1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kakizaki Memi (Memitan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 Graduated Members' started by ForrestFuller, May 11, 2016.

1. Navicon46

Navicon46 Kenkyuusei

I remember the Kyonko showroom which just seemed like Kyonko overreacting. Just surprised Kumi felt the need to complain management. I wonder if Memi was reprimanded for workplace harassment?

I'm imagining Kumi and Memi as kids in the back seat of a car and Kumi's like "Stop touching me! Stop touching me! Mgmt, Memi won't stop touching me!"
    Then Memi puts her finger right in front of Kumi's face and is like "I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!"
    And mgmt's like "Both of you be quiet or I'm going to turn this car around!"

• Like Like x 1
  2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Lol. I hope that's what it's like. But this fun life for them is also serious business, and Memi is actually rather an obstinate and persistent person, as she has said herself. And she is strong.

A couple of things I came across today: Memi was mentioned in Nogi 3gen Sakaguchi Tamami's blog. After a pic, Tama-chan says: "Hiragana Keyaki's Kakizaki Memi ♡ Actually, we're in the same year. (;꒪ö꒪) No matter when, she's always cute. I often find myself following her with my eyes. \\\(۶•̀ᴗ•́)۶//// I hope someday we can go out together ♪" Here's the photo:

[​IMG]

I believe that there is a certain high school that a lot of idols and other young entertainers go to, since it arranges flexible schedules and tutoring. Maybe Tama-chan, and Hina-chan, Techi, Paripi and others may go to that school (or some other similar school) with Memi. Tama-chan is about a month older than Memi, having been born in November 2001.

In other news, Memi, Mirei and Nao will be on another radio show together, FM Osaka's 「LOVE FLAP」. They're just on for the last half-hour of the show, which goes from 11:30 am Monday to 3:50pm. Nao is from Osaka, and Mirei from somewhere in the same region. I'm wondering if they recorded this at the same time they were on another Osaka radio show last week.

[​IMG]

3. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I think the thing about Kumi complain to management, staff precisely, was mentioned in one of the last season Keyaroom episode. When they get the same room at the hotel, Memi always glued herself to Kumi. Then, Kumi asked staff to not give her the same room with Memi next time. And, staff did what she was requested. Memi said that she was sad with that decision. But, apparently, Kumi accept her and say it is okay to share room.

4. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Mirei's from Hyogo, like Koike.

5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

That LOVE FLAP Osaka radio show was basically not much. They were just on for five minutes, and played Kitaishiteinai Jibun. But Memi was given most of the lines, to explain the appeal of the album. She said there were 18 new songs and she thought fans of various genres would be fully satisfied. And then she laughed. She also did little announcements about a promo for people in the Osaka region. Now I'm sure it was recorded when they were there before, since it just seemed dropped into the show. Here's the link. Their part is from 46:43 to 50:18 or so. Terrible sound.

I think Mirei recently said her mother was from Kobe, which would likely mean she went through the disastrous earthquake there in 1995. That's in Hyogo, but I'm not sure if they have actually moved back there. I don't think so. I think they're in Hyogo somewhere closer to Osaka. From something she said a few months ago, I think Koike lives near Kobe. But I'm not sure of details for either of them.

Just watching Memi and Kumi when they are together, I intuit continuing difficulties. Just an impression. Could be wrong. Could also be right. Memi keeps mentioning how much she loves Kumi and how disappointed she is that Kumi doesn't seem that friendly.

Seeing Memi off working with Mirei and Nao, and being given the mic and handling it capably, I continue to think management may have plans for the three of them together. I got a similar feeling from seeing Memi with Mirei before the album came out, and that proved right, so I'm hopeful. I definitely think management is thinking of Nao as centre, either now or soon. But they thought of Memi as centre when they chose her and may want to continue to push her, if she can show enough skill and presence (as I think she is now doing) -- if not push her for centre, at least let her get a bit closer. Maybe a last chance, since there are so many attractive and talented members among the 2gens. Toshi-chan is great as both singer and dancer, but keeps slipping into that nervous face that looks angry. Kyouko is highly talented, but they may think of her as dependable rather than as centre. Not sure. It surprised me when Mirei was made centre over her, much as I appreciate it now.

Other things gleaned from here and there: people comment on how white Memi's skin is in various photos, and on how nice she looks totally without make-up in the photo with Tama-chan. If true, that could suggest Tama-chan took the photo at school. That school apparently has no dress code. Or they met at a Sony building. Handshake guests also mention how small Memi's face actually is. This, like pale skin, is thought of as beautiful in Japan.

A line from Memi during the MC part of the final tour concerts at Makuhari is doing the rounds among Memi fans. Kumi asked her how her arm was (after breaking it before Christmas) and she replied: "Kakizaki 100%." That can just mean "Kakizaki is 100%," but it seems also to refer to a sake company at the town of Kakizaki in Niigata, on the Kakizaki River, which makes a point of only using the good water from that river: "Kakizaki 100%." The river and the town are actually not that far north of Memi's own hometown in Nagano.

Lots of pics of Memi from recent performances, screenshots collated by posters in the 5channel Memi support thread.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

That last one is Memi being whirled around by Hiyo-tan in a Makuhari Hiragana de Koi Shitai, lol. Video at the end of GanaOshi 180716. (Click photos to enlarge.)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I've translated Sanrinsha ni Noritai, the Mirei-Memi ("Memiirei") duet, which is one of my favorite songs on the album -- and I like it even more now that I've spent time listening to it over and over again to do the translation. I've done my best to identify who is singing each line: Mirei, Memi, both.

三輪車に乗りたい || I want to ride a tricycle

アパートの前 端に寄せた三輪車は || In front of the apartment, off to one side, is a tricycle
    (忘れられて) || (Forgotten)

近くに住んでいる子供のものだろう || It must belong to some child living nearby
    (迷子みたい) || (Maybe she got lost)

青い塗料が落ちたのは|| Its blue paint peeling

放置した愛のせい|| It was left there when love was gone
    月日は過ぎる || And the days and nights keep passing
    (わがままに) || (Self-willed)

僕はここだよ|| Here I am!
    (大人になってしまったけど) || (Though I'm an adult now)
    大きな声で || In a loud voice
    (何も変わっていないんだ) || (I haven’t changed at all)
    叫んでるのに… || Screaming
    (そんなの嘘だとバレているよね) || (But somehow revealing that it isn’t that bad)
    思い出に乗りたい|| I want to ride my memories
    小さ過ぎたとしても… || Even though it’s so small

ひっくり返り 雨ざらしの三輪車が || A weather-beaten tricycle, overturned
    (寂しそうで) || (It seems lonely)
    誰かにとって大事なものだったのに… || Even though it was once so precious to someone
    (邪魔なだけだ) || (It’s just a nuisance now)

人間(ひと)の気持ちが錆びるのは || People’s feelings get rusty, too
    しあわせになれすぎて || When they get too used to happiness

普通になるから || And things become just normal
    (ときめきも) || (Though once they were so exciting)

君はどこなの? || Where are you?
    (あれからずっと会っていないし) || (I haven’t seen you since then)
    あの頃のように || I still want to see you
    (アパート引っ越したと聞いた) || (I heard you had moved)
    会いたいけれど|| Just as you were then
    (昔のことなんか興味ないか) || (Do you have no interest in the past?)
    三輪車に乗れない || But I can’t ride a tricycle any more

街の灯(あかり)がいつのまにか点いている || The streetlights suddenly come on
    「もうこんな時間なのかなんて空の気配で気づいて」 || Is it that late already? I see it in the sky
    影法師の長さがなんだか懐かしかった || The long shadows feel nostalgic
    何かに夢中になるっていいもんだ || It’s good, getting lost in a dream

僕はここだよ || Here I am!
    (大人になってしまったけど) || (Though I’ve become an adult now)
    大きな声で || In a loud voice
    叫んでるのに… || Screaming…
    思い出に乗りたい|| I want to ride my memory

(あれからずっと会っていないし) || (I’ve wanted to see you ever since then)
    (アパート引っ越したと聞いた) || (I heard you moved away)
    会いたいけれど || Just as you were then
    (昔のことなんか興味ないか) || (Have you lost interest in the past?)
    三輪車に乗れない || But I can’t ride a tricycle

僕はもう子供じゃない || I’m not a child any more

僕は三輪車のベルを鳴らした || I rang the tricycle’s bell
    I think Aki-P intends the lyrics in part for Memi, to encourage her to grow up more quickly and leave childhood behind.

The more I listen to it, the more I like Memi's voice. She's a beginner, but she can do more with it than I expected -- unless that's the audio-processing, lol. Mirei, of course, is a singer. Memi is there to blend with her, but she adds a lot that way, and when she sings alone, that works, too.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi weeps watching Sugai's version of Fukyouwaon:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Afterwards, through sobs, she says how moved she was to see them overcome their troubles together and produce something like this, and adds that she hopes Hiragana can become people like this, who can convey their feelings to the audience. Memi and Mirei's reportage on the Kanji concert is drawing universal praise, partly because of this sequence. Memi is a feeling person, and her feelings naturally come through.

8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi will be playing the lead role in the new stage-play based on the Madoka Magica magical girl franchise. The play will be based on the spin-off game Magia Record. Here's what Memi's character, Tamaki Iroha, looks like in the game. official site. natalie.mu.A Memi fan has already tried to gt her in the spirit of the role:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Memi has recently said that time seems to be rushing by, and she wishes it would slow down. This may be part of what is filling her time now. I'm hoping for something special on the 7th single, too, but just preparing for Keyaki Republic is probably plenty of work to do.

And here's a game site (jp) with info about the character, including her appearance in different situations. Here's an English-language wiki site with actual info about the story, etc.
    "The main character of the game. Iroha Tamaki is a girl who is looking for her younger sister, Ui, who disappeared at Kamihama city. To cure her little sister's illness, she made a decision to become a magical girl. While she is cheerful and serious, she is too careful about her surroundings. 'Wait for me, Ui. Your big sister will find you.'"

EDIT: To be honest, I'm not sure stage acting would be Memi's forte -- although I have not yet seen her Ayumi performance. I'd expect TV/screen acting to be more her style, where smaller expressions, movements and voice can have bigger effects. But big-voice stage acting is probably what she needs to practice, so we'll see how she does.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The big news for me so far on the 7th single (beside Techi being back) comes in a video extra. The video extras are all pairs of Kanji x Hiragana members. One on Type D is: Hirate Yurina x Kakizaki Memi. No wonder Memi seems happy these days. More pairs.

On GanaOshi a few hours ago, Memi sang the song from the PS game Loco Roco, which she played as a little child. She still remembers the words:

https://twitter.com/kyz_and_men/status/1021075809782468609

They also showed her drawing of the game, made aged 5:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I think management is still pushing Memi, and maybe even a bit more than before: good lines in TV shows and at Keyaki Republic. Giving her a good chance to move forward, before the 2gens crowd in, with all their talent. And it seems to me Memi is responding.

On twitter, @ysnh0220 says that both Konoka and Zumiko have said that Memi is overwhelmingly the cutest member in all of Sakamichi. Has anyone seen them saying that? I guess I agree (without knowing every member of Nogizaka that well), but I hadn't realized members thought so, too.

Someone posted a huge number of caps of Memi in this GanaOshi on Memi's 5ch support thread. Someone else posted: "Thanks, Papa." Memi's father keeps reappearing in 5ch posts, ever since someone who might well have been him posted to support her in the auditions two years ago. People believe he is Kakizaki Junichi, a fairly well-known artist.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  11. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Loco roco soundtrack. :)

if the video does not show watch the video here

12. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi

I have to admit, I had yet to listen this song before today. (Shame on me!!!:oops: )
    I was occupied with other stuff and since Memi is just so cute I feared they would give her some meaningless, overlycute song that would have just deluded me.
    But I'm quietly pleased about how it turned out. I also quite like both their voices, especially now that Mirei seems to have learned to moderate (barely) her vocal power.
    Memi's voice is just perfect for my taste.

This is gonna go straight on my Ultimate PL.. who would have thought?

This said, perhaps I'm just late and you guys already know who sings which part (in which case scratch this) otherwise I think the song parts are different.
    I'd put it under spoiler too. Obiously Uki, I'm using your translation :worthy: and probably making my own mistakes, but it's kind of fun :blush:

MireiMemi - Both
    (I put ? before some part because I'm not so sure they are singing them together. In some moment I'm sure it's an effect.. next time I'm listen to it, I'm thinking they are singing it together :^^;: Can't wait to see them actually singing this now [hehe] )

三輪車に乗りたい || I want to ride a tricycle

アパートの前 端に寄せた三輪車は || In front of the apartment, off to one side, is a tricycle
    (忘れられて) || (Forgotten)
    近くに住んでいる子供のものだろう || It must belong to some child living nearby
    (迷子みたい) || (Maybe she got lost)

青い塗料が落ちたのは|| Its blue paint peeling
    放置した愛のせい|| It was left there when love was gone
    ? 月日は過ぎる || And the days and nights keep passing
    (
    わがままに) || (Self-willed)

? 僕はここだよ|| Here I am!
    (大人になってしまったけど) || (Though I'm an adult now)
    ? 大きな声で || In a loud voice
    ? 叫んでるのに… || Screaming
    思い出に乗りたい|| I want to ride my memories
    小さ過ぎたとしても… || Even though it’s so small

ひっくり返り 雨ざらしの三輪車が || A weather-beaten tricycle, overturned
    (寂しそうで) || (It seems lonely)
    誰かにとって大事なものだったのに… || Even though it was once so precious to someone
    (邪魔なだけだ) || (It’s just a nuisance now)

人間(ひと)の気持ちが錆びるのは || People’s feelings get rusty, too
    しあわせになれすぎて || When they get too used to happiness
    普通になるから
    || And things become just normal
    (ときめきも) || (Though once they were so exciting)

?
    (あれからずっと会っていないし) || (I haven’t seen you since then)
    ? あの頃のように || I still want to see you
    (アパート引っ越したと聞いた) || (I heard you had moved)
    ? 会いたいけれど|| Just as you were then
    (昔のことなんか興味ないか) || (Do you have no interest in the past?)
    三輪車に乗れない || But I can’t ride a tricycle any more

街の灯(あかり)がいつのまにか点いている || The streetlights suddenly come on
    「もうこんな時間なのかなんて空の気配で気づいて」 || Is it that late already? I see it in the sky
    影法師の長さがなんだか懐かしかった || The long shadows feel nostalgic
    何かに夢中になるっていいもんだ || It’s good, getting lost in a dream

僕はここだよ || Here I am!
    (大人になってしまったけど) || (Though I’ve become an adult now)
    大きな声で || In a loud voice
    叫んでるのに… || Screaming…

思い出に乗りたい|| I want to ride my memory

? 君はどこなの? || Where are you?
    (あれからずっと会っていないし) || (I’ve wanted to see you ever since then)
    (アパート引っ越したと聞いた) || (I heard you moved away)
    会いたいけれど || Just as you were then
    (昔のことなんか興味ないか) || (Have you lost interest in the past?)
    三輪車に乗れない || But I can’t ride a tricycle

僕はもう子供じゃない || I’m not a child any more

僕は三輪車のベルを鳴らした || I rang the tricycle’s bell

13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@Dill. Thanks for the effort...and the appreciation. I was just listening and wondering if I'd got the voices mixed up myself. There were some excellently-sung lines that I couldn't believe Memi capable of. But maybe she was. Now I'll find time to listen to it over and over again and try to see if I can get closer. In any case, like you, I was happily surprised that Memi could actually sing this well.

I find an audio clip on Twitter that claims to include only what Memi sings here. Just her voice, with everything around it clipped away.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  14. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Thanks for the link @ukifune I saved it for later because I doubt my boss would appreciate Memi's voice RN [hehe]
    Kudos to the fan who made it though.

Memi is a surprise after another. So far she never disappointed and I know you share my same expectation while waiting for Techi/Memi bonus vid:inlove: personally I feel like I'm ready for this since Hiragana Day1 [hehe]

Edit: Okay.. that's a weird audio [hehe] but useful... he put the parts I wasn't sure about as just Memi's. Still, I'd love to see them sing it. Good song.. and I almost missed it :wall:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Hiyo-tan posts these pictures in her blog and says that she and "Memi-san" have been getting together to do whatever they hear is popular or fashionable. She says she really loves doing this. I'm not sure if she means fashion or music or what.

[​IMG] [​IMG] 

Also, here's the cover and a couple of shots (poster + postcard) from the Entame that's out right now:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And here's what one Memi fan posted on seeing the cover:

[​IMG]

"Brings tears to my eyes." She's growing up, oji-san.

By the way, I continue not to like the way Hiragana keeps age distinction so clear, in the normal Japanese way (i.e., Memi-san). One of the great things about Kanji is that they don't, and address each other as equals. Maybe that will come. But the positive way people seem to respond to the group's formality, and deference to their leader (captain), means this will probably continue. I get the charm of it, but my egalitarian heart rebels.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

7th single handshake sales, second week: Memi sells out 19 slots, leaving her with only one of her total of 24 to sell. This is a huge jump, and makes me hope that more people are beginning to notice her. It's about time, lol.

But Memi is not alone in making a big jump. MeiMei, Habu, Sarina and Akanen are also left with only one to sell. MeiMei and Sarina had to sell even more this week to get there, and Mirei sold exactly the same number as Memi, leaving her with four to sell.

As for complete sell-outs, only Naako managed that in the first week. But these members sold out completely in this second week: Sugai, Kyouko, Neru, Berika, Pon, Risa, Uemura, Katoshi and Mii-chan.

I was momentarily shocked that top 2gens such as Nao, Miho, Hina, Nibu and Miku did not sell as much -- but then I realized that they sold out the 18 slots they had, and have only now been given 24, like all the Kanjis and 1gens. Hiyori is the lowest-selling 2gen, only having sold 2 slots. But the following members have sold out none at all yet: Mao, Nijika, Oda, Fuyuka, Kumi, Shiori, Manafi and Yone. Hard to understand some of those. Just not clicking with the handshake crowd, I guess.

7s_02res_180726.jpg

17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Happy Aura is out and sounds great. Some Memi fans think (not sure on what basis) that it's a FuransuPan ('French Bread") centre (i.e., Memi-Mirei). I don't know if that's true -- some people think they hear Sarina loud and clear -- but in case it is, here are recent photos from Entame. Just the promo photos. Haven't seen the gravure itself.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Plus a shot from Ayumi, which was shown on TV over the weekend and can be found here. You can find the Team Harmonica version on that same site.

And I won't post this directly, since it may come from Kyouko's Message, but check out this Twitter account for a good video.

EDIT: Memi is now by far the most posted-about Hiragana on 5channel (the former 2channel, now being run better). She was only a few hundred posts ahead of Kyouko and Paripi (!) a couple of months ago or so, but now she is over 11,000 posts, while Paripi is at about 8800 and Kyouko about 8400 posts. She first gained her lead during a period when there were a lot of harshly raunchy posts coming in. I stopped reading the thread for a while then, but now those kinds of posts have pretty well totally disappeared, and people are posting like mad, actual support of Memi in her support thread. Lots of photos, including screencaps from all the TV shows and appearances.

EDIT: Memi has posted to Message apologizing for not having posted to the blog. She says she has "Can't-write-blog syndrome," but promises to post as soon as she gets something written. I don't know whether this is too busy or too uncertain of what she writes. Probably both. I don't think she realizes that she herself and her feelings are the attraction in her case, not the inventive bits of this and that that other members can produce more easily. I'm glad she at least feels badly about it, I guess, even though I accept whatever posting-pace I get.

Having listened to Happy Aura quite a few times now, I think it is at least possible she is the main voice, or part of it. Not Kyouko, not Sarina, probably not Toshi, possibly Mirei, possibly Nao or Miho or Hina or Miku or Buu or Konoka or even Paripi (don't know their voices, really). We may find out soon, since they will be talking about Hiragana on the morning show Wednesday morning -- in around 2-3 hours.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Glad to see Memi at least much more featured than in Kitaishitenai, there in the middle area rather than out at the edge. And it's great to see Toshi rise to the level of centre, which is where her voice and beauty appropriately put her.

19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

1. gif from 5ch collating Memi scenes from the MV:

http://i.imgur.com/OyPMAmH.gifv

2. Image from Kumi's blog:

[​IMG]

3. Memi sold out her last handshake slot for the 7th single, ending up being the 13th fastest to sell out of the 36 members participating (Techi, Mona, Zumiko, Aoi and Kage are not participating).

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  20. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi blog post: Thrilled and nervous to get the role of Iroha in Magia Record. Includes some very Memi-esque photos, and I've added photos from the Happy Aura MV and elsewhere.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Here's a photo I just came across of Memi and MeiMei from TIF on Friday night:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1