Kato Minami (Katomina) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NGT48 Graduated Members' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 8, 2015.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'd like to think she'll rise slowly, but steadily and make her way closer to the top eventually. I hope she really is happy with her result, I wish her a good year ahead!

2. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    I still can't believe Katomina lost to Maho, Gatanee, and FREAKING MIYAJIMA FREAKING AYA.

And it makes me wonder, what will happen to her?? With her dissapointing rank, management will probably neglect her even more. But, management neglecting her in the first place was probably the reason why Katomina ranked so low. Turns out she's one of those girls that have to be pushed to people's faces to mantain her popularity, like Kanon, Miki, Naanya, Myao, etc. On the other hand, even though lots of NGT girls passed by her, she's still one of the 2 NGT girls that managed to rank on Kouhaku Senbatsu and she's still NGT's top3 HS seller. So it's not like her popularity's smaller than Hinata, Moeka, Maho, Gatanee, Miyajima. In fact, her public recognition is probably higher than them.

I hope somehow her dissapointing rank could make management push her even harder. But they'll probably neglect her even more till she can find her own way and stuff. But then they'll probably should know by now that doing that will probably kill Katomina's popularity even more like what they did to Kanon.

3. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    ^ She ranked up lol she did well. Others did better. Simple as that. I'm happy for her.

You know it would suck even more if she couldn't even rank lol since I was worried for her since she didn't even get called in the pre-lims.

At least have a place to stand first, then work even harder next year. That's what I want to see from her. She can do better yes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. naruse

naruse Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    naruse48
    Many JP fans I talked to (and to some degree Minami herself) were actually thinking she wouldn't rank at all. So this is actually a pretty good result. Her fanbase is definitely a lot more casual than those that ranked above her as far as I can tell.

To be honest her handshake is a little bit lackluster compared to others. She's probably not even top 3 based on number of slots sold out. I don't see how she can grow fans organically at the tremendous amount of Hinata/Ogiyuka without either changing up what she is doing now or having a big push from home shop itself. That being said she is definitely growing up and is in a completely mental state compared to last year, where she was always pretty negative about things like ssk and kouhaku prelims. If you read that piece about the staff comments, she's definitely more positive these days and is being more like a leader. In the end she might end up being like captain instead of the ace, which should be fine since she wanted to be Takamina anyways :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  5. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

I feel like Katomina is just missing something, she can only show off her baton skill so much until it gets dull
    when I first saw her with milky, that episode was just awkward, and it felt like Milky just wanted it to be over with

but Katomina does have a long line of weird freakin personality of members that she has to go up against

6. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    I mean, I am happy she ranked in, but the fact that it was still in Upcoming Girls...:( I love that all 4 of my Oshi's made it, but that total voting amount between her and the others...:cry2:

7. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Ayakani's Photolog: https://twitter.com/NGT48_info_bot/status/876319505147863040
    [​IMG]
    Kato Minami, congratulations for the 71st place :XD:<3

Pretty much used @Humbucker translation for Nakai's since she pretty much said the same for all of the girls who ranked in NGT48

Katomina Photolog: https://twitter.com/NGT48photolog2/status/876340471475208192
    [​IMG]

Katomina Photolog: https://twitter.com/NGT48photolog2/status/876412196711940096
    [​IMG]

Katomina Photolog: https://twitter.com/NGT48_info_bot/status/876413891776991233
    [​IMG]

Also Out tomorrow (OVERTURE No.11)
    [​IMG]
    Katomina will be feature in that latest issue.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Here it is, hope it's good enough.

https://news.walkerplus.com/article/112446/
    "To all fans and everyone watching the television right now, good evening. Thank you to all those who voted for me. This time, many members from NGT48 ranked in. Last year, it was only me among the first generation members, but this time we are able to celebrate together with everyone. That makes me really happy. I have one goal in my mind: I want to become an internationally-recognized Kato, loved not only by Japan but also by people from abroad! I got the second place at the Thai Sousenkyo, so I'd want foreign people to love me even more."

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Makes me proud that I put in 5 votes for her! :)

Also makes me kind of sad too, because I and several other people here tried putting together English fan sites for Katomina, but they never went through. The Thai fans are doing a lot better at this than we did. XD I guess I can only hope that I'll be able to show Katomina that she has some love from abroad when I go to a handshake event one day...

10. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Fan sites where? Tumblr? Twitter? I'd definitely be in, but my Japanese is very bad, so I'm not sure how much help I could be, except make edits and gifs of her haha

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk

11. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
  12. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'd be willing to support the Tumblr page as that's what I'm best at at. My 48g centered blog only has 184 followers but I'm not that active on it, whereas my most active blog (for a western girl group) has just hit 9,300 followers.
    I want to see Katomina do well, and be recognised internationally now! I am also willing to re-formate my 48g blog into a Katomina only blog

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  13. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

14. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    I wanted to finish watching her SR first before I posted here. (Just had time now) ^^; First, congratulations Katomina! Good job! :approve: Second, I'm a bit shocked. I was expecting for her to rank up to Future Girls or even Next Girls, so I'm surprised she remained in Upcoming Girls. The bright side is that she assumes that her rank now is a picture of her state now but it's not her potential at its best, so she'll work hard for it.

Among some things that she wants to be challenging is to try to learn as many positions as she can in the new stage, just like KKS's. She knows how hard KKS's work to cover team members even though they don't have their own positions. She wants members to know that to be a team member isn't for granted and everybody should know about it.

Particularly, I never liked orthodox idols that much, so I love Katomina's "odd side" which makes me laugh so hard (her appearance on Niigata Friend was one of the best imo). But it might not be the image that other people must be expecting from her, so I don't know ...

The fact is, she (and her fans) should not be shocked that so many NGT members ranked higher than her. There's definitely something very odd in NGT numbers this year (if other members are so more popular than Katomina, what were their fans doing during NHK Kouhaku?). As Katomina herself wanted to say (I don't remember the exact words), it's better to improve smoothly, step by step, than a sudden jump followed by a fall.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I don't know but I reaaally like when she wears the NGT colours, I think it suits her very much. She looks younger in them than she actually is

17. akiyukofans

akiyukofans Kenkyuusei

It took me several days to sort my feeling about her ranking but as much as i'm glad she ranked, i can't help feeling worried about it.

True, she's building fanbase. But with few other NGT girls ranked above her, and with Moeka and Rika ranked way above her, I'm just afraid she's going to be push back. Heck, she ranked last year but she's nowhere to be seen as NGT representative. And if she is push back, that's going to be a lot of problem for her building fanbase progress.
    Hopefully she won't be Kobayashi Kana 2.0 (original 2nd gen ace but a shadow by the time she graduated)

18. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

19. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

• Like Like x 1
  20. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

• Like Like x 1