1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kakizaki Memi (Memitan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 Graduated Members' started by ForrestFuller, May 11, 2016.

1. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MysticInstinct

MysticInstinct Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    First time here! Nice to meet you all
    In the showroom it seems that someone asked Memi whether she would watch Techi's movie.. She replied that "I will definitely definitely watch it, though I told her that I want to watch, she(Hirate) said to stop it as it was embarrassing" so cute..

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

3. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    welcome @MysticInstinct :chuffed:
    Saw it.... personally I'm pretty sure she'll just bring (her girlfriend :fear:) Techi home to watch it together and embarass her no stop [hehe]

kidding kidding ( :fear: )

• Like Like x 1
  4. MysticInstinct

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Fans will be jealous and curious to know if that's gonna happen[hehe] Btw your keyaki oshimen is same as mine! :cute:
    From kanji it's Hirate and from Hiragana it's Memi :inlove:

• Like Like x 1
  5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Sorry I haven't been able to translate blog posts recently. Memi posted a few days ago just to mention her magazine gravure with Mirei, including the first photo, and there are now many more great shots appearing, from mags and KeyaBINGO, etc.

Dgm2CW1UYAAQe3z.jpg Dgn2H7KUYAAav-d.jpg DgnrEF1XkAMXR__.jpg Dgnuec1X0AAgY_F.jpg Dgh6QAPUcAA1UVE.jpg DgnCvOuVMAAGGMB.jpg Dgnuec4WkAgkV7Z.jpg DgnnPtNW0AI-Hyb.jpg DgiNvcvVQAE8Z7U.jpg DghRiLNUEAEpSGB.jpg Dgm5qU2VQAAKz84.jpg Dgn8Q0bUwAARtHT.jpg DgokbLkU0AId5q3.jpg DgokbLnVQAEo9ic.jpg DgokbLsVMAAKzeY.jpg DgpWN7ZVQAAmvaj.jpg

The shot with "100" on it and the shot of her writing just blow me away. On second thought, a number of these pics are amazing. Click to enlarge. Please.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    The one in yukata playing pool is truly nice, but the others are good too :cute: especially those close ups with the pois dress.
    Your translations are always appreciated @ukifune but take your time too :chuffed:

7. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Memi and Techi on D side...... am I too happy for this?
    Those two.....:cute:

8. MysticInstinct

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Eh!? Nani? Is it about the 7th single? Nani? Senpai! :confused::confused:

9. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I haven't listened to all of the radio show yet, but Neru asks if Memi drinks orange juice for breakfast at hotels (when out for work with the group), or maybe milk. No, Memi drinks coffee. They laugh about the fact that she seems more like a milk kind of person. Memi repeats the notion that she drinks her coffee black. Memi sounds so much more confident than she has in the past. But she is still that calm and soothing young character. And a bit proud of herself, like her look after saying "I am 16 years old" on GanaOshi. Memi's voice is sounding a lot like Neru's, to the point that even a Japanese commenter says they sometimes can't tell them apart. I think they have been spending quite a bit of time together recently (Neru said recently that she has passed on to Memi more of the clothes she no longer wears), and Memi may be soaking up some of Neru's speech patterns.

That second photo posted above by @CutePanda.... On second thought, both photos. Neru looks happy, too.

11. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi blog post from 24 June: Gravure with Mii-Pan, plus more photos and videos, including photos from the awards ceremony where Mirei, Memi and Kyouko received the award from the Japanese music service Rekochoku for being the most popular debut group on the service in the first half of this year.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi and Mii-Pan "infiltrated" the Kanji 2nd anniversary live as reporters, and their clip of several minutes was shown on the 46SHOW (AKBSHOW) that just aired. Memi was fantastic. She spoke up efficiently, but she was also very real. She cried a couple of times, big pearls of tear rolling down her cheeks. Especially when they were watching Kanji perform. She said afterward that the performance moved her, as well as reminding her of her own worries. She said it made her want Hiragana to be more together in their movements, as Kanji is. And she wanted it to be a group people would look at the way they looked at Kanji. Maybe she was also thinking of her own current struggle to move forward, and maybe she was thinking of Techi being absent for the show.

It was funny to see her interviewing Takahiro, shy and hesitant to get too close to him, lol. But with her eyes wide open, drinking in what he said and looked like. This a double-speed version on YouTube. (You can slow it down on-line, but that didn't work for me. I downloaded it and ran it half-speed in Pot Player (any other good video player would work, too). The full version, at the proper speed, is now around on bittorrent. Some caps:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

They were especially interested in watching Aoi-chan practicing the Saison dance she did there. Memi has said elsewhere how impressive it was to see Aoi practicing in front of a mirror, and practicing right up to the last minute.

A Japanese commenter said that he expected this just to be a report, and instead it is a video he will treasure forever.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi's excited to return to Makuhari Messe, the tour performance she missed in December because of her broken wrist, for "revenge":

if the video does not show watch the video here

Makuhari Messe is in Chiba, but so close to Tokyo it really counts as the group's "home ground" for handshake and performance. The final Hiragana tour performances will be there Monday and Tuesday.

Here's the message Memi wrote at the time of Budoukan, which was her first revenge for the broken wrist. This time, she is actually back at the venue she missed:

[​IMG]

The meaning? "Makuhari revenge!!! My hand moves. Kakizaki Memi." Her arms certainly move a lot in the video above, lol.

EDIT (cross-posted from the Hiragana thread):
    In Message, Memi asked that people use the following call during Oide Natsu no Kyoukaisen, which she has said is her favorite song, possibly because of the "oide" ("come") refrain

"Bou-chan (i.e., Iguchi Mao), Kikuchan, Kyonko, Sarina, Toshi-chan, MeiMei, Manafi, oTake, Miipan, Kageyama, Ka-ki-za-ki"

(The "Kakizaki" is just for this call. In ordinary calls, she says being called "Memi-chan" is good.) A report on 5ch says that the audience's attempt to do the call fell flat at the first concert. Maybe at the second on Tuesday evening?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

A poster on Memi's support thread on 5channel (the longest of any Hiragana) says this photo is "the ultimate weapon":

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi 23 June Showroom, subbed in English.

In the video she tells us not to use the name Snow Princess -- then realizes how much people like it and backs off a bit. At first she said it was part of her "black history" (dark past).

Complimented on her singing, she says she's working hard at it. This is the show where she says that when she tells Techi she wants to see her film, Techi gets embarrassed and tells her to stop. But she says she's going to see it, for sure (of course).

There's a slightly clearer version here (.mkv file).

EDIT: Here's a new radio show with Memi, Mii-Pan and Nao:

if the video does not show watch the video
    here

EDIT: It may be wishful thinking, but I can see those three in the middle of the front row next time. They have been showing up together occasionally, and all three present a calmer, sweeter side of Hiragana, so if that's what management wants...two 1gens and one 2gen, two young members and a member on the cusp between younger and older.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

In her radio show with Neru, they had a routine cooked up where Neru asked Memi about her love of aromas, and led her to talking about people's smells. She quickly went to how nice Neru smelled, and at the end of the show she said Neru smelled "light purple." Sounds nice. Someone on 5channel now says that Manafi has said Memi smelled like vanilla (and did not use perfume) so her colour should be white. Memi's chosen penlight colour is "pearl green".

EDIT: This part of the show has been reported on in Yahoo entertainment news. Memi said that it wasn't that she smelled the aroma from Neru's hand when she held it, but that she herself tended to get physically close to people, and greeted Neru with a hug -- that was when she smelled Neru's odor. And she enjoyed smelling Neru on the clothes Neru gives her. This seemed to embarrass Neru, maybe just from the excessive intimacy of it all, or maybe because she it showed didn't wash the clothes before giving them to Memi, lol.

This physical closeness is so natural to Memi, but has put off other members like Kumi and Kyonko, who feel it as an attack and have complained not just directly to Memi, but apparently to Management, too, at least in Kumi's case. Maybe the physical Neru can take it, lol. It has been said in the past that Memi greets Techi with an embrace, too.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  19. Navicon46

Navicon46 Kenkyuusei

Kumi complained to management about Memi?

20. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

That's what I read somewhere recently, I think in a Memi discussion on Twitter or 5ch. It's not certain, but it wouldn't surprise me. Kumi and Kyonko both have gotten really upset at the way Memi charges into people and cuddles them (or in Kyonko's case, tickles them). Memi complains that she loves Kumi but Kumi won't look at her -- and that's obvious from body language and other things. Memi also invaded a Kyonko Showroom, against her express wishes, a year ago or so. Kyonko is a real pro who plans everything and seems to get upset when she can't keep a situation under control. And Kumi may feel even more responsibility for protecting the members she thinks need protecting. I sympathize, although I regret that Memi's instincts seem to have been thwarted, and she now has declared she will try not to bother people so much. But I think that's hard for her. I've said before that Memi's vision of the group may be like a big litter of puppies who should all be tumbling around together. My sense is that most of the other members don't find that as nice a vision as she does. From the outside, though, I love to see Memi as the unpredictable Miss Natural, creating a bit of disorder.