1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kato Shiho (Katoshi) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 Members' started by ForrestFuller, May 11, 2016.

1. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
  2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

And here's a translation of her post of January 19. She announces (more or less) that she's getting her teeth straightened. And she says that when people praise her, she can't help just grinning and grinning in a sickening way. She says she's just a simple person, and reacts directly to praise. I've liked her ever since her Showroom audition broadcasts in April-May. I link in the post to a video of her Showroom session just after she passed the auditions. She grins and grins and can't stop, lol.

c2dc5aae164e2b21226dc85b0ea84.jpg c2dc5aae164e2b21226dc85b0ea84-01.jpg

3. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  4. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    Happy birthday Katosan!!!!!!:ome:

5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Happy Birthday, Toshi-chan! Here are the photos from her most recent blog post, in which she says she looooves bananas. She drinks banana juice (?) every morning, and in middle school ate a choco-banana every day.

035b47ce1c09fb0e33f251fe71f5a_640w.jpg 035b47ce1c09fb0e33f251fe71f5a-01.jpg

6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

At the handshake event today (Saturday) they are holding her birthday celebration. Letter read by Memi, then a surprise letter from Akimoto Manatsu of Nogizaka -- maybe because Katoshi helped found the "Keyakizaka46 Akimoto Manatsu Respect Society." One poster who shook her hand said she was "godly" today.

I'm sure we'll see pics later. For now here's one of the pics from Katoshi's Friday blog post (probably written Thursday evening, but only posted by staff early Friday morning), which encouraged people to apply on Thursday-Friday to come see her at the 4th Single handshake events. Then a pic of an ema (prayer board) from 10 February 2016 that someone found at a Tokyo shrine, on which the then-unknown Katou Shiho prays she will "pass the audition for Keyakizak46-Hiragana Keyaki." Her prayer was answered three months later!

d61239bd76db30589f04ac9c51121-01.jpg C3_BltHUkAA5VrK.jpg

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  7. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    I, uh, did a mistake and posted it in a different thread. Ooops

8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

9. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Thank you!

I really love this part for some reason, she might even have it signed by her. Slytherin
    huh? That fits her, i approve.

Also lol Manatsu promoting her PB

10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@too much idea -- That part is just sooo Katoshi. She's so funny and natural and self-effacing. And although she's clearly no intellectual, she seems to catch on to what people say and come back with something interesting. I started thinking about her Showroom audition and found an eight-minute YouTube from a couple of days before she was actually selected, when she was still "candidate number 1-chan."

if the video does not show watch the video here

I don't catch everything she says, but she responds directly and quickly to requests and questions from viewers. Asked if she's an ojou-san, she says "not at all" and waves her arms in negation. When people say she's beautiful or that they love her, she is so charmingly (but not abjectly) grateful. When they praise her voice, she says she herself never liked it. She's a little weirded out when they praise her crooked teeth, I think. She laughs at the fact her hands make a slapping sound when she clasps them. Someone asks her to say "saikou ka yo!" and she knows it was Neru who said it, and says she saw that show. Stuff like that, for people who can't understand a word. She comes across as nice and funny and sexy and friendly and above all she seems to be talking directly and intimately to the viewers. When I watched the auditions, I felt that unless she couldn't sing or dance at all, or there was something dark in her past, she was a lock to be selected.

11. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

13. Gwess

Gwess Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberisa
    ^thanks for the translation , yea the interview is indeed hilarious :lol:

14. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  15. AdrianEHS

AdrianEHS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nagasawananako
    Got the maiyan vibe from those photos :inlove::inlove:

16. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Gorgeous :cute:
    Saw the twin tails pic as I was scrolling though twitter and for one second I thought it was Maiyan.

Once she gets some real media time, she'll explode in popularity.

17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

This. Especially since her looks are not the only thing that's deeply attractive about her. She's hilarious, modest, straightforward, has a unique way of talking, and just can't help being sexy. To top it off, she is an approachable, ordinary person: no-one should ever mistake her for an ojou-sama.

Here's her most recent blog post, mainly photos of herself, Kakizaki Memi and Higashimura Mei

18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Katoshi has become the first Hiragana ever to sell out 18 handshake lanes, and to have six more added, to give her the same number as the Kanjis get. I've translated her two most recent blog posts: one saying how much she loves the Hiraganas, who give her such moral support; and the second announcing the sell-outs and thanking the fans.

mobF6QDhS_FLIP.jpg

19. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    thats.. thats senbatsu level. wow.
    if shes this scary now...imagine whats gonna happen soon. she might go satoshi (from timid and negative to that beauty of a lady)

cannot wait.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

20. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Unreal if you think about it.
    Couple of photoshoots, hiragana Omotenashikai and 1 episode of Keyakitte is all it took. What a beast. (same goes for kyoko)
    Now these results will force managment to change her status and we will finally fucking know what the hiragana position is in the group.