1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kakizaki Memi (Memitan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 Graduated Members' started by ForrestFuller, May 11, 2016.

1. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Some fine gifs from today's Hiragana Oshi.
    Memi gets the "great good fortune" ticket, giving her first turn to have her fortune told:
    [​IMG]

Things will go smoothly until May, when a rival appears to cause trouble:
    [​IMG]

Manamo says she is Memi's rival. Memi's reaction is so great, tapping her fingers toward her:
    [​IMG]

Memi is told she will have the 12th best fortune in the group this year. "That's pretty iffy," she says.
    [​IMG]

On 5channel, they continue to list Memi's current character-weapons:

regular:
    burikko, pussy-cat, close personal space, doll, English pronunciation, lolita fashion, otaku (anime, idol, game), refuse to lose, twintails, strong determination, close with Techi and Neru, thighs, famous papa, good at acting (singing and dancing also good), fast runner, arm-strength, princess (has a canopy bed), Snow Princess Angel, big ears that stick out, fairy (elf).

in reserve:
    aura reading, rhythmic gymnastics, handicrafts, likes black coffee.

One of her top skills is not mentioned: she can draw well, especially cartoon-like drawings that look like people and have movement in them. This skill has neither been featured nor properly noted on GanaOshi. I'm sure they'll realize their error someday.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Not much from Memi over the holidays, except pics in Message that I'm not supposed to post. A couple of nice artistic shots of her that 5channel believes were taken by her artist father. Could also be by her artistic elder sister, perhaps.

And a shot of "Memifi" in Kyouko's blog:

[​IMG]

This photo with Neru I think is older, but I'm not sure I've seen it before:

[​IMG]

A Japanese comment wondered why her aggressive finger-tapping in the following gif was so complicated. One answer came quickly: "because each tap hits a vital point".

[​IMG]

A couple of days ago, Memi posted one of her brief "I want" messages: "I want to eat ozouni" [お雑煮 a New Year's soup]. A few hours ago, she posted a pic of a bowl of it, with the caption: "I made ozouni!" It's a clear soup (usually dashi broth) with a piece of mochi in it, as well as things like Napa cabbage, mushrooms and thin slices of carrot (those are what Memi's has). There may be some chicken in there, too (there usually is).

There's also this piece of elf-art from Twitter tenpa0726:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

On Message, Memi says she likes the new song by seiyuu/singer Ogura Yui (link to video of song). She called it "cute" and "healing." Comments appreciate "otaku" Memi, who is known to like anime and other idols (particularly °C-ute).

Memi has mentioned liking Ogura-san before. Yuiyui is an extremely moe voice actress who began as a Happy!Style idol and is such a good dancer that her movements (when she was 13) were used as the basis of the Hatsune Miku character's early Project Diva movements. One of her well-known roles is Alice in Heaven's Memo Pad (Kamisama no Memo-chou OP PV). Yuiyui is now 23 and a university graduate. Memi must really like both Yuiyui and °Cute, since neither is associated with Sony.

On 5channel, Memi's support thread is now within 200 posts of reaching 20,000 posts (20 threads). The next highest Hiragana totals are under 11,000, for Kyonko and Paripi. It's a happy and (over-)optimistic thread that is full of support for and enjoyment of Memi. Quotes like: "Memi's ears are National Treasure-level". And "Memi is 'the Sun which never sets'" (those final five words in English). The only down posts recently are worries that her increased popularity will make it difficult to get handshake tickets with her. Here are new photos from Keyaki no Kiseki:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The card with writing says: "Like myself," which refers to going one's own way. Music to my ears. Her calligraphy at this larger scale doesn't seem to me as good as when she writes at a smaller scale.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi blog post: Lots of photos. Taken by her elder sister on a family trip at NewYear's...her elder sister whom she says is the real artist, and who preceded her as president of the art club in middle school.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

EDIT:
    To go with the main Memi support thread there's now a new thread on 5channel called "[semi-pro] Kakizaki Memi's sister's terrific photos of Memi have become a topic of discussion."

Most
    of the comments agree the photos and their subject are excellent, lol. One comment says the photos are too dark (that's art, man). One doesn't like the look of Memi's big smile, showing her gums (an actual problem, if you aren't overwhelmed by the delight that smile conveys). One comment pointed out how close to the colour of the snow Memi's complexion is in some of the photos.

Comments say that only a family member could have gotten such natural expressions. Others say the natural expressions show how good a photographer the sister is. I'd say she's an artist doing photography: the technical details sometimes have slight problems, but the overall effect is real art. Fans are now campaigning for the sister (and the father?) to do a swimsuit-less photobook now.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. otabe

otabe Member

Oshimen:
    soranyan
    what's this legendary snow photoshoot? thank you oneesan :approve:

6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Lots of reaction to the "legendary photoshoot" from Memi fans on the Japanese internet. I've made a blog post translating some of it. Some interesting ideas about the photography, the family, idols having to have a bit of devil in them, etc. And some fan-made covers for a prospective photobook shot by Memi's sister.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Also: I see that there is to be a new Zambi stage play next month, but none of the original cast (including Memi) will be in it. Other members of Nogi, Kanji and Hiragana will take the roles. That gives me hope that Memi will have some bigger acting job to do soon.

Plus: In the fanclub-members-only manager's blog there is apparently a great photo of Memi being embraced by Techi at the groups' new year's shrine visit (hatsumode). Sorry, since I'm not a member, I haven't seen it myself.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    It's enough that it EXIST a picture in which Techi embraces Memi :^O^::^O^::^O^::^O^::^O^:
    I can live with this knowledge even without ever see the proof lol

And I know it's really subjective but winter Memi is my favorite Memi.
    Last year too the pictures were really good
    It's becoming a great tradition to have

8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I've now seen the pic, I believe, and unfortunately Memi is the one doing the embracing. Similar feeling to the video extra.

But there is also this pic from the end of 2016 of Techi surprising Memi by embracing her from behind when they were not really friends yet:

mobtJnGgGresave.jpg

9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi's support thread on 5channel has broken through the 20,000 post mark. Fans are now filling the 21st thousand-post thread.

current 5ch post totals of the top few members:
    Kakizaki Memi - 20,131
    Tomita Suzuka - 10,893
    Saitou Kyouko - 10,676
    Iguchi Mao - 9,638
    Sasaki Kumi - 9.030
    Kosaka Nao - 8,810

This may not be the best way to judge popularity, but the tremendous (and growing) lead Memi has is pretty striking. She at least has fans among 5channelers. And she has a big fan in Takase Mana, who has put another photo of the two of them in her blog. I like the new outfits for performing the song that will be on the new Keyaki single (full images in Takase's blog):

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And I like the new image from Keyaki no Kiseki (above right).

• Like Like x 1
  10. MysticInstinct

MysticInstinct Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I want to see it tooo! Oh well I am happy to know that it exists lol.. :)

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi in fashion magazine bis. I've translated the little feature, with links to shops/websites for clothing items. Plus a brilliant fan-created imaginary subway ad for visiting Nagano to see the "Snow Princess Angel." (click images to enlarge)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. MysticInstinct

MysticInstinct Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Whoaaaa! That's awesome! :worthy::worthy:
    Hail down to the Snow Princess!

13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

To accompany the previous blog post, I've also translated another Memi layout from the bis mag website, posted a week ago.

[​IMG]

Memi posted a pic in Message a day or so ago that ranks up there with her best. I think it was probably shot by her sister, but not in the snow, indoors. It's a dramatic shot with the caption that she has been having nightmares recently. I find it very frustrating that I can't post the photo. All I can do is recommend Memi's Message: she may not post that often (although more this week), but the pics you get are almost always well worth the ¥300 a month. In fact, I think the best photos of her may be from Message.

I will say that Memi posted today saying there was something she wanted to eat, and asking people what they thought it was. It turned out to be "kogomi", which is to say fiddleheads (very young ferns). She also wants to eat miso flavored with the mountain-vegetable fuki (English: Giant Butterbur). The activity she suggested on yesterday's GanaOshi was going to the mountains, and she decorated her placard with drawings of kogomi (circled) and mushrooms, as well as two things that are hard to identify because of the lighting, but one of which may be fuki.

[​IMG]

We have an image of Memi actually gathering a fuki sprout in March 2017, when she was out gathering "mountain vegetables" (sansai) with her father (and sister?):

[​IMG]

She and her sister recently saw Bohemian Rhapsody together, and she says Queen were so cool. I'm beginning to think her sister has moved nearer to Tokyo. She mentioned once before (I think on a Showroom) cooking at her sister's place, and also coming back from "where her sister was". No real evidence, just a hunch. Maybe that has helped her be so much more confident in 2018.

14. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    Memi-chan offshot from "bis" magazine.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi has always used Sony phones, Xperia Z at one point. But is that an iPhoneX (or XS)? 5channel has previously debated whether she has a new phone, and whether it's an iPhone. It's probably her own personal phone, since shots of Kyouko and Katoshi from the same feature show them each shooting themselves with different, personal-looking phones:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The March bis comes out Friday.

Snow is apparently forecast for Tokyo, and 5channel is excited that the Snow Princess has called in snow for her own enjoyment.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    Looks like a Xperia ZX with "anti-crack" case.

17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi has sold out all 12 handshake slots available to her for Black Sheep on the first try. I would be more excited about that if so many other Hiraganas hadn't done the same: Memi, Katoshi, Miku, Hina, Nao, Kyouko, Mirei, Otake, Nibu, Higashimura, Konoka, Manamo, Miho. I guess I'll be excited for all of them.

Unfortunately, Manafi and Mao-chan continue not to sell out a single slot. Kumi sold 3 of 12, Hiyori 4/12, Suzuka 9/12, Sarina 10/12. source

18. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    New picture from "bis" magazine.

[​IMG]

19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

And now there's this pic from bis:

[​IMG]

I think bis style definitely suits Memi, and Memi's own taste, too. Getting closer to a contemporary Japanese "French doll".

From Twitter: Techi's hugs in the Black Sheep MV, and Memi....
    https://twitter.com/satsuki_blue/status/1091240408024154112
    Lol.

I'm imagining/fantasizing that Techi learned how to hug so deeply from Memi.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

More bis Memi, thanks to Yancharu Mei-chan. Photos taken off-camera during the photo-shoot and posted in Higashimura's blog. "This type of Memi is super-kawaii," says MeiMei.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

With Memi continuing to leave a long time between blog posts, Suzuka-chan is also coming to the rescue. She says that people have been sitting on her lap a lot lately. On the day this last photo was taken, it was Memi. Memi looks so self-satisfied there. People say that of the 2gens, Memi is closest to Tomita, Hina-chan, Nao-chan, and Buu. And maybe now Konoka. I don't really know.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 2