Kakizaki Memi (Memitan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 Graduated Members' started by ForrestFuller, May 11, 2016.

1. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Next time I'd appreciate a warning before to be killed :cute::cute::cute: [hehe]

I approve the PB at 20, but wouldn't be surprised if it happens sooner.

2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Here's a current photo of Memi's possible papa, modern artist Kakizaki Jun'ichi:

[​IMG]

He's on the right, in case you couldn't guess, lol (click to enlarge). He just posted this on his Twitter, showing himself at the WINGS exhibition of artist Sasada Yasuto, who works entirely with 0.3mm colored pens. Sasada-san also works with fashion designer Yohji Yamamoto. I look forward to seeing Memi try some of Yohji's rather mature designs.

Junichi-san stopped using his Twitter for a while after Memi-otas started following it, but he has started up again in recent weeks. Some nice photos of sakura and natural scenes. Junichi-san works largely in flowers and other natural objects.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  3. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

@ukifune thanks for the update and nice to konw Memi dad (Junichi-San) is active on twitter :)

4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I imagine Junichi was taken aback when Memi's fans started following him, and pulled back for his own and his daughter's sake. But perhaps he is now used to his daughter being a celebrity, and he realizes it can do some good: he gives his fellow artist a bit of publicity here. If I were in Tokyo, I'd be going to the exhibition before it closes at the end of the weekend.

5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Great shot of Memi in this pic of Memifi from Manafi's blog for 8 April:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Looking at this pic, I was thinking that when the members have Starbucks brought in, it's going to be all frappuccino all the time. Although Memi claims to drink black coffee....

By the way, @Dill, I'm waiting to see that romantic drawing of Techi-Memi in this thread, lol. To tell the truth, I'm hoping they will be going to school together again this spring, and will become closer again. We may never know, though: they were amazingly closed-mouthed about it last year.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  6. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I love how "drinking black coffee" (or pretending to) is still used by young people to show how "adult" they are all around the world (and usually shows the exact opposite.. all around the world lol)

@ukifune for some reason your notification didn't show up... even the forum is against me posting that drawing [hehe]

I obviously share your hopes, but yeah, Techi has never been into sharing and Memi seems to respect that, except she gives us some info from time to time (thanks)

I can't wait to see what they have planned for this play.. if we ever get to see it :cold: but I though they were reharsing it separatedly?

7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi blog post: Stage play, Hiragana Oshi TV, photos. Nice post. Gives a feeling that she is up for things and raring to go. She's not posting much to her blog, but I guess she's concentrating on the play, and maybe on school.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The middle photo is a screencap from the first episode of Hiragana Oshi. The caption for the third photo, and the name of her blog post, is "Tooth!" I explain in the translation. The middle photo is from when she was told to say Kasuga's age in English, and was easily able to do it. She mentioned in the February Showroom that she did well on her English exam. I've always thought she had good English pronunciation, ever since she said a few words in her audition Showrooms. Not as good as the overseas-returnee Manafi, but good. I liked the way a Japanese poster said they liked it when Memi had that self-satisfied smile on her face. Me, too, lol.

And I really liked it that Manafi was able to show how good her English really is on GanaOshi. What a contrast with her tongue-tied performance talking with Sugai on KeyaKake. Manafi lived in England for four years, ending in middle school, and her English is fairly fluent.

@Dill -- I doubt we'll ever get to see the stage play, except for little bits. But hope springs eternal. Since it's a real theatre, perhaps there will be outside reviews to read, anyway. And I doubt we will ever know as much about Memi-Techi as we (and Memi?) want. Makes me think of Mon and Oda, lol. How come two of my favorites both seem to be in semi-unrequited relationships? (My long-time oshi is Suzumon, but I probably really have four oshis: Mon, Memi, Techi and Neru.)

Can't even get that drawing in by reducing the size? Lol. I enjoyed it, anyway. Thanks for tweeting it. (I use Imgur to make medium-sized thumbnails of photos, so readers can see something reasonable and then enlarge it to full size. Imgur's "large" thumbnails are still small enough for the forum rules to accept.)

8. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I was positively surprised by her english. And more so by how talkative both her and Manafi were. I truly enjoyed GanaOshi 1st ep, especially because with people like Memi there's the chance she'd keep too much quiet.
    It seems that all she tried and learn in SR is giving results, though.

Her good english also means there's the chance she'll talk well with foreing fans, which is always a plus... for us :chuffed:

@ukifune Memi is for sure the chaptain of this ship, but Techi is no Oda (thank for small favors), she's just shy, and focused, and super reserved, and who-know-where-right-now. I keep thinking is good for her to have someone as interested as Memi is.

Here we go... thanks for enjoying it :chuffed: but not exactly my usual style lol (The thing one does for their chosen pair....:^^;:)

2.jpg

9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I enjoyed reaction in Memi's thread on 2channel, so I've made a post of some of it. Nothing raunchy, just some fairly perceptive positive comments.

And if anyone is still surprised at her easy conversation, have a look at the Memi-Fi Showroom from December 23 (subbed in English).

@Dill -- Thanks for posting the art. I also enjoyed your DeviantArt pages. Memi and Techi are both 16-year-old idols, but otherwise so different...or are they? Maybe Techi will settle down and Memi rouse up this year, and they will become more similar than they were. Memi's acting may show she has expressive power, too.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  10. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    @ukifune it's not "Tooth", but "toose", a command or word that an American Football quarterback said, when he ask the ball from the linemen (center) when the team start the offensive play position. And, Kasuga is also former Amefuto player, so it has connection here with his trademark pose. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I'll rewatch Memifi SR as soon as I'm home, meanwhile thank you @ukifune for your appreciation and for the blog.
    Bonus: now I know why my twitter TL is full of kurumiyubeshi in Memi related posts [hehe]

I read some of the first pages of this thread yesterday and you hypothesized that Memi would become what Techi is for Kanji. It was 1 or more year ago and things went in different directions, but it feels like Memi is tracing her own path towards her dreams and in doing so she is sort of leveling the differece between her and Techi. (As in.. she isn't anymore the unknown most young member of the "sister-under" group and Techi the Superstar she can't reach) I'm cuorious to see both of them on productions unrelated to keyaki though. Drama or movies.

Do Memifi plan to make more SR soon, or we'll have to wait after the play?

12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Thanks. Toose!

@Dill -- Memi said at the end of the 22 Feb Showroom that they would do another soon. Still waiting, lol. Manafi did a solo not long after that, I believe.

Here's a picture. The idol interwebs are getting interested in Techi-Memi since Memi mentioned the kabe-don.

[​IMG]

Pardon me for hyperventilating, as Memi may have been at that moment.

Here's the clip that's from:

And this is also part of the scene:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

After that entertaining performance on GanaOshi, now this, from Manafi's blog:

[​IMG]

They look like a comedy duo. Manafi is wearing a jacket of Memi's that she's not wearing any more, since she got the other colour. Now they sort of match, Manafi says.

It sure looks as if Memi has got the bit between her teeth and is beginning to run. A couple of posters like this photo so much they have made crops:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And then there's this:

[​IMG]

"Handsome!" ... "Really?"

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi blog post: Magazine feature with 2gens; dreaming of the sea.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi blog post: Lady-Apple, handshake with Miho, concert delay, new tour...plus photos.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Can I wish for more Memi-Miho interaction? :fear:
    Also, I like the look in Memi's eyes lately. She seems more sure of herself and her qualities. There will be moments in which that will change, life requires so, but it seems to me that she's growing and she's aware of it.

17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Agree completely. I'm coming to like Miho more and more, especially when I saw her trying to protect both Hiyo-tan and Toshi-chan from the wrestler last week. I see Memi, Miho and Nao together as people with self-control and ability, and each with a different style. I still don't get Nao, but enough other people do that it doesn't matter, lol.

Certainly Memi seems to have grown a lot this year...since the broken wrist? Yes, her eyes show something positive, and she acts so much more positively, but I also see the first hints of the normal fear that sits behind many idols' eyes (it seems to me). Toshi, Kumi, Kage, Sarina, etc., etc., even Ayaka, all seem to me to have fear in their eyes quite often. There is plenty to fear, so that doesn't seem inappropriate. But Memi's basic calmness is, as she says herself in her GanaOshi questionnaire, one of her strengths. I have always also felt Memi was actually pretty smart, within limits, and maybe it's true. I think management likes their top idols to be smart enough to have good judgment.

I was disappointed that Memi had to drop from the bar, but second is pretty good, too, and Nao said she was getting close to her limit as well.

By the way, someone said on twitter (I think) that they happened on a Hiragana photo-shoot involving Memi and Mii-Pan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

from Bingo Preview

Miho challenge Memi on arm wrestling in next week
    [​IMG]

fanart
    [​IMG]
    source

19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I and everyone else would expect Miho to win at arm-wrestling, but they both have muscles in that screencap, lol. The key is apparently whose grip is higher on the other's thumb...which would appear to be Miho.

20. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I'd be surprised if anyone can beat Miho... let alone Memi lol
    Memi did pretty good in last Bingo episode, she never conceal herself or shy away from spotlight. It really seems she set her mind on reaching stardom as soon as possible. And with every necessary means.
    Good things, I think the whole group is stepping forward, which can only make them stronger.