1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 2nd [Sekai ni wa Ai shika nai] (2016/08/10)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 7, 2016.

1. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    They still have military fell though it's more simple than SiMajo. Mona look so pretty :cute:

2. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    The talking part really ruins the whole thing. :( I want to hear the girls sing, not talking.
    Once the chorus starts it sounds great, but then they are back to the talking part again. Gahhh.... it will be hard for me to like this song.

Sugai Yuuka keeps stealing my attention, I think her bright smile fit this song the most. While watching the performance I thought it would be great if she centers this kind of song in the future.

3. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    I'm guessing W-Watanabe & Mona's in where they currently are just to spice things up like whag Nogi did in their 2nd single (where Reika & Kana were top3 and IkuMina's dropped to last row). I'm guessing we'll see Zumin & Neru at top3 next single and Kobayui & Suzumoto top5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. BlackSwan

BlackSwan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    Twitter:
    TaintedWingsFS
    Watched a couple of times now:
    - Berika is really improved at dancing and now smiles (wow)
    - Very happy for Neru's popularity who brought her to the main spotlight (if you think the family was against her being an idol)
    - Techi, as always, is very expressive (beautiful and cool). But camera does a great job splitting the focus among the members
    - The arm's moves are very elegant

5. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    I'm ok with the talking since I'm sure it will be ok with the full version. It doesn't have as much impact as silent majority but not baaad~

6. Millyna

Millyna Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Well, I still love the songs and while listening to it, it sounds great. But Keyaki has weird dances. I might get used to it like I did to Silent Majority but atm, I don't like it. Most of the members just seem like background dancers. The uniform is meh. :/

7. lonely_cookies

lonely_cookies Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    I like the dance and the speaking parts. The speaking parts make it feel like it's a performance from a musical and I'm a huge musical geek so I think it really works.

I don't like the front row of senbatsu though, they're all tall except for Zuumin so it looks unbalanced. Need to put Suzumoto back in there! It's funny though how they just pushed Neru and zuumin to the front for a while despite their positions being further back [hehe]

8. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Their performance is OK, I think the problem is that they are forced to perform an abbreviated version of the song, and decided to keep most (if not all) of the speaking parts instead of doing more of the chorus.

Will reserve my judgement until I see the complete MV. But I really like the song.

9. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Count me in the minority who likes the talk parts.
    Some parts of the dance looks little of place, but still good, and Berika shown a LOT of improvement!!!

10. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

:cute::cute::cute:
    This live gave me chills, the talking parts awesome (feels like theater monologue), Techi still got 60% of the live (not against it) but I hope next single theyll do like 1st row then 2nd etc.

11. Marieyu48

Marieyu48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Idk why everyone hating on the talking parts, I actually really like them.
    About the live performance, it was really good, but I wonder why W-Watanabe didn't get talking lines (but maybe they got in the full song). Also, you could see that they used some SaiMajo dance steps there.

12. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    Exactly! The monologues really do give a musical vibe into it! :3

13. megawotaku

megawotaku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I really enjoyed the performance! This is so completely different from the norm, I'm in love with Keyaki's uniqueness. I really love the talking parts too! The whole song just works in a mysteriously beautiful way.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Wonderful. The performance really does give the song a lot more appeal. Several months of watching this, particularly when we get the full MV, is a very pleasant prospect.

It took me a few views, but now I love the choreography. Simple and strong, making use of some of the moves Takahiro taught them for SaiMajo, and keeping the overall military feeling. The large senbatsu really does have something. Gives force. And so do the military-style uniforms. They give the group a kind of seriousness and unity. I only worry that the military stuff contradicts the spirit of the song.

The dancing was excellent. Lots of improvement all round, so that they really are a good unit now, much more comparable to Nogizaka46. I liked the way everyone had her own space, and they were spread out into four lines. You could see everyone, especially when the camera-angle moved up and back. The individuals had all improved. Even Uemura's dancing caught my eye at one point. And Sugai was fabulous. She really does have a million horsepower, in her dancing and particularly in her smile.

I wish they'd been able to do the full version, with Suzumoto and Sugai having speaking parts. Sugai's spoken line is the one I like best in the audio recording.

Seeing Neru there in the heart of things makes my heart go kyun. She moves well. I loved seeing her chubby little arm shoot upward. And it was wonderful when Neru and Zuumin were a double centre for a moment.

There's a bit too much of a disconnect for them just to be lip-synching. I want them to be singing live. It would give the speaking parts more presence, for one thing. Although it might be hard to do, with the sound-processing.

For me, the spoken bits are what make this song special. I don't understand at all why people dislike them. They create a special rhythm that combines with the music to make the whole package more interesting. But the first sung passage after the first speaking, where the voices blend together like an organ, is the best part of the song for me, the real hook (actually, I think it's Techi's voice alone, processed).

One little thing I particularly liked was at the end, where Mona and Zuumin bent one arm over to touch Berika and Risa. Gave the feeling of the whole group being a solid unit. A new camera angle might make Berika and Risa putting their hands on Techi's shoulders effective in the same way.

And Techi, it goes without saying, is great again. Such force and charm in her expressions.

At the beginning, I thought Iku-chan and Ashu were enjoying their little sisters' new look.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  15. Ryota Eiji

Ryota Eiji Kenkyuusei Studio48 Contributor

I like how they keep the costume simple. Also the color gives some sort of clean and summer-ish vibe.

And their aura changes from serious in SaiMajo to fresh in this one. It definitely caught me off guard, but it's good because that keeps me from getting bored with the group's concept :blush:

16. MadBunny

MadBunny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    letdown
    What about 2chanel reaction?

17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Funny you should ask. My very quick scan reveals plenty of opinion on both sides, as there was with SaiMajo when it first appeared. People talk about the talk bits being read woodenly (they aren't professional readers, for sure, but I think the straightness works here). They laugh at the lyrics (so sophisticated, those otaku). Some people love Neru's work, another talks about the timing of her touching Zuumin causing Zuumin to hesitate (I don't see that at all) and about her walking back to her place being unnatural (same with Techi, for me: I think it's the choreography). Lots of people said how much they loved Sugai's smile. Praise for Akanen. Delight at seeing Mona and Risa in the front line. Criticism of the lip-synching, both for doing it at all and for its quality (but one guy says that Nogizaka's policy is to lip-synch for TV, but sing live in concert).

Comments were running high on NicoNico during the show. For the main acts on the show, the numbers of comments were:
    Keyakizaka46 474 per minute
    Nishino Kana 374/min
    Nogizaka46 291/min
    Not sure how opinions ran. Probably as split as on 2channel. But it shows high interest, for sure.

There's a sense in which we have an advantage over viewers in Japan, who probably don't go to the recorded version as quickly as we do (since we have nothing else). I've watched the YouTube video about ten times now, and my appreciation has grown and changed. I would have been less enthusiastic than I am if I had made my mind up after the first viewing.

PLUS: Lots of praise for Risa, both appearance and execution. General praise for the overall effect, but some just said it was bad. Praise for improved dancing. Lots of people want at least the spoken parts done live instead of lip-synched. One poster said Neru's lip-synching was particularly bad. Gif shows her not making full arm-movement others do. "Neru's still learning." "Where's Yone-san?" "...Rina's constantly saying: Here I am!" "Another famous song."

I personally thought Neru looked a little down at the end. Maybe she knew every place she'd gone a bit wrong. But I loved the way she moved, myself.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  18. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    That was pretty damn cool if you ask me D: These kids are going places for sure. The first performance is always pretty rough at the edges so I can't really complain. The talking parts reminded me of Majijo Teppen Blues XD

Neru is so cute. I wonder if they will move her to Kanji Keyaki for real someday instead of Kennining her ass forever considering that she was supposed to be there all along.

19. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Melody +
    Lyrics +
    Perfomance/Choreo ~ That awkward ass entrace from Hirate, should have done something similar to Bareta. Though once she gets to the Center she is freaking amazing.
    Talking - So far just irritating, maybe the MV saves that for me.

Overall solid. Will probably be forgotten like so many other 48/46 A-Sides.
    I really liked the B-Sides of the first Single so hoping there are some gems in them :)

20. Midsummer Rain

Midsummer Rain Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Risa
    I like the uniform. The design is nice. Like I said before, I'm in love with the first row and I think they did well. Actually, all the girls did well, minus Neru. She looked super nevous and awkward and her lip-synching was so obvious. It's understandable, though.

The choreo is ok. I like the end when they touch each other and look up. Yup, still don't like the talking parts and they sound even worse because the girls are lip-synching them. I think if they did it live it would sound better.