1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kageyama Yuuka (Kagechan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 Graduated Members' started by ForrestFuller, May 11, 2016.

1. Fernando

Fernando Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    HB, Kage-chan <3

2. Bonner

Bonner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
  3. plus1plus1

plus1plus1 Kenkyuusei

http://www.keyakizaka46.com/s/k46o/news/detail/O00098?ima=0000

This is late notice from management but Kageyama won't be participating in the tour for academic reasons. This is what happens when idols are as good in school as she is I suppose. Disappointing but she needs to keep everything balanced I suppose... She will be at the handshakes at least.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    • Like Like x 5
  5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Wow. What a shock. I've been thinking about her because of a group photo taken at the time they did the MV. It's all of them in formation in that road, and way at the back, peeking out around other members, is Kage-chan. I thought: I'm disturbed that Memi didn't get enough screen time in the MV, but at least she's near the front, and there's the highly talented and popular Kage-chan way in the back. What must her fans feel about that?

I never expected her to take a hiatus, but I wondered if being crammed back there might have made her depressed about her future. As she says in the blog post, she is a worrier. Without the clear prospect of front row appearances, the school option might have seemed more attractive than it had before. If she just made the decision very recently, her position in the formation was probably decided before she made it.

She's in first year, I believe (correction: actually second). Third year is the most critical year for college entrance results. That suggests to me that there is a possibility she will be gone for a long time. That last bit about fans remembering in the back of their minds that someone called Kageyama Yuuka existed sounds pretty ominous. She says this is the first time she has made a life-decision for herself. I hope it's true this is all her decision, but I expect her parents might have been on the side of school.

Go for it, Kage-chan. Soar at school and maybe you can come back soon to soar with Hiragana. She must be a really top student. She mentioned last weekend that she came first in Japan in a national practice exam, preparing for middle school.

Great work getting that nice translation out right away, @too much idea.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  6. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    @ukifune Pretty sure she's in 2nd year, like Techi and Memi.

7. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

i lost track of how many members taking hiatus these day but i wish Kageyama best of luck in school and will wait for her comeback in the future:)

@too much idea thanks for your blog translation :worthy:

8. plus1plus1

plus1plus1 Kenkyuusei

I'm feeling pretty terrible and this new song I feel made it worse.

I don't think it's that. She got 3rd in handshake sales. I'm sure management has made her aware they recognize her capabilities. It's just that the group is getting really busy and she has a chance to get into a very difficult school. Entertainment industry is not a good choice compared to that. I'm sure she'll be back though. Then we can worry about her immediately graduating then I guess.

9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@plus1plus1 -- You're probably right, but she's had top handshake sales for a long time and still finds herself back there, so I wondered.

10. plus1plus1

plus1plus1 Kenkyuusei

@ukifune
    That's a valid concern.

The rumor is she's in one of the top high schools in Japan. One attached to the University of Tsukuba which is one of the top 10 universities in the country. If true, there would be a lot of pressure to make it into that school. She said before she seriously wants to become a doctor. It will leave a lot of wotas hurt but I feel this had to be done.

We often read that Kageyama is smart or good at school but perhaps it's been a bit undersold exactly how good she is academically.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  11. plus1plus1

plus1plus1 Kenkyuusei

@sukki
    Well I'd rather give someone the benefit of a doubt and just respond only to what they write. Not everyone will appreciate Kageyama's approach I'm sure. But that's why idols are so fun to follow. You always find someone special to you. And part of that is seeing something in them other people do not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. plus1plus1

plus1plus1 Kenkyuusei

That's fine and I'm happy to hear she's your oshi. I really hope she does well in school and comes back to all of us.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I'm perhaps the only one who's happy with Kage's choice (and Aoi as well).

As fans, we want so much support and cheer our oshi that from time to time we forget they actually have a life and dreams and ambitions that do not involve idol world, or that evolved as their careers proceed.
    As much as I support people like Kawaei or Rena who seem to have a bright present and brighter future (cross my fingers) in entertaintment world, I still think every girl should have a plan B, and if that involves academic studies, even better.
    They are women in a man world after all, more weapons they got, the better they can surivive it.

So, best of luck to our Kagechan!!! And I'm even willing to forgive and forget her for wearing my football archenemies (but sort of cousins) uniform :fear: [hehe]

@sukki you may want tag the person you talk about lol

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  14. plus1plus1

plus1plus1 Kenkyuusei

Wow Kageyama is aiming for Tokyo University even! She wants to become center in 2019. I'll be waiting.

15. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    I bit late to reply, but it is possible that this decision was made well in advance, and she was placed in the back in anticipation of not being able to participate in major events anyways (no point in being in front when you can't be there anyways).

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@Project2035 -- I thought that a possibility, too, but in her blog post about it she says: "活動休止の発表をさせていただく直前の直前まで、これからどうするのかなかなか自分の中で決断できずにいました。 Up until just before the announcement, I couldn't decide myself what to do."

17. hmmero

hmmero Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Risa & KAWADA₍₍ (ง ˙▿˙)ว ⁾⁾
    Twitter:
    horimeiko
    I agree with project2035 judging by her blog i'm sure she already disscussed this matter with the management earlier and all that was left was when should they announce it, yet she was still uneasy about her hiatus decision.

For me, her being so far at the back in the formation doesn't make sense since she is one of the most talented and popular hiragana member. The management believes in her too and she gets good push. She had good amount of screentime in the mv too.. that's why i believe her being in the backrow of the formation had to do with her hiatus similar to how imaizumi being in the 3rd row

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. plus1plus1

plus1plus1 Kenkyuusei

It seems Kageyama is not going to stop updating her message. That should be interesting... Maybe not as often though.

19. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    What @hmmero said is possible.

It is also possible that management knew she was having a hard time deciding, and chose that position as an indirect way of telling her to focus on her studies.

20. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

That would be a wonderful thing to do. She's clearly a very top student, with a decent chance of getting into one of the very top universities. If she can do that and still come back to K46, either occasionally or permanently, that would be great. Does this management do things as nice as that?

Of course, you both remind me that what is said publicly and what is going on privately are often a little (or a lot) different. It's logical that management knew she was not likely to be able to give full time to K46, and was keeping her well-known but not up front.