1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kato Shiho (Katoshi) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 Members' started by ForrestFuller, May 11, 2016.

1. megawotaku

megawotaku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I love her gloomy/mysterious beauty. It's so intriguing.

2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@megawotaku -- "gloomy/mysterious beauty" Perfect.

Her original Showroom audition sessions last spring were a bit different. She was by far the sexiest of the applicants. She was so relaxed and intimate sometimes that it was almost embarrassing. I can't find those early ones online now, but below is one from July. She has such a unique manner. I don't know what the expression really means, but Kumi (and now others) call her manner "henyo-henyo," and sort of flap their arms in a drooping way as they say it. She knows that when she's nervous her face goes stiff and looks angry. Hopefully she'll get less and less nervous as time goes on.

(Mod edit: removed dead video link)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2019
  3. jokoyamajui

jokoyamajui Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nagasawananako
    I would like to draw attention to an interview done with Katou and Memi translated by ukifune on his blog sakamichinotes. It was laugh-out-loud funny nearly the entire way through. I look forward to reading more interviews and seeing the Hiragana girls more and more in hopes that it will reduce my anxiety about them possibly ruining Keyakizaka.

https://sakamichinotes.blogspot.com/2016/10/weird-and-happy-interview-with-kakizaki.html#more

Full original scans and text can be found here

http://keyakizakamatome.tumblr.com/post/151775663605/marquee-vol117-加藤史帆-x-柿崎芽実

4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Katoshi blog post with offshots from UTB+ photo session with Sasaki Kumi and Saitou Kyouko. This shot is how I pictured her in real life when she was doing her Showroom auditions:

sub-member-6608_jpg.jpg

A list of how many mentions each member has in Japanese Twitter profiles puts her at the top of the list among the Hiraganas, and above Yone-san and Fuu-chan.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  5. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    Man, Kumi, Kyonko and Katoshi, those are three are the definite beauties of the group. They each bring a mature element to the group; Kumi with her smile, Kyonko with her voice and Katoshi with those eyes. I can see why putting those 3 together works.

how are both the Shioris in their respective keyakis so beautiful
    id support a SatoShi/KatoShi PB any day. Hell, name it ToShi, I dont even care.

6. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    Shiho is going to have her very own solo Hustle Press release today!! わくわく

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

A star is born. https://hustlepress.co.jp/hiraganakeyaki_05/

Great interview. So like her. Bizarre and wonderful. Refusing and refusing and refusing to accept the possibility of becoming a model. Then admitting how delighted she would be if it did happen. On her days off? Nine hours of sleep. Four hours of movies. Two hours watching the news. Huh?

8. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Can you please re-upload the picture, but in compliance with the rules?

9. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    it's re-uploaded now if you check.

10. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    God, this girl is me lmao

11. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Thanks, greatly appreciated. ;)

12. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

13. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    I'm surprised. Her profile picture left me not impressed, but hustle press coverage and it's a completely different story.

14. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

@gocchisama All of the profile photos of the new members don't do justice for them....my advice is to ignore the profile pic and check out their gravure photos

15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I'll second this. The original photos for their auditions and when they were accepted were just horrible. The profile pics have been getting better, but still don't do them justice. I keep wondering why management doesn't get better photography support. The official photos are used more than any others.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  16. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Beca
    Management wants to show the improvement of the girls and the profile pics are part of it.

17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I can almost see that. But show to whom? The girls? Later applicants? Other agencies? Don't they want the audition and entry pics to attract outsiders to think: "not bad" and start paying attention? You still see the entry photos in outside publicity, and better photos would do a better job of attracting people to be interested in Hiragana.

18. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    For the fans, so they can see the idol blossom from a gawky girl to a beautiful young woman. Watching the girls growth is a big part of Idol fandom. Setting the starting point as low as possible makes the later growth more stark by comparison.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Makes sense. But what I said about the less-than-ideal early publicity still holds. Management must have this stuff figured out pretty well by now, I guess, so they gain more overall.

20. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    You are probably right, but the decision makers are older people who have a set way of doing things that have worked in the past and would have to be dragged kicking and screaming to change. I'm not saying I necessarily agree with the reasoning for the bad early profile pics, just explaining what I think the reasoning is.