Kakizaki Memi (Memitan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 Graduated Members' started by ForrestFuller, May 11, 2016.

1. Keyaki4lyfe

Keyaki4lyfe Kenkyuusei

Ehhh... what about koike? She look cute with her penguin(?) outfit

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

2. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Memi slayed this episode of Re:Mind. Truly good!
    I hope this drama will open outside drama doors (and stage plays perhaps, but those I never can watch anywhere) for hiraganas.
    For being their first production the girls are doing fine and way more than fine in some case.
    This said, Memi is growing a lot lately, but I hope she'll mantain those qualities that aren't always positive... finding a good balance between maturity and be a spoiled princess would be good for her, I think.

3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Strong Memi:

[​IMG]

4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

In her blog, Ushio Sarina talks about Memi's injury. "On our last day of roller-skating practice, during the last check, Memi fell. Asked, 'Are you okay?' she answered, 'I'm fine!!' with a smile. But just to be sure, they said they'd take her to the hospital. We kept on with our lessons. While we were still there practicing, Memi came back wearing a cast. I burst into tears and couldn't stop crying. I remembered how Memi looked saying we would definitely make a success of this live, and my tears flowed even more."

It's an irony I just realized that in their song Soredemo Aruiteru, the lyrics include the lines:

Life is a thing of falling down
    And of rubbing a scraped knee
    But no matter how many times I have to get up again
    I will still keep on walking.

The word 転ぶ korobu "fall down" is the same word Sarina uses when she says Memi fell. Life often imitates art. And Memi is imitating the song, first by falling, then by getting up again and going on.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I will leak a bit of Message to say that Memi seems quite right in spirit. She says she wants to go and see snow back home in Nagano. And she says she wants to go to Chinatown (Yokohama) with 2gen Kawata Hina, where she hears the restaurant ShanShan (香香, probably a knife-cut noodles and Sichuan and medicinal food restaurant that is shown on the Web as having closed) has been reopened.

I grew up going downtown to school in a big city, and loved exploring the town. I can remember how great it felt to be 16 and free to roam wherever I pleased. Roam on, Memi.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  5. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    These girls are amazing. They're so strong despite their seemingly delicate features.

6. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

fanart of Memi from RE:Mind

[​IMG] [​IMG]

source

7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Results of the past week's handshake sales have been released, and Memi is finally totally sold out, having sold the last of the 22 handshake sessions she had available to her. She missed out on a 23rd, which was for Yokohama in November. Her 22 sessions puts her at the same number as Kage/Takamoto/Katou/Sarina/Higashimura, and two behind the Hiragana top seller, Kyonko. But it took her a while. This is by far the highest number of handshake sessions she has had yet, however: she sold 12 of 12 for Fukyouwaon.

I read a tweet where someone said he really wanted to meet Takamoto, but he was now very interested in Memi and wanted to meet her, too. Too bad it took a broken wrist to get some people to notice her.

Also, the Hiragana 1gens will be doing SHOWROOM sessions over the next few days, looking back on Re:Mind (final two episodes on Netflix today). The full schedule and links are in the Re:Mind thread. Memi and Manafi are slated to be on together on Saturday evening, probably at 7:30 (Tokyo date and time). More Memi:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    (l-r) on stage at the tour final, with Aoi and Fuu-chan at the zoo (KeyaKake episode).

8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

For me, this is a big day: Memi has in fact awakened as an idol. I have always hated that way of putting things, but there is nothing else to say after last night's amazing SHOWROOM with Takase Mana, coming quick on the heels of her masterful performance in Re:Mind 10. On SHOWROOM, Memi was lively, direct, quick, funny, relaxed, and fishing non-stop with a range of idol come-ons: winks, blown kisses, peace signs, puffed cheeks, and zukkyun shots at the audience, all carrying both serious intent and a touch of irony. These are exactly the things she blushed and giggled at when she was asked to do them a year and a half ago in her auditions. And Memi, as Japanese comments said, was super cute from start to finish.

But the great thing to me about it is that she was still herself: still seeming real, as if she was not faking things (although playing around a lot); still showing her thoughts on her mobile face; still able to look straight into the camera and make direct contact with the audience; still maintaining her calm and slightly superior attitude. Memi never has the begging expression I see in a lot of idols, begging the audience for its favour. Memi lays herself out there and expects to be appreciated. Her world subsumes ours, lol. Here's the show:

if the video does not show watch the video here

The fact that I'm a fan of Memi's should not allow me to obscure the fact that Manafi was at her very best, too. She kept the pace going when MC Memi was watching the comments, and she contributed her own "surreal" (Memi's word) comments. And they said they will do this again soon: this was Memi's SHOWROOM slot, next will be Manafi's. This is a natural radio team, for sure. They can keep each other's pace and mesh well.

The Memi I saw last night was exactly the Memi I have expected since her first audition SHOWROOMS: she seemed then an uncertain middle-schooler, but I could tell that among her own friends she had to be a ringleader. Now Memi has enough confidence to be herself at this level, at least with Manafi. This comes after a successful national tour; an overwhelming performance in Re:Mind; surviving her injury with flying colours and increased support; and perhaps most of all, after having lived a year in the big city.

She tells us that she is totally genki except for her wrist, and that the cast could come off in (I think she said) 2-3 weeks. She was thrilled that it didn't hurt at all now. Manafi commented that Memi is just too strong.

Memi revealed that she went with Tomita Suzuka to an UVERworld live, I think to report on it. A post suggested she even looked a bit like Paripi, and this show made me realize she could end up being able to maintain Paripi's kind of comic patter.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

11. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Lol. [excuse]I was busy and couldn't get to them until now. [/excuse]

13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

New blog post: Merry Christmas (plus Idol & Read photos). There's also a short video on Message I can't post here that is one of the most moe things I have ever seen, of Memi wishing us Merry Christmas, in English, in a sweet, hesitant voice. Acting, yes, but so very effective.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

There's also a video here of Memi at the first Makuhari live, giving more of her appearance than I've seen before.

14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi blog post: Happy New Year 2018, thanks for our support. Her cast comes off.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I know Memi is cute... but these pictures are amazing... super cute!

16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@Obelovic -- I have a feeling that the tour and the drama and turning 16 -- and the broken wrist, and maybe the arrival of the 2gens -- have made some kind of difference in how she approaches her job. She just seems more active and confident and intent on things now. And maybe even cuter, if that's possible. She has always related directly to the audience, but now she is willing to wink and puff her cheeks and do lots of very friendly-seeming idol fishing. She would never have given us that dogeza bow before. She laughs and seems a bit ironic about the winking, etc. But maybe this dogeza is more serious. A real thank you. She's a friend of Techi's, but their attitudes toward fans seem very different.

She appears to have gone back to her home in Nagano for a few days. On Message, she says she woke up Wednesday morning to a blanket of snow. And she posted a pic of snow in which she had written: "#masshiro" (#マッシロ), the "pure white" from the drama. All the Hiraganas seem to like that word.

By the way, keyakizakamatome.tumblr.com has returned to its previous high level of activity, and is a great source of photos of members, especially from magazines. I'm looking for Memi's interview from Idol and Read #13 (she writes that she said things in it she hadn't talked about before). If I can get the text, I'll translate it.

EDIT: It appears that January 4 is the 47th birthday of Kakizaki Junichi, the well-known "flower artist"/"environmental artist" who is probably Memi's father (images).

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  17. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Looking forward to more members photos! They're great!

18. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I doubt any othe idol can afford to be like Techi with fans, no matter how much cute they are.

Memi did really seems to have grown up a lot as idol though, but more so, she seems to have found a balance between who she is and what she does. I find it quite charming.

I think - and hope - the drama will always be an important memory for Hiragana as group (I'm truly happy they made Re:Wind with 2nd gen in) and a good start for everyone. Can't wait to see Memi in some JDrama

Thankfull for every translation and for the pictures. A Memi fan art is due from some time now :cute:

19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi blog post: Snowball fight in Nagano. Pics with a relative's dogs.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

@Dill -- Fan art, you say?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The first by @t_n_k_46, the second by @nekomimimode1.

Right from the time of her audition, Memi said she was looking forward to handshake events and to meeting fans. And that doesn't seem to have changed, from handshake reports and anything else I've read. She's an attention-loving "kamatte-chan," for sure. An individual handshake event is coming up at Makuhari on Monday. And then there are three more on the 13th (pairs - Aichi), 14th (individual - Aichi), 20th (pairs, Osaka) and 21st (pairs, Makuhari).

20. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    that was fast. Next time I'm gonna ask you for her autograph lol
    She's the cutest, and that photo with the dogs is just... :cute::cute::cute:

Waiting for HS reports then:chuffed: