1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kakizaki Memi (Memitan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 Graduated Members' started by ForrestFuller, May 11, 2016.

1. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi will have her first personal Showroom since last summer Saturday 15 July at 5pm.

She got the ball rolling with a blog post yesterday complaining about Kumi not paying her enough attention and always talking about Meimei. People started talking about a Hiragana relationship chart... (Sorry, no translation yet.)

I thought she was a treat with the others two weeks ago, quiet but very present and involved, communicating with the camera well. And clearly a year older than the year before, quite relaxed. Living as an idol in Tokyo may do that to you. Now how will she run her own show?

She will be preceded by Takemoto, Katoshi, Kumi and Kyonko, a half-hour each beginning at 3pm Japan time. Good run of Hiraganas a few hours ago that I was unable to watch. Now we get to know them better.

Good reviews of Memi's fairly prominent role with the Hiraganas in the final ep of the drama. She has expressed interest in acting, and it looks as if the powers that be agree that she has some talent in that direction. So do I.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  3. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Ears!! First post, not a fan yet of hers but I like her ears.

4. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Looks like Memi's wearing a retainer , seems to be a fair amount of orthodontist work going on in Keya.

5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Yes, it looks to me as if her teeth are being fixed. I just hope they don't fix them too much and take away her vampire fangs. She has said that her friends often call her a vampire because of her odd teeth, but that she likes them that way. But even I agree that a bit of tidying up in there was a good idea.

I was away and now am catching up with three Memi blog posts:

1. Princess Cake -- about a Swedish cake she likes at a coffee shop in Tokyo. I've found a recipe, and it looks complicated but delicious: a sponge layer cake using cake flour and almond flour and encased in marzipan. Yum. Memi also ventures into relationship games, saying she is jealous because Kumi is always paying attention to MeiMei and not her.

2. Showroom -- About Memi's more-or-less solo Showroom Saturday afternoon. She wishes she had remembered how to do one and says she and the fans will have a better discussion next time. Technical problems made it hard for her to see the audience's comments/questions. In the sho, she is asked to talk about Techi, and talks about going to eat with her and having ice cream first -- since Techi wanted to eat it right away -- and pasta afterwards. She called Techi "cute."

3. KeyaBINGO -- She says she has long wanted to be on KeyaBINGO and that the recording was enjoyable, and asks everyone to watch.

mobXnRGH6_FLIP.jpg mobHaDOXV_FLIP.jpg tumblr_ot4vj4hO8p1vlp6rao1_1280.jpg

6. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi apparently broke in unannounced to one of Kyonko's Showroom sessions (video) and got a cold response from Kyonko. Memi came in and played hide-and-seek behind her for a few seconds, then grabbed her shoulders, at which point Kyonko said, "Don't touch me! No, really, no!" and twisted away. When Memi had gone, Kyonko went into a bit of a tirade against the way Memi comes up and hugs people. She said Memi isn't really "S," the way it has been said, but when she hugs you it feels pretty S (~sadistic, aggressive).

We learn that Kyouko is a person who likes to control her surroundings and gets very upset when the control is broken...somewhat loses emotional control, in fact. She seemed a bit apologetic for that, at the end. And we learn (if we didn't know already) that Memi loves to play and loves to hug people. And can be insensitive to what they themselves want. Maybe like Neru, she's a bringer of life -- whether you want it or not. I resent Kyonko making such a big deal of this in public, but Memi should have checked whether Kyonko wanted her to break in. Memi may like having others come in, but Kyonko clearly doesn't, and says she told that to everyone.

Maybe Kyouko posted this pic of the two of them together as a bit of an apology for saying too much:

mobgg459H_FLIP.jpg

As in the still from the little video, Memi's recent habit of hiding at the back of others' photos makes her seem like a zashiki warashi, the mischievous spirits that can hide in houses and play tricks on their inhabitants. Last summer, when someone said on Showroom how nice she was, Memi cautioned them that she has another side to her. Are we beginning to see the full Memi?

It seems as if Memi is really "feeling her oats" recently, is happy and exuberant and feels strong. But I guess she has reason to be happy: the national tour. The drama. KeyaBINGO. The new album. Showroom. Getting used to life and school in Tokyo. Yurina. More lives. Now another gravure...

I wondered if Yurina was happy to accept Memi's hugs, and it appears so, since Mii-Pan said on KeyaROOM that she sees them hug when they meet.

@CutePanda -- I smile every time I see your new avatar. Rainbow panda.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  8. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

@ukifune thanks for the compliment and when i saw this week episode of Keyakake....i knew i had to change my avatar [hehe]

this version of Sawabe-San was acceptable by Suagi and Kumi :lol::lol: take it up another notch would be disaster [hehe]

i think Memi didnt know Kyonko's preference and i guess she could double check with Kyonko next time before jumping to her SR.

9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Sorry. More to say on another topic, and I'd rather just say it semi-privately here than on Twitter or in the blog. On KeyaROOM, Neru said she met Memi's father, who clearly doted on her. Katoshi said they had the same face. Memi has said that's what people say, but she doesn't see it herself. Neru said she fell in love with Memi's father when she met him. I think Neru and Memi may have had the same experience of being close to doting fathers.

There are a few Kakizakis in their home town in Nagano, one of whom is Kakizaki Junichi, a fairly well known modern artist who works mainly with flowers. He has had exhibitions in Europe and also does floral settings for concerts and events. There is another Kakizaki, with whom he is associated somehow, who runs a florist business. (And another who runs a liquor shop.) Here is a pic of Kakizaki Junichi (now age 46, but younger in the pic). Is this Memi's face?

o028202821273872249859.jpg

Could just be a more distant family resemblance. The Kakizaki clan comes from that area. Big earlobes are similar. I've always been told that big earlobes are a sign of good fortune.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Does this mean the two don't have "the same face"? Lol. I think the facts that Memi's name means "flower" and that both he and the florist are connected to flowers, suggest that one of them might be related to her. Lots of Keyaki fans are interested, anyway. A number follow his twitter. He said he went gathering mountain herbs a few days after Memi said she went with her father, in March. Personally, I think there is some resemblance, but not enough for any kind of certainty. The idea of being the daughter of an artist also makes sense, since her elder sister is also interested in art, and Memi joined the art club to follow her.

12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi blog, getting ready for the Fuji-Q Highlands outdoor one-man live.

masshiro_moboaSlT0_FLIP.jpg masshiro_mobgqUeDI_FLIP.jpg masshiro_mobVfvXgs_FLIP.jpg

Memi blog: "My oshis are Kiku-chan, Shida-san and Yurina!"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Kakizaki Memi blog: Keyaki Republic 2017. Memi had fun, too. Hiragana only did three songs, but she hopes people were impressed enough to want to go a stop on the Hiragana tour and check them out. She included this photo of herself with Higashimura Mei. Wow. Memi suddenly goes from cute to beautiful:

[​IMG]

Memi was also prominent on KeyaBINGO 14 hours ago. The Hiraganas had to dance continuously for an hour. The effort involved was impressive and they all looked good (especially Memi). More photos here and here.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Another post relating partly to the FujiQ live. Mainly a little story about spoons, but she mentioned enjoying the roller coasters, so I looked into the two at FujiQ and give some of the impressive details.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Friday post (posted Saturday morning) about seeing her beloved UVERworld on M-Station (so kakkoii they upped her heartrate) and the handshake event Saturday (continuing as of this moment).

[​IMG] [​IMG]

17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Here's a full translation of the much-anticipated interview from the September BUBKA magazine, where Memi tells about her relationship with "Yurina": Yurina and I.

[​IMG]

Thanks to @too much idea for the Japanese text. She has done her own summary/translation, which is here. I just wanted to do a full translation as part of my Memi archives, which is there waiting for the day when more people realize how interesting she is. Lol.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Notes from the weekend handshake event: much-posting otaku falls for Memi.

The story I like best is that when he and a friend were hanging around outside Memi's area after a handshake session had ended, she kept peeking out at them from various places, taunting them in a little game of hide and seek. That sounds like Memi, lol.

19. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Techi on radio with Memi (8-4-2017)

lol at the #AishiteruGame [hehe]

if the video does not show watch the video here

Memi looks cute
    [​IMG]

source

fanart

[​IMG]

source

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  20. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Here's my translation of Memi's latest blog post, the one with her wearing her new mint-green glasses. Not much to the post, actually. But the radio show is terrific: so easy and natural. They really do sound like friends. Nice to hear Techi teasing Memi (who does a lot of teasing herself, I believe).

Here are photos of Memi in glasses, going back in time from left to right:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]