1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kakizaki Memi (Memitan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 Graduated Members' started by ForrestFuller, May 11, 2016.

1. MysticInstinct

MysticInstinct Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Recently her winks are KO-ing me a lot..
    The growth of her is so visible and happy to see her shining.. I hope she controls her affection to other members to a limit though it's cute in its own way :3

EDIT : I am so awwww when she admitted that she is gachi koi about Techi:^O^:[hehe]:blush:... But still Kyonko calling techi as "Hirate-san" ... Still there is a distance between kanji and gana..

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

This bothers me a lot. As does the distance between the Hiragana 1gens and 2gens. Doesn't seem healthy to me. Very early on, all the Kanjis decided not to use honorifics and not to take much notice of differences in age. I think that's important to the Keyaki spirit, but it isn't present in Hiragana.

Memi has shown up at the handshake event currently going on at the Big Sight in Tokyo in cosplay as a "kyonshi キョンシー" or Chinese zombie 殭屍. But she is apparently just extremely cute and not scary. The character comes originally from a Taiwan movie series starting in the 1980s. The second movie is on YouTube. This trailer for a revival might give the best idea of things. Memi has said that she and her family watch horror movies together.

Here's a report from the event. Guest: "After that last handshake with you, I felt pain in my chest." Memi: "That's...it must be! Love-sickness!" Guest: "Really? How many weeks will it take to be cured, doctor?" Memi: "It lasts forever (wink)." Guest: "Ohhh! Lol. I love you!" Another post said that she is doing a lot of staring at people, holding them with her gaze.

Memi says she has finally seen Hirate's film Hibiki, that it was very amusing (omoshiroi "funny/interesting/enjoyable"), and that Yurina was both cute and cool. She plans to see it again.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MysticInstinct

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    How about watching it with Techi, Memi?

I really want to attend her handshake event but I don't have financial status of myself and I am young and moreover I don't have a passport!

After seeing the Twitter post, Memi has toned a lot.. She looks beautiful but I am concerned about her health.. Two consecutive stage play is tiring to hear..

But the way she pushes herself is also admirable..

And Memi should stop winking otherwise I will get tired of it(i doubt that).. Those winks are bad for my heart... I had to control myself as I was watching the GanaOshi at classroom..

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi gets yet another item of clothing from Neru?
    [​IMG]

MILKFED. Neru and Memi are actually pretty close, I think. They were double centres when Hiragana started, and Neru has always been a help for Memi. I believe Memi said on the YuuPara radio show with Kyonko that she had taken Neru mushroom-hunting.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi still hasn't posted pics of herself from the weekend handshake event...but Neru and Mao-chan have taken up the slack in their blogs:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Neru has put another version of the first pic in her Message, as well.

Last weekend's Hiragana Oshi included some hidden-camera shots from a dressing room. No-one has mentioned it yet, but it included glimpses of Memi in some street clothes we hadn't seen before, a grey-striped dress with lingerie over it (click photos to enlarge):

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The style is fine, but the backpack and the sloppiness of the way the chemise hangs don't look great in these little photos. Anyway, is Memi maybe going too wholeheartedly in the the direction of seductiveness? For me, her open gaze is more important than the seductive wink (which has proved so popular, lol).

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

A couple of notes:

-- Friday was probably the first day of rehearsals for Zanbi, with members of Kanji and Nogi (Memi's blue team includes Katoshi; Sugai and Akanen; and Kubo Shiori and Umezawa Minami of Nogi). In mentioning it, Memi sounds excited to get going on another drama. The last one brought her to the attention of MadoMagi fans; this one will do the same for fans of Kanji and Nogi. Ota report that Umezawa-san is also a fan of UVERworld, like Memi.

-- Memi's latest fad is sudoku (!) She may be an "average" student, but math is one of her best subjects.

-- Memi's last blog post was over a week ago. She isn't posting much on Message, either. All the photos of her handshake outfits last weekend have come from Neru and Mao-chan and Take. I'm hoping for more, but Memi seems to want to concentrate on lessons and rehearsals and life, rather than posting a lot. It seems to be working for her so far this year. Maybe that concentration helps.

-- I'm hoping Memi's relative silence means that big things are brewing for her and Hiragana. Will there be a Keyaki single before Christmas? Might this be the time for a double A side? In any case, the silence about a single makes one think that big things are happening behind the scenes: regarding Hirate, regarding the new members.... Some people even think that a full shake-up of membership in Kanji and Hiragana is in the works. And the time for bringing out a new single this year is getting shorter and shorter.

-- Hiragana has a couple of fairly big events coming up, at Budoukan with Kyary Pamyu-pamyu next week; and another event ("Livejack") in late November. When these were first announced, in June or so, they made me think something special was planned for Hiragana in November.

-- Hiragana is one of the performers being featured on the Mezamashi morning TV show on Friday morning as performers to keep an eye on. The show starts soon. Commenters on the story wonder if something special will be announced, or if it's just the Budoukan event triggering this.

-- Summer Station Live, from mid-August, and featuring Hiragana, will be broadcast on TV this Sunday.

EDIT: I don't know about Memi in particular, but it has been announced on Mezamashi TV that Hiragana has a new single (one song, as far as we know) that is the theme song of a new campaign by the Mechakari clothing rental service. Silent Majority fulfilled the same role in 2016 for Kanji Keyaki. The MV has been directed by the director of the Silent Majority MV. A CD will be given free to anyone who signs up for the service (a monthly fee for renting all the clothes you want, up to 3 items at any one time). No word yet on how (or if?) it will be sold publicly. I'll post this in the Hiragana thread and discussion can continue there. The song is called "Joyful Love" and here's a still:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

From Manafi's blog:

[​IMG]

One comment called the photo: "Cinnamon French bread." One of Manafi's nicknames is Cinnamon, after a cartoon character; "French Bread" (Furansupan) refers to Memi (who loves French dolls) and Mirei (who loves bread). They look so relaxed, especially Memi and Mirei. I think Memi looks great in this photo. (click to enlarge).

The photo seems to have been taken at the park where the outdoor part of the new MV was shot. It's a strange park outside Tokyo. There's a pic in the Hiragana thread.

I have to sigh at the fact that the 1gens and the 2gens still seem to stick with their own group.

Lots of appreciation for the MV in the Memi web. Many people like the water scenes.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

A couple of blogs confirm the observation that the members were lined up in order of height, and the colours of their dresses followed that pattern, too, with each member in a slightly different colour, moving along the line from short/violet through red-yellow-green to tall/blue. Here's another photo of the group at the pool:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

From Kyouko's blog:

[​IMG]

Kyouko says her shade of shocking pink was the closest to Memi's, and Memi was also just one step taller than her. She says the water in the pool was cold, and even though they didn't actually get in, sitting on the side they got half-soaked.

Here's a shirt made and posted by @smanriii on Twitter. The kanji read "Memi":

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. MysticInstinct

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Who else agrees that Memi is just getting more beautiful? I can't take my eyes off her as I watched that Mechakari CM..

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Of course I'm not going to disagree. I think her growing confidence is the key. I'm not sure what happened, except time, hard work and success, but she seems so much more sure of herself and at ease. I'm tempted to think her relationship with Techi has gotten closer and more equal. And she is evidently spending some time with Neru, which can't hurt.

The new "trailer" for the CMs shows her really intense in performance and relaxed and funny outside of that. (I posted some stills in the Hiragana thread). This calm, open, funny, slightly overbearing Memi is who I thought I saw under the surface in the auditions over two years ago. Only now has she gained enough confidence to be able to bring this self out into the public eye.

In her Message today she posts a pic of arms around her waist and says they belong to Akanen. Reminds us of Christmas 2016, when Mona, Hirate and Akanen each embraced her. She was so excited for the first two that her jaw started its quivering. Only Akanen did not get her to quiver, lol.

Memi isn't posting much, even in Message, but the slack has been taken up by Nibu-chan (and Keyaki no Kiseki):

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Memi and Nibu were part of a group of Hiraganas who spent time Sunday staffing Lawsons stores in Sendai, as part of the continuing LawsonsxKeyakizaka advertising tie-up (Sarina, Memi, Kumi, Nibu, Miku, Suzu, Manamo). Japanese comments dream of having Memi heat up purchased food for them, lol.

Check out the trailer for the new CMs here.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. MysticInstinct

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Definitely I am glad that Hiragana are getting chance to prove themselves and confidently Memi is taking this chance and showing her capabilities.
    I am so proud of her..:cute: Lawson pictures are so ..:cry2::cry2::cry2:

12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Some shots of Memi from Friday night at Budoukan:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]  [​IMG] [​IMG]

Note in that second-last shot how neat and perfect Memi's pose is (click to enlarge). Her hand is at exactly the right angle in her lap. I see that in a lot of performances: Memi seems close to exact in her movements, as far as I can tell. Note also the member second from right in the back row. People are asking: where did Hiyo-tan's legs go? Finally, note the way the wide-angle lens makes people at the edges of the frame seem so wide.

Memi did post a pic of herself in the Budoukan outfit today on Message, but she hasn't posted to her blog in almost 3 weeks. Hard at work on something: school? music? drama? life?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Iguchi Mao blog post with many photos of Memi. Memi was apparently a bit troubled by being called a "burikko" (a girl who fawns over guys to get them to like her). Mao explains why she thinks Memi is a burikko, and I explain why I think she isn't.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. MysticInstinct

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Lol! She is natural, Mao..[hehe] Memi-sama's natural beauty is what fans like about her (well i do):cute: But 100 points for that wink!

15. Xanthon

Xanthon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanakamiku
    New memi fan here. Just went on a hiragana oshi binge and fell in love with the group after learning about them more than KEYABINGO 4.

Memi is so perfect in that she's cute, slightly burikko but is in fact very mature.

16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@Xanthon -- Good characterization. Early in her time with Hiragana, everyone described Memi as both the youngest and the most mature member of the group.

On Hiragana Oshi this week, they divided the group into two teams for a cook-off. Each team member cooked for three minutes, then the next member came in to continue. It was a riot. This week's team was headed by Takemoto. Next week's team is headed by Mirei and includes Memi, who started to cook a bit for herself a few months ago (omu-rice, very plain-looking lunch bentos).

Here's an animated gif of Memi's rather extreme little promo for the next ep:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  17. MysticInstinct

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Definitely Waka-chan asked her to do the burriko character. [hehe] its gonna be a blast i guess next week GanaOshi:^O^:

18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

With Memi not posting much these days, other members are picking up the slack: thank you, MeiMei!

[​IMG]

I have to say, Memi is just becoming more and more beautiful as time (and make-up?) goes on.

EDIT: I'll add a couple of things I just came across. First, this matrix of Mao-chan's pics of Memi from Twitter (click all photos to enlarge):

[​IMG]

Next, also from Twitter, these two matrices of members of Kanji Keyaki, apparently the result of a search somewhere. The list includes both early exits (Harada Mayu and Suzuki Mizuho). And it also includes...Memi.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This is likely just the result of some bad coding, but I have to admit that if there ends up being some shuffling of members among Sakamichi groups -- and Keyaki groups in particular -- Memi going to be with Yurina and Neru has crossed my mind. It seems highly unlikely. Memi has worked very hard for Hiragana over the past two-plus years. And her style seems better suited to idoly idols than to unsmiling idols. In a way, I wouldn't want her to choose to be with Yurina rather than considering her own career first. But management might want to get another friend of Techi's in the group, to encourage her to stay. And I always remember this image from the time of Futari Saison; Memi fans identified the three glass marbles as Hirate, Neru and Memi, and called them the heart of Keyaki:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi blog post: Happy Halloween, acting practice, not enough Takase. She says that for Halloween, if we don't give her candy she will play tricks on us in dreams. On Message she warned us not to throw pumpkins, that it's dangerous. Memi's humour is usually surreal like that.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Kumi has been doing her part, posting another 1-1/2 pics of Memi:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Look closely in the middle of that second pic (click all photos to enlarge). And here's a pic from Katoshi, who says that the director of Zambi asked them to look at two horror movies for research. Horror can be funny, says Katoshi. Katoshi, Memi and Sugai are all on the same Blue team for the play.

[​IMG]

This is Memi's first blog post in almost a month. She usually posts around once a week, but it seems to me that when there is acting afoot, she tends to concentrate on that totally...which makes sense for a real actor. A couple of Japanese posters have suggested that she has had exams this week and last, as well. Not sure.

By the way, Memi's post just went up about three hours ago. Hot off the presses.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. MysticInstinct

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    But other members are doing great job in helping.. look at those pics! It's so adorable..:blush::cute:

Memi, ganbatte with Zambi!