1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kato Rena (Renacchi) / 10th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Naomi, Jun 29, 2010.

1. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    The other person is Nozaki Tomoko (野崎智子), who is Filipino/Spanish. And of course we need pictures.

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 3.56.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 3.53.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 3.54.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 3.53.31 PM.png

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Rev4

Rev4 Member

It's blasphemy to see this management not pushing for genuine members who are still there. Renacchi joined AKB48 in 2010 and if she had waited a year she might had get in Nogizaka46 instead. Probably believe the management would have pushed her more there. She is so different from other AKB members and has a personality that fits classy aura you normally wouldn't see in AKB48.

Right now AKS doesn't seems to care. For them it's quantity/safe= money. They are not taking any risks since 1st gen and 2nd gen graduated. You are not seeing experimental songs like Kaze wa and Beginner. Let alone "Give Me Five!" which Aki-P formed as a band as Baby Blossom and this concept was later formed for Nogizaka46 as well (Nogidan). When Acchan graduated Baby Blossom disbanded.

I think with Renacchi being appointed as centre for a A-single would definitely be refreshing and change things up in terms of music style. Some different and very new from all this overproduced pop music we have listened to since fourth album.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    you can't be serious if you think she hasn't been pushed

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    She has been pushed for years !!!
    Somewhere around Sasshi and AnRiRe single, Ikijunashi Masquerade, and it lasted long after.
    Can't blame the management if the public didn't answer the expected way.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Yes Renacchi did get a push. Lots of girls get pushes. But look at what kind of push Renacchi got, and what results she bring. First of all she was in the AnRiRe push, but she was the least promoted of the 3. it's kinda like Mikichan in 14th gen trio or Ayaka in 16th gen trio. the other 2 girls get more opportunities, so of course it took longer for Renacchi to show results, but people always talk about AnRiRe push as if they all got the same amount of push. Not really. still, in the end Renacchi did show results for this push, and not long after it. Let's also remember she was very young at that time.

Now let's look at the center pushes that she got (or more like, didn't get), this matters too because there are girls who have less fans than Renacchi, who were ranked lower, and yet got to center stages, center a-sides etc. as a push. Looking at Renacchi history, the most she got is double center, in total 4. All b-sides, and mostly from the time when she was double center of Team 4 with Yuria. Her first double center b-side was 2013 and last was 2016.

Lastly there's regular senbatsu. Before that she only got in senbatsu for summer singles (big senbatsu), starting from late 2014, she became regular senbatsu and this lasted until early 2018.

Now let's look at her results in elections... First time ranking in 2014 at #32. She went from unranked to Undergirls directly, at that point she wasn't a regular senbatsu yet, and all she had was like one double center song in b-side. Really not that big of a push and yet she jump this high in elections and people keep saying she didn't show results... I don't understand it. in 2015 her rank jump to #28, in 2016 to #26, in 2017 to #21. Some girls get big rewards when they rank this well. Renacchi got to double center Team 4 for b-sides in singles, for 3 songs. if you ask me, this is a nice reward, but not that big. in 2018, she ranked down to #36, her lowest rank ever. it might be because her fans paid for her photobook, it might be because she got nothing special in the 2 years before and less fans voted, it might be because a lot of girls got big jumps and surpass her (well, we've learn some not very nice things lately about how some girls got close to fans to make them vote). all in all, this drop in ranks should not justify being excluded from everything now.

Because she DID show results and she still does...

But most importantly, she does have fans, she even got signed to an agency in late 2017, it shows her potential. She's pretty and fashionable, her image is similar to Kojiharu, she brings something to the group that other girls don't really have. I also think Renacchi's photobook, that she released in early 2018 after signing to her agency, is one of the best 48G photobooks (and I'm not into gravure at all. but she's beautiful and a great model). it also sold the best among photobooks of new gens (this includes Naachan, Juri and other girls). How is she not considered popular? how did the public "not answer"? She brings results in her sales, in her ranks. The weak handshakes doesn't mean everything, Paruru was weak in handshakes too, she was still one of the most recognized 48G members that management would never ignore her. current regular senbatsu members are also not all good at HS, and less known than Renacchi.

I wouldn't complain if management keep Renacchi's position the same as before, basically just regular senbatsu at the back. I think she deserves more, but even if they keep that position, I would have been ok. but dropping her from regular senbatsu completely is crazy, I don't understand the decision. She's still young, she has an agency, she's beautiful, she's popular, her skills got so much better.

One more thing. Another way to see or measure success, look at her followers on IG and Twitter. 168k followers on IG and 242k on Twitter. Keep in mind she never did things like PD48 etc. that would boost her followers from international fans. Her followers are in majority japanese fans. Her photo updates on Twitter get 2000, 4000, 5000 and sometimes more "likes". How exactly is this "no answer" from the public, "no result" or "no popularity"... it's the opposite. She's popular and lots of people write about it when she didn't get picked in senbatsu, she always reply back to make everyone feel better. She has a lot of fans. I have no idea what management is thinking. I'm mostly satisfied with the senbatsu choices and center pushes in AKB nowadays but if there's one thing I really don't understand, it's the exclusion of Renacchi since last year.

Long post but I feel like I had to say it all because of the amount of times I see people saying Renacchi got a HUGE push and didn't show results... She did not get a huge push and she always show results to the different pushes that she got... She doesn't deserve being excluded. So yeah @Rev4 I agree with you.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  7. Rev4

Rev4 Member

With genuine members comes a different style in music. Renacchi would have filled that hole. Aki-P used to focus with AKB48 around the time Renacchi joined the group. Unfortunately for her something started to change when Acchan announced her graduation. The same energy and variety started to fade. This pushed Aki-P to create a new sister group to Nogi who will be the successor of the cool and mysterious side of AKB48. I think the management had issues to find replacement to 1st gen and 2nd gen members who were the face of AKB. As the captain of Keyaki, Sugai, told she admired Takamina because of her cool image and Reika (captain of Nogi) said she will never repeat what Takamina achieved but she will do it in her own way.

When Takamina and Tomochin had graduated the cool and powerful image disappeared from AKB and was reborn in Keyaki.

Members with strong and different personalities are more important than just pretty looks. AKS forgot about that. Sometimes it adds a lot to the group when you get dark horses and oddballs. You get a variety. They are idols after all in the end.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    So Renacchi's SSK and all stuff she got back than isn't the part of push for you? IMO, Renacchi is the most push members for her generation and after until management started to push Miion. Her gory-push can't even compare to Naachan that only get her frontline after her successful SSK (and her first A-side centre after her Top 10 SSK). The only that Renacchi doesn't have is A-side single's centre (and a solo single, cause she's not a great singer).

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@sakusakukamen

I'll reply to your post point by point because there's a lot of of things that I disagree with. This will be super long so I put it under spoiler.

- For Renacchi SSK, I talked about it in the past on this thread and my opinion is still the same. I'm a fan of Renacchi but I find Renacchi SSK useless...I don't see how picking a senbatsu for a song is a push. that's "behind the scenes" work. it's like saying the management and producers of AKB are getting pushed. Renacchi also never picked herself as center (obviously) she was just part of the senbatsu like she is in every other AKB-only b-side, so it doesn't bring anything for her in exposure. She just picked names, it happened twice, and then she also did it for a stage play, where she end up not being in the cast herself I think? what even... is this considered a push for her to have "behind the scenes" work and end up with her name on the paper? People don't really check for this, and you don't get attention and fans from this. Did you ever see someone say "I got to know or learned more about Renacchi because of Renacchi SSK, I'm her fan because of it"... No. even a photoshoot will have more impact on her career.

- Renacchi was not the most pushed member of her generation. She is in the same generation as Annin and Annin had more push. with AnRiRe, it was Ricchan > Annin > Renacchi. Annin got important roles in Majisuka Gakuen and other opportunities. of course after the attack, things became difficult... but up to that point, it was Annin who got the most push for 10th gen. and you forget Miorin (Lemon). She was the initial most pushed 10th gen member, especially for her interesting catchphrase and her unique visuals, she was on Tv and all. She got recognized from this. I would say for the early years, Renacchi was the 3rd most pushed in 10th gen. Once Miorin transfer from AKB to NMB, and Annin was victim of the attack, that made Renacchi become the representative of 10th gen.

- Not sure if you follow AKB enough but there's absolutely no way Renacchi is the biggest push until Miion happened. Other than Annin and Lemon being more pushed than Renacchi at first, other girls got pushed in the next generations. Did you forget Ricchan in 11th gen, a much bigger push than Renacchi... she was even center of AnRiRe. and Juri for 12th gen. the initial push in 13th gen Kaoru but she graduated early. then 14th gen debuted and 14th gen trio is by far the biggest push among all 10th-16th gen until now... and lastly 15th gen with both Naanya and Miion. You might want to look and see how many things all these girls got, it's crazy if you think Renacchi got a bigger push than all of them until Miion. There's no way.

- Naachan did not get a push only after a successful SSK. 14th gen trio got a push since their debut... if you look at AnRiRe, all they got is featuring for Sasshi's single, it was more of an unofficial unit. Meanwhile 14th gen trio got a lot more before getting successful in SSK and their push as unit lasted for years... They got centers in theater, centers of their own team, stage plays with just them, their own subunit with their own songs, their own drama, their own anime, their own variety show, and more individual pushes. when 14th gen push started in theater, Naachan was initially 3rd, it was Mikichan/Kojimako > Naachan. but once their push went out of theater, when it comes to their subunit and after, Naachan went to 2nd position in the trio. Kojimako > Naachan > Mikichan in terms of push. after she end up doing the best in SSK among the 3, Naachan got bigger opportunities like center an a-side. You can't ignore everything that happened before being in senbatsu and a-side center. Lots of things happened before. if I make a compilation of Renacchi's push in AnRiRe, I'll end up with a 3-minutes long video. if I do one for Naachan with 14th gen trio, you can find hours and hours and hours of content.

- There's a lot more things Renacchi didn't get, other than a-side center or solo songs... Btw solo songs have never been about singing skills and seeing who gets solo songs in 48/46, Renacchi would be more than able to have her own... but anyway, did Renacchi ever solo center a song, even in b-side? No. How can you say she's only missing an a-side solo center when she got none of the steps that happen before. Renacchi never got an important role in a drama, things like her own radio show, or a variety show where she can shine (but they did feature her a good amount of time on some Nemousu). She was always at the back in senbatsu. She got a photobook but only after she signed to an agency, so it's most likely from her agency. She barely gets photoshoots before even if she's very pretty. She gets a bit more now, maybe thanks to her agency again, and thanks to being associated to Kojiharu. There's nothing where you can say she got a proper push. Not in modelling (what she suits the most), not in acting (what she could do well), not in songs/singles, not in variety, not in radio... in none of these you can say Renacchi got a proper "strong" push.

I'm definitely not saying Renacchi didn't get a push. She definitely did. but the kind of push she got is not as big as people always say, and she show results for her push each time, again people always say she didn't show results but she did. Your post is actually the exact type of things I always read about and it's false. I think you only look at things from the surface. Like, you said no one after 10th gen got a push until Miion, because she got to center an a-side. and you thought Naachan only got a push after ranking top 10, because that's when she got an a-side center. Maybe you're not aware of all the things that happen. but somehow you consider Renacchi SSK as a push? it's confusing LOL there's a lot more things that happened for 10th-15th gens in terms of push, a lot.

But we don't have to make this a competition of who is more pushed. it's a fact that Renacchi got a push, it's also a fact that she show results to that push, the same way that all the girls I mentioned show results to their push, and all are considered aces of their generations, they all have merits. the point is none of those other girls got dropped of senbatsu suddenly. but Renacchi is. it's not like she did anything wrong or like she lost popularity, it's not like they gave her anything big before 2018 and got no result and thought "ok enough with this". She got nothing since 2016, only being at the back in senbatsu. She still ranked up, she signed to an agency, her photobook sold the most among new gens... but somehow they decided they don't want her anymore? it makes no sense...

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  10. eazxne

eazxne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katorena
    I would like to add something from @Mana's post. We really can't consider Renacchi SSK as a proper major push for her. It was less "ooh Renacchi SSK, it's another great push for Rena", but more "Ooh Renacchi SSK, who's gonna be ranked this year". Yes, it gave her some attention, but the focus wasn't on her, it was on the centers. Renacchi SSK gave Natsumikan & Yuiyui the push everyone's talking about, not Renacchi.

Plus, we're forgetting about AKBingo!, the main pillar of 48G varieties. She didn't even get featured much in this show back then until 2016, when Muramoto decided to stan her, and it didn't even last since he shifted focus to Yuiyui. And the other pushed members got a lot from this show, some of them even got episodes focused on them, and Renacchi had little to none until 2016. Thank heavens for Nemousu TV.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    Forget about akb's push or senbatsu, Renacchi doing very well outside with her solo modeling job...it's time to focus on her personal dream

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Renacchi participated Teacher Teacher in the senbatsu but that was only because they needed 28 members. When a song did only had 22 members like Jiwaru Days she wasn't important so claiming the management gave her a major push is wrong.

And I have never understood the concept of all sister groups participating AKB48's single when they have their own singles and albums. No wonder why they are living in AKB48's shadow with low sales.

I miss the days when AKB48 single was just only AKB48 members. It's not like AKB48 have weak members. Team A, Team K, Team B, Team 4 and Team 8. You don't need members from sister groups in your single.

And this is probably why sister groups don't have their own fandom and are not different from each other. I find this concept a complete mess. When Sasshi graduates are we going to get more classic AKB songs they succeeded with Jiwaru Days or are they going back to where they were in 2018.

I sound like I'm spitting on AKB but I want them to focus on their own group. It's like having Keyaki members in the senbatsu for Nogi's single. That would have been freaking hilarious.

AKB48 should be independent from the sister groups imo. Renacchi will get more chance.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Mana

Mana Under Girls

The issue with sister groups in AKB singles is that these groups all do handshake to keep AKB's sales high so if none of them were in senbatsu, it would be a problem. Think of it like Keyaki with Kanji and Hiragana, Hiragana has been doing handshakes for Keyaki singles since forever and the fans were mad because they never got a spot in a-side, never got to perform on Tv and all that. Eventually now they separated and Hiragana became Hinatazaka.

Nowadays sister groups of AKB are weak, there are too many of them, and their sales are going down (except for STU I think). They barely get to perform in shows. so if they're left on their own, they wouldn't have much to do. and it would be a loss of money for management and a loss of sales for AKB, it would hurt their image more (it's not what they need right now) so I won't argue about the fact that sister groups have to be represented in senbatsu. but I agree, they should have less members in senbatsu. the limit should be 2 by sister group, and 1 for sister groups who don't have a lot of popular members.

Right now if you look at Jiwaru Days senbatsu: http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Jiwaru_DAYS

Both SKE and HKT has 3... it should have been 2 tbh. well, Sasshi is graduating so if they don't include another HKT, HKT will be down to 2 next time.

But back to Renacchi, I thought about this when seeing Jiwaru Days senbatsu before, there are 22 members, and I don't think management will remove any member from this senbatsu for the next single. However, 2 of these girls are graduating before the next single, it's Sasshi and Juri. that's 2 free spots. I really hope management decide to bring back Renacchi to senbatsu. the other free spot, I guess, will go to a 2nd STU member since they have one girl who sell HS more than most 48G so they'd have to give her a reward for that, and I feel like they'll make STU get 2 representatives from now on. so anyway there's some free spots and I think the best choice is Renacchi, really, I mean there's already a lot of new gens and rising members in this senbatsu so they wouldn't really need more of it, same with sister groups, other than the STU member, I don't see anyone who should be included. I really hope Renacchi can return ;_;

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I'd say 1 free spot only.
    Annin will be back for the upcoming single.
    /just sayin :whistle:

15. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Modelpress article about Renacchi, Nyan and Mayu performing 'Heart Gata Virus' together at the Tokyo Sweet Collection fashion event today:
    https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/1833211

3rr_IKmoT-plm34t3vQ4tawqw8pC2COvafj4AqEyv2I.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Renacchi looks so good at the fashion event! I love her dress! and I'm glad she got to perform Heart Gata Virus along with Kojiharu and Mayuyu, I love all 3 of them. it's so nice to see them together, and it's great for Renacchi to appear along with 2 of the most popular and iconic (former) AKB members. I love it!

You can watch the performance here! :cute::cute::cute:

Renacchi posted about the event on Twitter, she mentioned the performance too, she said she was nervous, and she thanks everyone for the support! Photos:

001.jpg 002.jpg

Renacchi also posted the first photo on her IG, and Kawaei wrote a comment on the post! She said "Cute❤︎" and Renacchi replied "I'm happy! ahーーI want to meet you!" I'm glad that both of them are still close, I love them <3

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    U ARE SO GORGEOUS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cute: :inlove: <3
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This selfie pic has Acchan vibe to it.. :D
    [​IMG]
    GORGEOUS X2.. :1st:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ====================================
    I happen to found the source for this.. Saw the pic last month on Kururun thread but no source given..
    & Renacchi makeup talent really showing here.. (she did oversee the photoshoot too..) :)
    Transforming Sento-kun from this..
    [​IMG]
    Opsss.. sorry.. i mean this.. [hehe]
    [​IMG]
    To this...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    This is seriously the best Renacchi has looked since around her debut. She looks SO much better without bangs.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Renacchi joined weibo (chinese social media/blog) some days ago!
    Here is Renacchi's weibo: https://www.weibo.com/u/7086910216

Here is the first video that she posted, she spoke chinese for a bit:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Pretty! <3 There are more photos and videos if you check the page!
    I hope she will get many fans! chinese fans can be very supportive.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. mav48

mav48 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kato Rena / Jitoe Nene
    Twitter:
    mav48_
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 5