1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. welp

welp Next Girls

SDunno if already posted
    Quiz TMI part 2 already subbed.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Someone on Reddit patched up parts of translation of Aijeu's interview in Non-No from various tweets. Poor Hii's part is barely translated. So many typos yet mostly comprehensible.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Produce48/comments/9ypuxw/izone_x_nonno_full_translated_interview/
    Nako saying she would pick Sakura senpai if she were to left on a desert island. :lol:

Their dorm lives were peaceful it sounded.

3. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    #IZONEs3rdwin :1st:
    IMG_20181120_181232.jpg

BONUS:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  4. budhi.waspodho

budhi.waspodho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murayamayuiri
    Feel sad for Sejeong and Gugudan. I hope they get 1st win asap.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Slightly OT, but as there's been some discussion in this thread about how Korean fansigns work I've copied a guide which i've discovered on the Twitter feed of a proxy service called Seoul2U and pasted it into the spoiler below. Hope it's of interest! (Disclaimer: I have no connection with them and I can't personally verify this info.)

(From thread at https://twitter.com/Seoul2U_global/status/1064874542139506688 from Twitter user @Seoul2U_global)

[IDOL GROUP FANSIGN DETAILS] Fansign events are most of the time sponsored by music stores to boost up sales. To put simply, it's a lottery where your entries are the number of albums you buy from them. 10 album entries = 10 fansign raffle entries

There are also fansigns sponsored by brands (eg. Ce& for Wanna One). They have a specific amount of purchase for 1 raffle entry (eg. 100usd = 1 raffle entry).

Correction: 10 albums purchased = 10 fansign entries

If a group did 5 fansigns in one comeback, it means 5 music stores sponsored the event (I don't know how the deal between the group and the music store works).

Fansign application period happens really fast. For example, today Soundwave posts a fansign for 11.24, they will set rules like you have to purchase from 11.21-11.23, 8pm and you can only buy at these two branches in Seoul. Winners will be announced on 11.23, 10pm.

It is really difficult to get in for some groups like EXO, BTS and Wanna One. Some buy 200 albums and more and still don't win. Fansign albums are also more expensive. If a normal album is 14usd, a fansign album can sometimes be bought at 17usd each. It depends.

Only 100 people are picked from the buyers, sometimes it's only 50. It's very rare to see 100+ winners. Your competition is always fansite owners who really spends for their group's comeback.

So if you want to go to Wanna One's fansign five times, then you need to buy 1500 albums to get a high chance of getting in all those five fansign events which will cost around 25 million won, roughly 20-25,000usd or 1.2 million pesos.

I cannot talk for all groups as there are groups that only require 10 albums or less. As for new groups like Izone, 40 albums is a bit fair to get in.

In the fansign event, itself, if u win, u will have the chance to get a sign from each member, get a high five and talk to them for a few seconds. If lucky, they allow post-it questions and giving of gifts and letters. If u're the luckiest, some idols insist in holding your hand.

But not all fansign events are the same. The rules are different for every group or company. Some companies don't allow signatures addressed to different names. Post-it's are being checked, too and fansign managers can be so sensitive.

We have been confiscated with a post-it three times even if in our perspective, the question is harmless. That's why we're very opinionated with post-it questions sent to us as well.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Dang. Prices sure have gone up since I was buying albums in Korea...

Also something to keep in mind about Korean albums: they aren't just in simple jewel cases. These days they come in custom sized and custom designed books, with pages upon pages of images from photo shoots. If you ask nicely, nearly all stores will give you free posters of whatever you want and if you ask real nice, you can get other 'swag' with the purchase. Basically if you're buying online or especially overseas, chances are you're spending $50+ for all of the things you're getting if you're actually in Korea spending $15.

But more important in regard to an individual attempt to get into a signing, there are fan clubs for each group, and these fan clubs are better at organizing for certain people to be able to go to a signing. You can also be assured that there are fan club politics that go on, so if one is a member it increases their likelihood of getting into fan signs so long as they are also very popular within the fan club. Oh and when I say fan clubs do politics? I mean the only real politicians who do worse stuff are the murderers. Kpop fan clubs are hard core.

EDIT: I should note that I mean the official fan clubs that exist in Korea and are basically official representatives who get news/information on groups second only to major media outlets and sometimes instead of them. I'm not talking about people who just like to get together, but groups where big money is involved...because these fan clubs are the groups who organize the lines for people to get into tapings of popular music shows and other things.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    IMG_20181120_161312.jpg

Just arrived. Looks like these are rare items in Japan as this set can be ¥2500 there while in Indonesia cards like these are just about equal to $5.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Baratheon

Baratheon Kenkyuusei

Nope.
    The original photosets from the album cost the same.

The fake photocards laminated print sold in school is cheap; I live in Thai, you can find BNK48/GOT7/BTS or any famous Kpop, even JKT48 Yupi (only Yupi, none else) photocards sold in school lol. But sadly no Japanese 48G.
    JKT48 or BNK48 photosets may cost 5$ but the album itself is also sold for 10$.

I bought Twice calendar and sticker from Twicetagram album for almost 800THB (24$), the album itself is sold 2700THB 1 set (there are 3 set).

Sent from my SCV36 using Tapatalk

9. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    This is Kihno version I believe.
    Size similar to HKT48 School Calendar, pretty small in size.

It's fake? I bought from a verified seller. He got that from SK I believe.

10. welp

welp Next Girls

I saw a Thai fan who has attended a fan sign is giving away 13 copies of album (without photocards). I supposed he must have kept some copies for himself and his friends. So, possibly, it took him around 20 copies to attend an Aijeu fansign. He said he prepared Japanese scripts to talk to Japanese members but they replied in Korean.
    I think you mistook. Fansign usually is completely random and, if there is special privilege for members of official fan club, it will publicly be notified. Neither I think membership for WIZ*One official club has been opened for application.

It's music show/fanmeet attendance that fan club members usually are given privilege to book the seat first. (Of course, fan club members must be given some privilege or what is the point for membership.)

You also mistook official fan club and unofficial fansite. It's fansite masters or sasaengs that bribe agency's employees for special info. Recently, a manager of a boy group was exposed selling personal info of group's members to fansites.

Because members of K-pop fan clubs are highly connected, hardly anything fishy going on and on for a long time in the fan club without them notice.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

I didn't mistake. Yes fansigns are random, but if everyone in a fan club gives dues to the fan club and the fan club makes those purchases (for the sake of scores on you know what), then the resulting fanmeets are then gifted to select members.

I also didn't mistake fan club vs. fansite. Fan clubs get information because of their official status and because there is already money involved.

Anyway, I may have not been clear but I didn't make any particular mistakes. I went through the process several times. I've been to tapings of some shows which no longer exist but I've also been to several high profile shows that are being posted here and we celebrate when IZ*ONE wins.

12. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Off the record family dinner (izone +fromis 9) :1st:
    DsiJt7lU8AAhQbn.jpeg
    DsiJt7tVYAEmURq.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    haven't been following them much other than listening to their album in repeat lol
    just wondering how sakura,hitomi and nako are handling korean in fansignings and varities?

14. fukasaku

fukasaku Kenkyuusei

COLOR*IZ Full Album Piano Cover by DooPiano

• Like Like x 2
  15. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Fansigns arent that much different from handshakes in terms of interactions with fans except its in a different format. They should do really well esp Sakura since she’s a HS queen

16. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

koreans say hiichan’s korean is more advanced than nako’s and sakura’s.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Ahn yujin will be special mc in idol room episode #30 in december 11
    DshFMI7X4AAZvud.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    It made me happy seeing fromis_9 with IZ*ONE! Both of them are battling to be my female rookie biases. Lol. [hehe]

• Like Like x 2
  19. welp

welp Next Girls

If not mistake than oblivion?
    - Fan club, which is run by the agency, doesn't bulk buy, fansites do.
    - Fansite masters, by avidly following the idol, often grow personally close to the managers or even the idol and they often get some inside info from the manager or even the idol.
    - Some popular idol groups don't have official fan club but fansites. Neither I think Aijeu has had one.

Talking about fansign, someone said Aijeu would never do handshake in Korea. Fromis did events similarly to handshake called Yaksokhae in which members crossed little fingers with fans. But, after they switched to regular fansign in latest comeback, they sold 2x more cd copies. The Korean responded more positively to fansign.

I believe there are "frequently asked questions" and Japanese members may have prepared the answer for such questions beforehand.

Also, fans try to use easy Korean to Japanese members or prepare Japanese post-it questions.

In variety shows, Chaeyeon, the best Japanese-speaking Korean member, or Nako, the best Korean speaking Japanese member, may work as interpreter. Also, variety shows often are scripted thus, they can prepare how to reply. Sometimes, you may notice Japanese members just go along and not fully understand what is going on.

Just some days ago, Nako said she translated Korean questions to Hitomi. (Sakura had Chaeyeon. :awesome:) So, highly likely, Nako is more communicative. I remembered a Korean said Hitomi was better at reading and writing hangul. Perhaps, hitomi was better at making complex sentence while nako knew more vocabs.

another Enozi cam

• Like Like x 4
  20. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Nako and Eunbi had a cake vlive earlier. This was their last chance at eating desserts before going on another diet. It seem they are already working on their next comeback (single).
    https://www.vlive.tv/video/100427

Here's another instance of them hinting at the next promotion. After their 3rd win on The Show, the MCs asked what kind of concept will we expect to see from them next, Chaeyeon was about to answer but then froze and started to laugh. MC Yujin was there to make the save lol

@ 3:23 mark

• Like Like x 3