyo on the 1st basement floor of the LUMINE EST Shinjuku shopping mall:
    https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000335.000012194.html

The cafe will be open from 10/19 to 11/24. Via Google Translate:
    There's a link to an official webpage https://izone-cafe.jp/ which also has information about similar cafes in Osaka and Fukuoka. Details of the goods available for sale are at https://izone-cafe.jp/goods/.

EDIT: There will also be a pop-up store at SHIBUYA 109: https://www.shibuya109.jp/blog/?pi3=238241

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    @Akusaiko Well companies want to make profit from the idols they train so it's logical that even if they pay all their debt agencies don't want them to let them go.
    OTR is really investing way too much in IZ*ONE specially since Oneiric Dairy, the group is already popular and strong so that investment is not something you'll make for a group that's supposed to disband in less than a year. Unless there are plans for the group to become permanent.
    Agencies would be very naive if they think that they're gonna get a successful group If they add an IZ*ONE when we have seen how it's been for IOI and W1 members. And unlike the two previous groups, the IZ*ONE members have really been together for a longer time, so placing one of them in another group (for example Chaewon in Rocket Punch) is not going to really work out well because she's used to be with IZ*ONE. 2.5 years is too much for a temporary project (it would've been a real mess if X1 lasted for 5 years when they had to disband) because the members get too closed to each other they aren't going to have the same chemistry with the members of another group just because they're from the same agency.
    So, as I said before, the best thing the companies can do is to put price in the girls' contracts and give them to OTR. They could gain the money that might take years if they keep the girls in just one moment and with that they don't have to deal with the Produce controversy anymore. A win-win situation for OTR, the agencies and the girls.

8. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    The contract extension is a complicated topic so I won't go far into that. However, there is one thing that I know: OTR really does care a lot about them. When talking about their Oneiric Theater concert, they said that the setlist was being made by them. They talked to each other about which song would they want to perform, then they would tell the staff about their intentions. And their staff would quickly agree to them. Their management literally let the girls did whatever they wanted to do.

KKura also talked about this topic in her latest solo VLIVE:

https://imgur.com/a/Uhpp46F

Basically, if the girls want to do something, they just need to tell their management and OTR will support them with everything they can. I don't know if they do it b/c IZONE's time ls limited, or b/c IZONE is their main income. However, I do know that this kind of support isn't something you can find easily in K-pop industry.

9. Polygonsilikon

Polygonsilikon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    I have asked this before. You who want Izone to be permanent. Where will the korean mangement replace the Japanese market during the two years ban which Sakura, Nako and Hitomi will get if they graduate for continuing in Izone. I havent heard about Chinese promotion and Izone isn't Blackpink.

10. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    I think rather than sabotage IZ*ONE, maybe Aki-P dgaf with IZ*ONE after learned about that exclusive contract so he gave his best song with best soundmixing to 46G (let's admit it, their songs are better compared to 48G and IZ*ONE).

Let's see what will happen after the contract ends. Will the contract get expanded? Or maybe will we have same fiasco with Wanna One?? :fear:

11. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Backstage at SUPER ON:TACT:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  12. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    And have to add that it all started when they move from OTR to Swing ( I know is basically the same but that move has its meaning).
    And that freedom they've gotten is not because Swing wants to treat them like Queens but it helps to create content that WIZ*ONEs feel it's coming directly from the members which motivates them to buy even more and feel closer to the group.

With SSS Jp ver promotions it's a sure thing that IZ*ONE can promote in Japan even without releasing anything for the J-market.
    I don't think IZ*ONE would be banned from the Japanese industry but their appearances would be more limited.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    From VOGUE Korea - What do Minju and Wonyoung carry in their bags?

• Like Like x 1
  14. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Actually they're still with OTR. The first era (COLOR*IZ until BLOOM*IZ) were managed by OTR with Pledis/Han Sung Soo (that's why they used Pledis' dance practice room in the past), but since Oneiric Diary era they're managed by OTR with Swing (source)

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Chaeyeon's Choreo Record (from Studio Choom):

(reposted video, the original was taken down on the channel)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Lookman

Lookman Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lckmnzans
    La vie en Rose jpn. ver

17. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I see, I thought they moved from OTR to Swing, but in the end is the same because both belong to CJ.

18. heartereki

heartereki Kenkyuusei

The two year ban comes from Yoshimoto, which J-Line aren't affiliated with. It's just NMB girls that get screwed.

19. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm so confused, why did this happen? TIF is usually a weekend event and the website timetable only shows events happening on Friday (2nd), Saturday (3rd) and Sunday (4th). Were they the only ones to get an additional stream? And that only for 10 minutes?

On the timetable, they are listed for Hot Stage (11:45 - 11:55) on Friday, October 2nd. Did that not get broadcast or did it get cancelled and this serves as a replacement...?

20. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

• Like Like x 1