1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kageyama Yuuka (Kagechan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 Graduated Members' started by ForrestFuller, May 11, 2016.

1. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    this conversation is interesting because I just posted an interview with Kageyama and Kakizaki on my blog that's titled "this century's impact pair" which might hint that the author (or management who gave them the pair to interview) thinks the two are future double-center material.

you can read it here (in Japanese, sorry, I'd love to translate it but I don't have time these days :cry:)

[​IMG]

2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Fascinating interview. I'd love to translate it, unless someone else wants to. The more we can learn about these two the better. I think they are the future of Hiragana Keyaki...at least. Kage-chan is so amazingly capable and active, mentally and physically. Memi has "it."

EDIT: Kage-chan published this pic in her blog today:

sub-member-6464_jpg.jpg

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Now I've translated the interview. You certainly get a feeling of how much Kage-chan knows about soccer. She's a real fan, maybe even to the point you could call her a soccer otaku, and says sensible things about her team and the game. But her real contribution to the group, besides her performance, could be an ability to llift the mood and get everyone up and going.

EDIT: I've also translated Kage-chan's blog post in honour of Memi's birthday. She also mentions that at school today she scraped her hand and bruised her foot playing basketball. Not being careful enough, she says.

4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Kage-chan kicks soccer to the curb. Fashion photo from new Overture magazine. Sasaki Kumi, Kakizaki Memi, Kageyama Yuuka.

C0RqxBQUAAAeuTg_699sharpen.jpg

Full-size photo (as full as I got it from Twitter, anyway) in the blog.

5. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
  6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Hustle Press has just posted a solo gravure of Kage-chan. They teased it a couple of days ago with her 24-hour schedule: for each member, they ask her to lay out what she does in the 24 hours of a day off. They posted Kage-chan's ahead of time, without saying who it was. Japanese fans ended up guessing correctly, lol.

She says she sleeps nine hours, from 10pm to 7am; spends three hours in the morning studying; spends four hours, from 2 to 6pm, going window-shopping alone, or just doing this and that; spends an hour and a half in the bath, from 6:30 to 8 (the interviewer thought that was a long time); then watches anime, or YouTube, or reads manga or books, or talks with friends, until ten. This was enough for the Japanese fans to pick Kage-chan as the most likely subject. The window-shopping surprised me a bit.

She is the second-youngest member of Keyakizaka46, about a year younger than Hirate and about six months older than Kakizaki Memi, who is also 15. So far, her image is centred around her love of soccer and her intelligence: she seems to be the most mentally active of the Hiraganas.

hiraganakeyaki_13_21.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  8. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    Kage-chan is looking better and better now. Recent posts with her let down, and abit of makeup and lip gloss, shes starting to look more and more like an idol. Her smile is great, but her :O is absolutely adorable. Currently taking lot of photos with Sasaki Mirei, its nice to see them all close. I hope she gets more screen time. Or at least gets to talk about soccer on the radio or something

9. Anni48

Anni48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
  10. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    http://www.soccerdigestweb.com/news/detail/id=22341

Kage-chan is interviewed by Soccer Digest and given the catchcopy "アイドル界最強のサッカー女子!/ Idol World's No.1 Soccer Girl!" which is really nice and should surely attract soccer fans attention

11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

It's an excellent interview. She says she likes the Hiroshima Sanfrecce team because the whole team is involved in the match. And she actually selects her personal top starting 11 for the team from its whole history, giving reasons for each choice. She says she was in her mother's womb when her parents went to a Japanese national team match at the Sydney Olympics, and she has been surrounded by soccer enthusiasm from birth. She says that the team-play in soccer is like the teamwork aspect of Keyakizaka46, with everyone knowing their role and working together, as well as being individuals. At the end of the interview she makes a pitch for soccer fans to follow Hiragana Keyaki. Sharp as a tack.

22370_ext_01_1.jpg 22370_ext_01_7.jpg 22370_ext_01_3.jpg 22370_ext_01_5.jpg

12. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    I really like how she likens soccer team to Keyakizaka. A soccer fans who happened to read the interview might get curious and checks out how this 'idol group could have a soccer team-like teamwork'

13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I couldn't resist. Here's a full translation of the interview with Soccer Digest. I'm no soccer expert, but her knowledge certainly impresses me. Interesting ideas about soccer, and about how teamwork is important in both soccer and the idol world.

I have sometimes felt that, as much good as her identification with soccer is doing her, it has a downside, too. She can give a somewhat masculine impression that may not help her popularity. But I was happy recently to see someone saying she has a lot of joshiriki, "woman power," which refers to interest and ability in things like fashion and makeup and cooking. She was one of the few Hiraganas who made Valentine's sweets.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Kageyama Yuuka blog post about her appearance on KeyaKake Sunday night.

She was so depressed watching it that she cried. She thought she was nervous and un-cute and bored everyone to death. Poor Kage-chan. So smart and active and such a perfectionist. This is what happens when management limits your appearances so much that each one seems do-or-die.

Personally, I came away from the show much more a fan of Kage-chan's than I was before. I got to "look her in the eyes" in a way, and got a good feeling. Her mind is light and quick and so are her movements. Quite lovely, really. Not masculine at all, the way her love for soccer made me fear.

She wants to improve her ability to say things in ways that people can take them in. That's good, but I think she and management may have to conclude that loving soccer may be good for her image, but the amount that people actually want to hear about it is limited. When the feature was that she attended opening ceremonies for high-school soccer, even I got confused.

keyakake2_1b68325219ece36f9554bda17f021-650x488_FLIP.jpg

This is a pic of the group before the recording. They were all extremely nervous, says Kage-chan. Katoshi lying slumped on the desk is hilarious.

15. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    [​IMG]

couldnt resist. shes growing on me. it was really sad to see neru stop her from talking. I guess she felt hurt that someone stopped her but also felt bad because she might be boring people. personally, talking passionately about something you love is nice to hear. whether i relate or note.
    keep on training, Yuuka!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  16. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

well that's was a cute reaction from Kageyama eating sushi with wasabi. imagine if they let her do a spicy challenge in Keyakake?
    i hope Hirakeyaki will appear on Keyakake more often this year

17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I'm still lukewarm, but she's definitely growing on me. I think she's just so smart and active and talented that she will find ways to grow and grow as an idol. And she's learning how to be prettier, too. Her reaction to the wasabi seemed artificial to me (not faked, just managed), but it was still great.

As for Hiragana on KeyaKake, "more often" isn't enough for me, lol: I want to see them every week, as a normal part of W-Keyakizaka -- whether any of them are in the main senbatsu or not. I think 32 members on the show is manageable. Even if they're just there for reactions, it's okay.

18. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

well its going to be challenge for HiraKeyaki to show up every week in Keyakake. I think they should let HiraKeyaki have their own show like Nogiten.

19. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    I'm ok with Hiragana hijacking Keyakake for several weeks, it'll give Kanji a rest they needed though not much

20. C-rulean

C-rulean Kenkyuusei

I love to see keyakakke with all 32 members cuz the show isn't Kanji keyaki's..

Sent from my Lenovo S960 using Tapatalk