1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Movie / DVD Joker Game (Rie Kitahara)

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by The_Hot_Zone, Nov 15, 2012.

1. The_Hot_Zone

The_Hot_Zone Kenkyuusei

21-year-old AKB48 member Kitahara Rie (currently part of Team B and sister group SKE48) has landed her first starring role in a theatrical movie. Titled “Joker Game,” the film is yet another entry in the idol-filled “survival game” suspense genre.

Kitahara’s supporting cast includes Takatsuki Sara (15) of the idol group bump.y, Koike Yui (21) of Tomato n' Pine (also known for her role as Gokai Pink in “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”), and D2 members Okubo Shotaro (17), Shiramata Atsushi (18), and Negishi Takuya (16).

Kitahara plays a 3rd-year high school student at a prefectural college prep school. When all of the third-year students go on a camp trip together, their teachers announce that they will all have to participate in a card game of “Old Maid.” However, the camp is actually part of an experiment by the national government to put an end to the country’s declining education and to boost the students’ “humanity” – meaning that the game is really a deadly test that will truly decide their fates.

Although this is Kitahara’s first time in the lead role on the big screen, she previously acted in last year’s “Graffreeter Toki.” She has also recently been gaining more attention with her role on Fuji TV’s ongoing reality show “Terrace House.”

“Joker Game” will open on December 22nd.
    http://www.tokyograph.com/news/kitahara ... oker-game/

2. The_Hot_Zone

The_Hot_Zone Kenkyuusei

3. akb48

akb48 Kenkyuusei

The trailer looks so cool~!!
    I think they copied some of liar game.. And since I loved liar game I'm so watching this and not to mention Ricchan's on it <3

4. The_Hot_Zone

The_Hot_Zone Kenkyuusei

So, the movie was officially released today (yesterday in Japan). Here's to hoping in gets on the internet very soon with Eng subs! [rock]

5. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    I watched the trailer, the movie seems quite interesting. Battle Royale-style^^;

Can't wait!

6. Arubaro

Arubaro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
  7. The_Hot_Zone

The_Hot_Zone Kenkyuusei

Re:

Thank you so much! Though, hopefully an eng translation of this will come soon. :^O^:

8. Arubaro

Arubaro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    If you need a sort of highlights of thats. You can read an english translation from an Oricon's article about the premiere movie event

Just following the link, http://nanamekaramariko.tumblr.com/post ... sappointed

Credits to the translator for the effort.

9. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWDCnLJULXM[/yt]
    from JIJIPRESS

10. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Does anyone know where i can watch this movie online ?

11. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Bumping this old post because i just blown away by the twist.
    Okay, not really and tbh the one that blow me away is the 2013 sequel Joker Game Escape that i just watched. I watch Joker Game in WakuWakuJapan around last year but it left a huge impression on me for no particular reason

Anyway, the movie is surprisingly quite graphic about violence. The mind game is not that extreme but there are indeed several twist in the story- small/big - that you might not see coming. Kitarie did an great job in acting, especially during the final standoff with Takatsuki Sara's character. If you like the 2012 movie then i suggest you to continue with the Joker Game Escape, the story relates with the 2012 one and i got mindfcked really hard thanks to a twist in the end.

I really hope they are going to continue with a third movie and maybe close the story.
    In the first movie Rie and Sara (Sara joined the game to save her older brother iirc, he's dead btw) manage to ran away.
    In the second movie, we are showed that the Ohno's (Sara's character) actually consisted of another Older Sister. She volunteered to join the game to save Sara who 'lost in the Old Maid game, and soon will be transferred to this facility'
    Little did she know that Sara actually have escaped

Shit i really need to know what goes down next

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  12. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Where does one watch these Joker Game films ??
    [i've been searching foreverrrrrr]
    [only thing i want to see more is Sakiko's Bingo or Rabutan's X Game 2]

13. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea