JDrama Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Maalat, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Maalat

Maalat Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yagura Fuuko
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's a JDrama thread here.
    I've been a watcher of JDramas before I was into 48G, I've probably watched about 400 series, it was actually sort of my gateway to 48g.

Anyway I'm guessing some of us here (maybe a lot) watch JDramas, let's talk, like what you're watching right now, your favorites and recommendations etc.
    I'm currently watching Todome no Kiss and Final Cut, so far I'm enjoying Todome no Kiss more than Final Cut.

2. souchan48

souchan48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Minami
    For this season:
    I watched almost every downloadable dorama on every season, of course not all left good impressions.
    Good watch: Kimi Sumi(abbrv)., Unnatural
    Okay: 99.9 season 2, BG
    The rest are quite horrible tbh. Let me know if I miss some good one.

I can't wait fr the Netflix/Hulu (i forget)'s Sherlock and Kintori season 3.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  3. Maalat

Maalat Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yagura Fuuko
    What's the full title of kimi tsukamu? Also who's in it?

I've watched 1 episode of Unnatural but is on hold at the moment, I'll let the subbing team finish it first before watching it. It looks like a case of the week type of series so that kind of pushed it to on hold status for me. 99.9 s2 and BG are both on my to watch list.

What's promising this year so far though is that there're a lot of series that've been picked up for subbing compared to last year.

4. souchan48

souchan48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Minami
    Sorry it was a typo (tbh i typed that one). It was KimiSumi, a fans abbrevation for Kimi ga Kokoro ni Sumitsuita. Muro Tsuyoshi's (He had his breakthru in Super Salaryman Saenai-shi) character is the highlight there lmao. His chemistry with Kiritani Kenta is so funny and so gopd.

Hmm... never watched with sub since quite a long time, so tbh I don't mind for subs. But compared to early 2016, the drama is more interesting .

5. Maalat

Maalat Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yagura Fuuko
    Ahh that one, it's on my to watch list as well because of yoshioka riho, loved her performance in gomen aishiteru and from what I've read she was pretty good in quartet too.

I wish I could watch doramas raw, there're a lot of good series yet to be subbed that I want to watch. :(

6. tiktok

tiktok Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shida Manaka
    Mainly watch WOWOW drama.

Just watch BORDER two week ago because Man with a mission. Not as good as I expected. But still enjoyable. Shun potrayed his character really well.

7. CutePanda

CutePanda Kenkyuusei

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018 at 10:40 AM
  8. Rivaan

Rivaan Kenkyuusei

I've only recently gotten into JDramas. I've seen 35-sai no Koukousei, Final Fantasy XIV: Hikari no Otousan, Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, Re:Mind, Code Blue (CB) season 1, CB Special, and am currently watching CB season 2.

Code Blue is my favourite drama so far and one that I would highly recommend to those who haven't seen it. It's a medical drama starring Yamashita Tomohisa (YamaP) and Aragaki Yui, which are two names I knew of before I even started watching JDramas. It can get a little graphic with the medical procedures (blood, and vague unidentifiable organs in the body), but nothing too crazy. The show's first season came out in 2008, followed by a special in 2009, then a second season in 2010 and the third in 2017. Finally, there will be a movie coming out this year.

Here's a link to my MyDramaList profile, which I just created yesterday. Feel free to add me if you're on there:

https://mydramalist.com/profile/Riivus