1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

JKT48 RIVAL(s)

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by too much idea, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I was in JKT48 handshake for just 1 hour today, then I went to Ennichisai Blok M.

I saw Shojo Complex, I noticed the group's wotas, they remind me of JKT48 wota in 2012, because they're also otakus, one of them wore Love Live shirt and another brought a dakimakura. Well, in JKT48's early days, most of the group's fans were otakus or weeaboos who were fond of almost everything Japanese. But now, if someone is a JKT48 fan, doesn't me that he/she is a fan of any other Japanese made pop culture.

Yeah, Another article said that SM gonna expand to Southeast Asia, begin from Indonesia. Beside NCT Indonesia, the company may make a girl group too. But I forget where the article was, I think it was on Detik or Kompas.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  2. HangPC2

HangPC2 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shintanaomi
    Twitter:
    HangPC2

if the video does not show watch the video here

3. HangPC2

HangPC2 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shintanaomi
    Twitter:
    HangPC2

4. onego123

onego123 Member

Honestly I wish that they would get an official 46 rival group.

5. Nabilott

Nabilott Member

Jkt’s rival: If there were Morning Musume id [Sorry, bcus I was into h!p]

As jkt48, the goup also will sing MM translated Japanese lyrics

6. welp

welp Next Girls

Yoshimoto, the agency Shojo Complex belongs to, also is debuting a Thai group Sweat16 (to debut as opening act for NMB48's first ever concert in Thailand in August). It seems like the strategy will be kinda different as Yoshimoto has partnered with a local music label, LoveIs, and a famous local producer will produce a song for the group.

7. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    When SM's expansion in Indonesia begins...

Well, we all know that one of debates among JKT48 fans now is that some JKT48 members are into Kpop but don't follow 48. E.G, Jinan once tweeted her congratulation to anniversary of BTS, her favorite Kpop group, but she didn't tweet anything about AKB48 sousenkyo. So I doubt if she knows about Mayuyu's graduation, Riripon's marriage announcement, & Ogiyuka's breakthrough. If only she cares about this.

So I guess, when SM's expansion to Indonesia begins, future gens of JKT48 auditions will have less applicants because girls who like Kpop but not 48 should know that they should join SM than JKT48. But it's also good sign to the girls who're really fans of 48, they get bigger chances to pass the auditions. Yeah, I think JKT48 needs more members like Devi who is talented & into 48, her oshimen is Meru (I thought it was Sakura).

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  8. Nabilott

Nabilott Member

I would suggest “SM indo” employ local talented composers . If the songs and artist/group become hit in asia or international it wud be pretty good for our country’s image.
    In south east asia, Indonesia always being choosed first right? AKS and now SM.

9. welp

welp Next Girls

Isn't S.M. focusing on the boy (that NCT project)? S.M. will be occupied with boys for few more years. (Thai, Japanese and Chinese units preparing, Indonesian and Pinoy units recruiting.)

Duh, It even has relied on European composers lately and doesn't really care about general Korean public opinion on its music. There is possibility that NCT's SEA units will turn out similar to the case of foreign 48 groups, just singing to the same music with the lyric in different languages. (EXO-K and EXO-M case) S.M.seems to be more about "international" music rather than local music.

What interesting is, while Shojo Complex's music sounds as if came straight out from JPN composers for both music and lyric, the Sweat16 project will be a collaboration with a famous Thai producer. If Sweat16 can gain satiable popularity, Yoshimoto may use the same policy onto Shojo Complex.

Nope, S.M. recruited some Thai boys for NCT project in last year while it will soon recruiting Indo boys.

10. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Recruitment for Indonesians has begun? Please notice that countries you mentioned also countries where there're 48 groups.

Will NCT Indonesia get original songs or just NCT songs translated into Indonesian? Well, NCT Indonesia could be male and Kpop version of JKT48 if the group doesn't have original songs. But if NCT Indonesia has original songs, it'd be warning to JKT48 to have original songs.

Another source said about possibility that SM gonna make girl group too on their expansion to Indonesia.

11. welp

welp Next Girls

The NCT project is pretty much a hazy project. Most infos regarding the management of the group are assumption/ speculation.

There is already a warning, it's those Chinese knock off groups. How the local agency has diverted its music direction to more local style contributes hugely to its groups' longevity and growth. However, AKS will never concern of the warning as the very goal of foreign sister groups is to promote Japanese culture. Thai partner of AKS has addressed this point clearly, BNK48 will never compromise to local trend but conserve J-pop color.

That girl group project must be a fake rumor. It's impossible that S.M. has already set a plan for a foreign girl group when none of NCT's foreign units have debuted. Not until NCT project is profitable well that S.M. will start the female counterpart.

12. Nabilott

Nabilott Member

^ Thank you for explaining that

I got relief

and still...

Viva JKT48

13. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Not sure about this mate. On JKT48 thread on Kaskus, someone told that JKT48 must adapt with general Indonesian taste. This argument was to counter my argument that JKT48 should recruit more Japanese, half-Japanese, wotas, otakus, weeaboos, cosplayers, college students majored in Japanese on future auditions. He said that if JKT48 recruit members like my criteria, JKT48 would have difficult to gain fans from general people, only those who're into Japanese pop culture may become JKT48 fans. Now I realize that JKT48 will recruit girls with traits similar to Shani & Veranda because management think this kind of girl most Indonesians like.

14. welp

welp Next Girls

I can see no relationship between 'to recruit girls more conforming with local taste' and 'to accommodate with local music taste'. I'll repeat that the very goal of JKT48 is to promote J-pop and how the member looks does not conflict with the goal but, to change its music style and anything surrounding 'wota' culture does. AKS even made the Thai staff calling himself "shihainin" instead of "artist manager".
    It's said the refusal to allow SHN48 releasing original Chinese song occastionally and the disapproval to create a new branch group are key factors the Chinese partner turned its back to AKS.
    If AKS were more flexible, it might have gotten a much bigger Thai partner.

15. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    According to my friend who is Kpop fan, SM Audition in Indonesia was held on 7/7. Still not clear what the winners will be.

I'm also unsure whether this is real or fake.

16. onego123

onego123 Member

It's real: Official YT Channel
    SM holds Global Auditions every year. It's nothing to worry about. If you pass the audition you move to Korea to receive training to become a celebrity(where they also debut). They're most likely looking for more NCT members (new boy group that they want multiple units of in multiple countries), but I wouldn't worry about it since they're a boy group, but Lee SooMan (founder) stated that he's aiming for SEA, and Latin America next. There's already a Chinese, and Japanese unit.
    NCT Announcement Video (I skipped ahead to where he mentions the different units):

17. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Oh that's real. Audition in Jakarta yesterday, then in Surabaya, Semarang, & Medan will follow.

Maybe I follow Kpop fans on twitter only in a small amount that's why I don't get the hype.

18. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Enka Girls is a potential rival to JKT48.

Maybe because of their hardcore fan service such as that fans can hug Enka Girls members when having 2s.

JKT48 inviting them to Suzukake handshake was like when Nogizaka46 performed on 2012 AKB48 RH.

19. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Watching Mubank last night, I was noticing this:

NCT Indonesia will be proportionate rival of JKT48.

Some said that NCT Indonesia will be like JKT48 because their songs are translated from their main group but if NCT Indonesia have original songs, it's a sign that JKT48 must have original songs too.

20. welp

welp Next Girls

Did you aware NCT Jakarta was supposed to be a boy group? Even if JKT48 loses half of its teenage fangirls to that boy group, I doubt it will be a big loss to JKT48.