1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kato Shiho (Katoshi) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 Members' started by ForrestFuller, May 11, 2016.

1. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I feel so happy for her. I get the feeling she was pretty aimless after high school. I think she said she wanted to be a full-time home-maker, and was going to a two-year college. But once she got going in Hiragana, that all changed, and she had no desire except to be an idol and do her best. She has been pictured crying because she had trouble with the dancing, but surrounded by members comforting her. The time she was on Showroom last summer and accidentally showed her messy room and was so ashamed she cried and had to stop the broadcast. And now this. The thing is, from the very beginning of her Showroom auditions, she was simply fascinating. Such a unique way of speaking, a comfortable but seductive manner, and easy surreal humour.

Now don't get me started on Kyonko, lol. I remember calling her a "perfect human." She and Katoshi approach things so differently: Katoshi natural, disorganized and offhand; Kyonko intentional, organized and active. But I guess both are very good in their handshake sessions.

2. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    This year, Hiragana might become a monster on their own.

Very exciting to watch, isn't it? :hehe:

3. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    i hope she makes senbatsu for the next single because she's pretty,hilarious and also popular
    she's my current keyaki oshi

4. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Much like last week where the segment on Kakenai brought Saito Kyoko to my attention, this week it's Shiho. Her facial features reminds me of Sato Amina in a way, but it's the way she smiles that really drew me.

5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Try this interview from last October, with Shiho and Memi. They're hilarious, especially Shiho, and especially toward the end. And I think she reveals a lot about herself. Stuff that ends up making me like her even more.

6. JoltFiend

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Thanks for that!

7. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    any of you guys free to enlighten me on Shiho and Nanako's bond? I found that interesting. Is she a fan? a research club member?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

8. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    katoshi said in her showroom during the audition that her kanji oshi is Nanako. That, and they bonded over their love for Nogizaka's Manatsu

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    ok that is adorable. i will allow it

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Katoshi is now in the first issue of a new magazine, bis (actually, it's an old magazine revived after 11 years as a sister magazine to Larme). Katoshi is in a feature called "Tokyo girls' hair arrange catalog" (in English):

sp_2_011-598x598.jpg

She apparently tries several hairstyles. As one commenter says: can a modelling contract be far behind?

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  12. phikr1

phikr1 Kenkyuusei

can i say katoshi is the most beautiful keyaki ??? :cute::cute::cute:

13. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

@ukifune thanks for posting that lovely photo of Katoshi :) she got great potential in modelling for fashion magazines.:worthy:

14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

It's complicated. Right from her early Showroom broadcasts, I thought she was extremely sexy and attractive. But beautiful? I think she works hard at it and has made herself beautiful. Here's part of her later Showroom from last August.

(Mod edit: removed dead video link)

To me, her face seems puffy and a bit awkward. Reading her blog, you keep seeing the many little things she does to make herself look good, from massages and rollers to diet and cosmetics, etc. And in a pic like the one I posted above, you cant help but say she's very beautiful.

In that video you see her "henyohenyo" relaxed attitude, and hear her slow drawl and basically amusing, real, and intimate way of speaking. She says that other people don't like feeling sleepy, but she likes to feel sleepy. She responds quickly to requests for things like a wink, and responds eagerly to praise. She says she doesn't like wearing a bathing suit, it makes her feel embarrassed. She says her top is from Uniqlo and tells people not to make fun of Uniqlo, that it's a good store. Lol.

Something about her made me respect her right from the start, despite (or because of) her unusual manner. And nothing since has done anything but increase my respect.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2019
  15. JoltFiend

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Haha, defending Uniqlo, that's cute. I shop there occasionally and I do like their shirts. The current Nintendo ones are pretty cool. I ended up buying three of them.

16. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Katoshi and Nanako on the cover of UTB (2017 August Vol.256)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

17. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

photos from Katoshi blog :

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

source

18. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Katoshi will broadcast again tonight, solo, at 8pm Tokyo time.

20. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls