1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. undine235

undine235 Kenkyuusei

I know that’s been a hot topic among fans - she looks that thin on camera, imagine how she looks irl. I’m interested to see what she does next, cause out of the three she seems probably the second most likely to stick with AKB after Nako.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Jumparoo

Jumparoo Kenkyuusei

Hiichan discovered earlier this year that she's developed gluten intolerance. I think it was sometime around February?

Undiscovered gluten intolerance can lead to weight loss due to digestive problems and malabsorption of nutrients. I'm not sure how long it takes to recover weight after it's been discovered.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Just a heads up that we will be moving this thread (and the other IZ*ONE threads) to the Idol Emporium shortly, now the J-Line has returned to Japan and IZ*ONE no longer is active.

• Agree x 7
    • Informative x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
  4. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    She mentioned some months ago that she was trying to gain weight (which can be surprisingly hard for some ppl)
    She has also mentioned that she would prefer is people would not comment on her weight as much. (Skinny shaming is very much a thing and can be very harmful)

And yeah.... the gluten intolerance most likely played a HUGE part in it. She also was thinner like a year ago than now, so things are looking better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. budokanlife014

budokanlife014 Kenkyuusei

Honestly expect to hear nothing from the J-line for a month to decompress and enjoy being home again.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ezia

Ezia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    I definitely didn't intend it as shaming as shaming but yeah, probably best not to make uninvited comments on someone's body, sorry. I was just a bit taken aback.

I think I missed the news about her gluten intolerance. She must be sad she can't have bread any more! Good that she found out while she's still young though and her gut can start healing as long as she avoids gluten.

Back on topic...I've been feeling this way for a month or so now, but IZ*ONE really went out with a whimper instead of a bang. It's sad. I guess it's down to the pandemic and maybe some bad decision on management's part but it's like they just let them fizzle out rather than actually doing anything for their last few weeks as a group. It must feel really anticlimactic for the girls. I really hope for the girls' sake that 48G can get out of its current slump (especially AKB) if the J-line is going to stay for a while.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    One of my granddaughters is gluten intolerant (and lactose intolerant and has a bad reaction to many foods). The solution, such as it was, was to basically cut out everything but rice. Then new foods were introduced one by one. She now knows what she can eat and what she can't (she can have one small serving of a wheat product a day) and is catching up to her older sisters in height, etc.

P.S. Meat was never a problem.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    So far ,the next concerts are by the end of may. Assuming no cancelations.

9. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    On the official HKT48 website Sakura and Nako's profiles have been returned to their respective teams instead of being separate at the bottom of the member listing page. Meanwhile on the AKB48 site, Hitomi's profile no longer mentions her as a member of IZ*ONE.

In other news, I've just received my normal weekly update email from the Japanese IZ*ONE FC with no mention of it being the last one but I suspect it is.

EDIT: Eat-ting Trip 3 EP.08:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    It wasn't really big news. She told fans about it through IZ*ONE's private mail service, so it wasn't all that known. It was talked about in Hitomi's own thread, but other than that, it wasn't publicly declared. If you've seen IZ*ONE CHU Season 2, there is also a segment where all the members receive gifts from Eunbi, and Hitomi gets some kind of juice that is supposed to help with stomach aches. Eunbi explained that Hitomi's been complaining a lot about stomach aches, and that was aired in March 2019 (not sure when it was filmed though).

Like @Maruif said, she also tried to gain about 3kg a while ago, but soon after that, they found out that she was gluten intolerant, which cuts out a lot of the foods that can help you gain weight. In her private mail, she also talked about how she enjoys exercising and that a day without a walk or a jog feels like a wasted day. She doesn't want to gain weight by stuffing herself with unhealthy food, and she doesn't really want to give up on exercising, so I guess she's kind of stuck.

On the last episode of her radio show, World Get You, she also said that last year before their comeback for Oneiric Diary, she went through a hard time (without going into detail), and I don't think it caused her rapid weight loss, but I do think the comments added to whatever she was going through. I think your comment was meant in good faith, but there were definitely some people who said that she looked horrible.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. mcbcagirl

mcbcagirl Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lilxicanita
    I'm allergic to gluten and there are many things out there she can still find and enjoy that are gluten free. Anything made with rice flour, corn flour, tapioca flour are how I've substituted for bread and other foods with flour. I must agree, it's not the same as in flavor or texture but that can also be cuz I'm allergic to egg too so I need to get things that have neither gluten or egg in it. It takes time, but I hope she's able to find foods she can substitute and enjoy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Eujin MC cut from Inkigayo 210502:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Riot1

Riot1 Next Girls

• Like Like x 1
  14. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Message video from Chaewon for Woollim THE LIVE on 5/5 at 20:00 KST:

EDIT: second video:

SECOND EDIT: Chaewon's cover of 'You And I From The Beginning' by BOL4:

And a new episode (#9) of Eat-ting Trip 3:

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  15. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Chaewon comment video from Woollim THE LIVE for yesterday's song cover:

• Like Like x 1
  16. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Eat-ting Trip 3 EP.10 - 'Dinner for the Perfect Finale':

EDIT: Eunbi message video from Woollim THE LIVE:

More tomorrow (5/8) from the channel at 20:00 KST.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  17. lilwisper

lilwisper Kenkyuusei

One thing I have come to learn about IZ*ONE is that their discography lends very well background music clips. Eating Trip really shows this off. It was such an enjoyable series. Lots of funny moments. I like how in the end Yena snuck in a way to try and create a season 4 hehehe. Not very likely but hey I won't complain if they make it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  19. Riot1

Riot1 Next Girls

210508 [WOOLLIM THE LIVE 3.5] Eunbi's Choice

20. David61

Oshimen: