1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kato Shiho (Katoshi) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 Members' started by ForrestFuller, May 11, 2016.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

[​IMG]
    Name: Kato Shiho (加藤 史帆)
    Birthday: February 2, 1998
    Height: 159cm
    Hometown: Tokyo, Japan
    Bloodtype: A

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  2. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    She was #1 candidate number. I don't know if she'll become yours though...

3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Katoshi (or Shihorin) is definitely one of my favorite new members. She was so easy and intimate on Showroom, right from the start. I've translated her first blog post.

She mentions in her second post that people sometimes think she is a "gal," a flashy hoodlum girl. She says she's not like that at all. She had a part-time job during high school (she's 18 and no longer in school) and learned to operate a cash register "at the speed of light." She seems to be getting along well with everyone, and particularly with Kakizaki Memi, whose picture she posts in her blog:

sub-member-4107_600web.jpg

"Memi-tan ♡"

If you read my post on Memi-tan, the youngest and most moe member of the Keyakis, you will understand what I mean when I point out her solid arm and steady eye.

4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I love Shiho, but there was a slander on 2channel a few hours ago that I can't help passing on. "She looks like a waitress who would overcharge you in a bar." (It's an izakaya in the Japanese.) Lol. She looks just like that, sometimes. But she's one of my favorite Hiraganas. She has something special about her. She's 19 and has a kind of adult feeling. She has said in her blog that one of her characteristics is that she talks a lot, but talks really slowly. Seems true, too.

SnapCrab_NoName_2016-8-3_2-17-35_No-00.png

5. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    I'm becoming increasingly interested in the Hiragana Keyaki members, and it's mainly thanks to your updates @ukifune, so thank you! Especially Shihorin and Memitan have caught my interest in the last few days. I found one of Shihorin's SHOWROOM streams from Youtube:

(Edit: removed dead video link)

Sometimes she reminds me of Suzuki Mariya from AKB48, there's this kind of softness or warm aura that Mariyannu also has.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The news of having sold out her lane at the Chiba handshake event on 11 Sept should have made Katou Shiho happy, but in her Showroom session a few hours ago, she was, as she commented "negative." She can't help feeling she is not as good a singer and dancer as many of the other Hiraganas. And she admitted she is a somewhat negative person. But she was, as usual, friendly and funny and totally herself.

And then disaster struck. When her connection became a bit unstable, in her characteristic free and easy fashion she stepped out of the frame to try the connections (not likely to be the problem). In the process, she shifted her laptop and the camera caught a bit of chaos in her room. Reactions were mixed. There were a few "I saw that" and "Wow, messy!" comments. I myself thought it was just at the messy end of normal, lol.

She held it together for a while, but gradually kept having to leave the frame to wipe her tears. Eventually she started holding up a pink comb to hide her welling eyes. She called it a "mosaic." She placed it over her nose and said: "Nose mosaic." But finally great strings of tears started rolling down her cheeks from behind the comb.

Perhaps the worst thing for her was that Kakizaki Memi might see it. She clearly loves Memi and the feeling seems mutual. Katoshi wrote a blog post about her feelings of "Kakizaki loss" when Memi isn't around. In her earlier Showroom session, Memi agreed that she herself felt "Katoshi loss." Katoshi commented ruefully that Memi-tan was sure to be watching.

The early comments on Showroom were just making fun of her room. But as she started to cry, the viewers became much more supportive, telling her it was all right, telling her to carry on (ganbare!), saying they would come to her next open handshake event, saying they loved her again and again. She soldiered on to very near the end before wrapping up the session.

"You're too nice," she said. "You should be saying how useless I am."

Reports on Keyakizaka news sites emphasize the messy room. But I'm sure her reaction actually made many viewers into fans. No only is she charming and funny, she is wounded as well. This is a perfect formula for moe attraction. It seems to me that Katoshi is yet another natural idol in the Keyakizaka "jewel box".

As the show ended, I found myself hoping that Memi-tan would call and comfort her, or even that Neru or Nanako would call and invite her over to the dorm for the night. Katoshi is one of the members who lives in Tokyo. She didn't answer one viewer's question whether she lived alone. Perhaps her family will comfort her by telling her to clean up her room, lol.

In any case, I came away an even more convinced fan of the Katou Shiho phenomenon.

Messy room:

9527fcc7.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. obikok

obikok Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    i've watched her previous showroom but i missed this one (hope there are recorded stream out there >,<) and yes she was funny but somehow have a negative aura.. poor Katoshi, hope that messy room incident doesn't affect he next showroom (if available).

8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Katoshi has written a blog post alluding to the event and promising never to let us see "something so unsightly" again. She is spending time with the ridiculously positive Iguchi Mao and it sounds as if she is okay. And yes, her 8/18 Showroom is available on DM in two parts. But I don't really want to post it myself. I've done enough damage. But anyway, this incident makes me like her even more. She's a flawed and sometimes depressed human whom we will see struggling forward as time goes on. Following idols is a form of reality TV, I guess.

9. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

@obikok
    There are some recorded one out there.(Let me share the damage @ukifune, lol).

With that said, being messy is not entirely a bad trait at all(Read Tani Marika of SKE48). If she can handle it, she will be fine and even more loved.
    And I enjoy this form of reality TV. Feels natural and relate-able.

10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Totally agree. I'm hopeful some successes will get her over her feelings of inferiority, or whatever they are. And thanks for that link to the group of 160818 Showroom videos.

11. obikok

obikok Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    i've watched it from DM, but thanks anyway :D and yeah, that level of messiness is nothing compared to Tani's room [hehe] but even so, i still like her (Tani) so its not that bad, it make me want to support her even more

12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Can't help it. I really like her. I guess I just like flaws. And open humanity. And beauty. Anyway she says her room is all cleaned up now, lol.

Here's today's blog post, about her forgetfulness and about the clothes she likes to wear.

13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

14. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    a magazine cover for Shiho! (on sale october 8th!)

[​IMG]

15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Wow. Great cover for all three of them. Good expression from Sasaki Mirei. From all three, really. Shiho just can't help seeming a bit sultry, lol. And those are quite the uniforms.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  16. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
  17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Gosh, I love to see her smiling. She really is a kind of negative person, covering her worry with slow humour. Ready for the worst. Maybe Neru (and Memi and Kumi and Mana and some success) can pull her out of it. She more or less founded the "Negative Club" in Hiragana, but now has left that and joined Takase Mana's "Positive Club." @mb1619 said in the general thread here that her new official photo made her look like Maiyan. That should make her feel positive.

And so should the fact that in a tabulation of mentions in Japanese twitter profiles, she is the top Hiragana.

18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

She seems to get more beautiful with every photo. This is from her latest blog post:

sub-member-5601_jpg_640w.jpg

Reports from Sunday's handshake event say that the Hiragana Keyaki lines were short. The only reasons must be lack of familiarity and love for the Kanjis, because there are some very attractive people and personalities in Hiragana. I'm hoping they'll be on KeyaKake from next week on.

19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. hart123

hart123 Member Stage48 Donor

She is so beautiful!
    I believe this girl is going to be a big shot for Keyaki.