1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Jo Eriko (Jo) / 4.5th Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by saika.city, Sep 5, 2011.

1. dreamscape

dreamscape Kenkyuusei

Re: Jo Eriko / Team M

^ +1 to everything you said! [clap] Somehow Jou became my insta-oshi as soon as I saw her in the Junjou PV~

Also, am I the only one who thinks she looks lovely in the Saigo no Catharsis PV? Especially as Robo-Jou - her hair and makeup really seem to fit her perfectly there. <3

2. Chaos48

Chaos48 Kenkyuusei

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCehPeioJLU[/yt]

3. dreamscape

dreamscape Kenkyuusei

Late post, but I feel bad that Jou didn't rank - I was hoping for her to at least make Future Girls. I'll keep rooting for her~ <3

4. asudja

asudja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae

^ true true..

for every NMB48's team name called.. I always shouted "Jooooooo ikeeeeee!!"
    at 1st I thought "wow.. she's ranked higher than I thought she'll be"
    but I realized she's not ranked when SKE girls called one by one on undergirls..

too bad.. but there will be next time.. your path is still a long way to go jo!!

1st impression of her.. super ultra cute.. I love her smile, and how her eyes closed when she smiled :cute:

5. PoIyrhythm

PoIyrhythm Kenkyuusei

Okay there's this video of her audition or w/e but it's un-subbed so I didn't know what was going on. What's the deal with her? It seemed that Akimoto was very captivated by her or w/e but why? I can't recall where I saw it but I am more interested now.

6. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina

Possibly this?

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AAQkLjobIA[/yt]

I think Keira gives a much better audition.
    The reason I think was because, she came and auditioned despite having no dance experience or singing experience. She really looks up to Acchan and wanted to emulate her. So I think Aki-P saw something in that.
    Also he got the same feeling from her as when he first saw Jurina apparently.

7. oddball

oddball Member

Man watching that again, it was freaky seeing her with long hair! :^^;:

8. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Re: Team M - Jo Eriko (Jo)

According to fans at the theater, Jo just announced at the theater that she'll be graduating NMB to focus on her studies. She will be entering the third year of Junior High next year.

Official announcement coming up.

9. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina

I can think I can speak on behalf of all NMB fans when I say, well that came out of nowhere.

G+ Translation.

I announced my graduation from NMB48 today during our stage show.
    I'm sorry that I couldn't live up to your expectations.
    Even though I'm graduating, I am not giving up on my dreams.
    Please continue to support NMB48 and myself.
    Thank you very much.

10. maririn

maririn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Twitter:
    mari_rinnn

oh come on, why suddenly there's too many graduation in 48 group?
    I cant accept this.. :cry:
    she's the prominent member of team M
    this is going to be a big lost for team M and NMB, for sure..

btw can someone translate this?
    at NMB official blog
    http://ameblo.jp/nmb48/entry-11345097461.html

11. Ephemeral

Ephemeral Kenkyuusei

I guess I can do it, but it's very long so it might take a while.
    本日9月3日(月)
    Today, September 3rd (Monday)
    チームM 城恵理子が学業の専念の為、卒業を発表致しました。
    Team M's Jo Eriko has announced her graduation to focus on her studies.
    以下本人のコメントになります。
    The following are the comments from her.
    「私、城恵理子はNMB48を卒業します。
    I, Jo Eriko will graduate from NMB48.
    2期生が結成されてから約1年3ヶ月たちました。
    It has been around 1 year 3 months since the 2nd generation was formed.
    凄く充実した日々でした。
    The days were very enriching.
    沢山のチャンスをあたえて頂き毎日が必死な日々でした。
    Being given a lot of chances, everyday was frantic.
    全てが初めての私は無心でここまで突っ走って来ました。
    It all started with my innocent self, and that was how I ran swiftly to where I am.
    そんな私も、来年は中学3年生です。
    That kind of me will become a 3rd year in middle school next year.
    どうにか学業との両立ができるかいっぱい悩みました。
    How I can balance studies [and work] has made me worry a lot.
    またファンの皆さんの期待に応える為にはどうすればいいのかも悩みました。
    And also, what I should do to answer all the fan's expectations has worried me.
    たくさん悩んで、これからもっともっと前に進んでいくNMBにとっても迷惑をかけてしまうと思い、
    I worried a lot; I thought I would be a nuisance to NMB who is going to keep on progressing foward,
    学業という道を選びました。
    and so I chose the path of school studies.
    私がここまでこれたのは
    The reason I was able to come here were thanks to the
    支えてくれたファンの方やメンバー、スタッフさんのお陰だと思います。
    fans, members, and the staff.
    本当に有り難うございます。
    Truly thank you very much.
    私はNMB48が大好きです。
    I love NMB48.
    NMB48の存在が更に大きくなっていくことを願っています。
    I hope that NMB48 will become an even greater existence.
    私は私の夢を諦めてはいません。
    I will not give up on my dream.
    自分自身、納得ができるように、これからも努力を続け
    Until I am satisfied, I will continue working hard.
    前に進んでいきたいと思っています。
    I would like to progress ahead.
    また、どこかで皆さんとお会いすることができるなら、
    If I am able to meet with you fans again somewhere,
    ちょっぴり大人になった私を見てほしいです。
    I want you to see the me that has become a little more adult.
    残りわずかな活動ですが、これからもよろしくお願いします。
    I only have a little work remaining but, please take care of me from now on.
    必ず帰ってきます。
    I will definitely return.
    本当にありがとうございました。」
    Truly thank you very much.

以上コメントとなります。
    That is the above comments.

2期生として、加入当初はメンバーの中で一番ダンスが下手だったのではないでしょうか。
    As a 2nd generation, she may have been the one with the worst dancing [skills] from the initial members.
    自身の出来る限りの努力を惜しまず、選抜に選ばれた際も先輩についていこうと必死に練習していたのが印象的です。
    Pouring in all the hard work that she can, her frantic practicing when her senpais were selected in the senbatsu was impressive.
    それが今では、皆様の支えもあり当初からは想像もつかないほど成長したと思います。
    And now, with also the support of everyone, she has grown unbelievably from when she first started.
    今後は学業に専念し、自身の進む道をしっかり歩んでいただきたいです。
    From now on is her devotion to studies, I would like for her to firmly walk on that path and progress.
    皆様、今後の成長を温かく見守ってください。
    Everyone, please watch over her growth warmly from now on.
    卒業に関して、最終稼働及びファンレターの受付け等、詳細は後日NMB48公式ホームページでお知らせいたします。
    Regarding the graduation, her final work as well as reception of fan letters, will be given in greater detail on the NMB48 official homepage at a later date.

NMB48劇場 支配人 金子
    NMB48 theater manager, Kaneko.

Ok that took a good 20 or so minutes. Enjoy. My English is not the best but I hope you can live. Some moderator can edit this somehow if I didn't do it in a right format or something.

12. Ozu

Ozu Kenkyuusei

So it finally came down to this. I remember following her confused and worried remarks about not being able to dance as well as the others and not being like Sayanee or Milky. Well, I guess the poor girl made the right choice since it was obvious the hectic schedule and competition were too much for her. Nevertheless, the announcement came to me as a surprise since I figured she would just keep going forward as an NMB member. Her genuine innocence and childlike glee brought a new aspect to NMB and it's certainly going to be different without her. I wonder what sort of fate Team M faces after her depature. Will Nirooni take her place? In any case, I thank her for everything she has done and wish her good luck in whatever she decides to pursue after her graduation. Let's hope she really wants to stay out of the entertainment industry and that she doesn't make a half-baked comeback sometime later.

One question remains: did Acchan's graduation make her lean towards leaving instead of staying?

13. irontech

irontech Next Girls

Well, she does admire Acchan alot as was mentioned by the stage manager, so possibly.

As for the future of Team M, they do have a few potential candidates like Fuuchan or Keira, if the management decides to promote and give them the push.

Just my 2 cents.

But good luck in your future endeavors Joe !!

14. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

is her so called 'concentrate on her studies' excuse more than meets the eye ?? it is more to it as i felt that she was force to graduate instead of a voluntary one. i felt that she was caught by breaking some rules we did not know of.

15. Ozu

Ozu Kenkyuusei

^ There's no reason for us to suspect anything like that. It has been known for some time that Jo struggled with work and was not feeling confident. On top of that, she's certainly one of the most innocent members (as shown by various moments, such as her tears after Acchan's graduation announcement) in the whole 48 family. She auditioned for NMB so that she could become like Acchan, but it looks like that dream has been brought down by the reality of idol work and Acchan's graduation.

16. oddball

oddball Member

Well this graduation has a very out of the blue feel to it and that means that there will most likely be questions about the reasons behind it, whatever was said.

As far as my thoughts go, well maybe she wasn't fully happy there and perhaps Acchans graduation got the idea into her head and it stuck.....

17. lkwreader

lkwreader Kenkyuusei

^ I agree with this - at least for me - this was completely unexpected. I wasn't a fan of her ultra-push in the beginning, but once I got past that, I was starting to warm up to her. She has a gorgeous smile and her child-like demeanor is certainly a contrast to the older girls around her in Senbatsu, like Nana, Sayanee & Milky. But I don't want her to put additional pressure on herself, especially if she's feeling overwhelmed.

all that said, the part that breaks my heart the most, is when she thought of herself as a nuisance to the other members :cry: Everyone goes through a learning phase where they think they're never going to catch up, people just deal with it in different ways and it appears it was hard on her. So I am sad to see her go, but I hope when she's done, she feels less pressure.

GOOD LUCK JOOOOO!!!!! I hope you do well in school :D

18. lazyedt

lazyedt Kenkyuusei

Just woke up and found out about her graduation.
    I dont know why, but i'm hella sad.
    To me, she's a big reason why docking and genin are so fun to watch......
    gonna miss her smile for sure.
    Also Saya-sis feels sad that Jo didn't talk to her about her graduation .....

anyways

ganbatte kiddo!
    best wishes!

19. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka

Well, it was pretty obvious that she felt pressured to perform at the level that Sayanee, Milky and Nana (Plus Fuu-chan in her own team) and the burden just was too much for her to mentally take.

I feel bad for Sayanee since Jo went to Sashi to discuss this issue instead of her.

There are other things in life than idol-hood, and I hope that Jo can experience all those things to the fullest.

20. lazyedt

lazyedt Kenkyuusei

yea, but I don't get why Sashi? Like, okay, she's a veteran compare to Saya-sis, but still there are other members like Takamina that she can talk to.

wakaranai....