1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 2nd [Sekai ni wa Ai shika nai] (2016/08/10)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 7, 2016.

1. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    But beauty and charisma are really subjective, isn't it. Some people might be captivated by Hirate but not all. To me I find her expression is a bit too overdone sometimes. About the dancing, Hirate dances well but so do most members in first and second rows (minus Watanabe Rika I guess).

The thing is most members don't receive the same amount of camera time and exposure as Hirate so it's hard to judge that they cannot be better than her if they receive the same amount of opportunity.

That's why I said it's ok to give Hirate another chance as now they are riding on the wave of Silent Majority and the wave is not over yet. But after that give other members a chance, then only say whether they fit as center or not.

2. rust

rust Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    A lotta nice discussion about future ace here yet ^ ^
    ... yet none on risama..!!

betting 10 imaginary pounds here that risha will be of irreplaceable role in future. =w=

something to keep an eye on to gauge prominence: exposure on upcoming dorama

3. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Know the best part of this discussion?
    The fact that this group is still new. Just mention one girl and where she will shine, and we will not take it lightly. Anything is possible!:D

4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

True, that. Should I mention my farther-future candidates, Yone-san and Aoi-chan?

There was just another news item quoting the choreographer Takahiro -- who did SaiMajo and other numbers for them -- as saying he is "very interested in these girls' fate, and will always want to work with them." To me, that meant he hadn't been offered the job of choreographing the new single, but a commenter expected that he would be. I hope he is. It's hard to argue with 16.5 million views.

His most famous gig is having been a dancer/choreographer with Madonna, on a world tour and an MV. I expect he could do various kinds of songs, but would always include sharp movements like those in SaiMajo and the ones he shows himself. Not that I expect anyone in K46 to master his own amazing moves -- although I see a bit of the dancing in Nori Okureta Basu around 2:00 in that last link.

But they have already worked with top choreographer Natsu Mayumi on the Utacon TV show, so maybe they'll move to her -- perhaps for a more feminine look?

And a 2channel commenter mentioned the fact that the SaiMajo music was written by writing duo Bugbear, and they should get proper credit for their music, not just give it all to Aki-P for the lyrics. They don't have a huge list of credits, but they have done songs for AKB48 and NMB48, as well as The Idolm@ster stage show and the Miss Monochrome anime. I like the little photo of them as witches, on their site (they're a man and a woman).

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  5. oji-sama

oji-sama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    There's so much truth in this post. Risama easily be the group's Maiyan.

6. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Aaaah yes! Silent Majority was absolutely fantastic! I hope the second single is just as good as the first!

7. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Nothing besides personal preference lol. I don't care about dancing or singing ability so that has nothing to do with it, but to me she just shines more than other members. Whether is because more exposure as center or not, others can debate. But she was one of my two favorite girls from the beginning, way before being announced as center, so personally for me it's not because of that. The other one (rika) I've cooled down on a lot after seeing her on variety and stuff, so basically I like Yurina the best. Sugai is pretty cute too though.

8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I guess this is the heart of the matter, lol. This is how it seems to me, too. As they say in their group chant: "Humility. Kindness. The ties between us. Shine brightly! Keyakizaka46!"

9. Midsummer Rain

Midsummer Rain Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Risa
    Why did you cool down about Rika? Just curious.

10. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    If it's all about who shines more we can all mention our oshi, it's subjective. To me it's the two members behind Hirate: Moriya Akane and Sugai Yuuka, plus Shida Manaka.

11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

For me, it's not all about who shines more. Singing and dancing are important to me. And that "shining" is a bit independent of who I support. I support Miyu and Neru and Yukka and Pon, among others. But Techi just shines. She's kind of like a goddess, with magical ability and force, it seems to me.

12. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    For the 2nd single I wish hirate would still the center of this group and the yuis becoming her deputy. Miyu and rika for the outer front. And my prediction is neru would lead the new girls for the under song but I hope she'll get a solo song or at least centering a small unit again to compensate the cost of not included in senbatsu despite of awesome sales

13. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Kawaki Otsutsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    stick to what works.keep hirate in front because she's feeling it the fans are feeling it so don't take her fire out yet

14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Hirate spoke a bit about the second single on her radio show today (actually late Friday night, Tokyo time). She said it was different from Silent Majority, which was cool and had a strong message. This song is about youth, and is more cheerful...but still a bit cool, she says. It may even have a better tune than SaiMajo. The first part feels like something really new, to her. She hasn't heard the whole thing, yet.

Aki-P may have found a way to go to a more cheerful song while still building their target younger (and older?) demographic. A song revelling in youth could please both the young and the old.

I'm pleased about the tune being strong. For me, melody is what distinguishes Sakamichi group songs from most 48 group songs.

Techi being Techi, she states clearly that she hopes they can outsell Silent Majority. Ambition seems to be her middle name.

Blog post

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  15. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

It will outsell SiMajo if you're talking about physical copy. But the big question is if it will as big digitally? That will be a monumental task.
    Also I don't think SiMajo is really good in terms of melody. The first time I heard SiMajo (only heard, not knowing the lyric and the MV) it was rather flat. But the lyric, costume, choreo, all blends (almost?) perfectly that I ended up enjoying SiMajo a lot.
    Also musically, the biggest difference between 48G and Nogizaka (I'm not including Keyakizaka since we don't know whether they will ended up doing similar thing like Nogi or not) is the fact that they try various type of music on 48G A-side single while Nogi single is somewhat typical from the 1st to the last one. That is why people can say a song is Nogi song while you can't really say the same on AKB songs. Nogi approach is basically the normal way, similar to following a regular artist/singer that you kinda know what you'll get. If you follow a rock artist, you certainly expect a rock music. Following a R&B artist, you expect their next single will be R&B. If you follow Nogi then you'll get a Nogi song for their next single.
    When you follow AKB, you've got Green Flash, BwT, Halloween Night, KnBMB, KwM, TwI, all basically very different song. I think KwM could easily be a Nogi single but the other... not so much.
    Anyway, if Keyaki follow Nogi model, then their 2nd single will be a cool song... also their 3rd single, etc. Basically Sony will sell a single that people expect coming from Keyakizaka. That doesn't mean it will be the same thing as SiMajo. Like any other artist, including Nogizaka, even a song with similar feel can be varied.

16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

What you say makes sense to me. Thanks for the perspective. I've never been a fan of AKB48, but perhaps it's just that I haven't listened enough to find the singles that appeal to me. Whereas many (not all) Nogizaka singles do. And I kind of like the modest girls' school image more than what I see as the bouncier, sexier image of AKB48. But AKB48 is clearly the more popular group, as the Billboard Japan Hot 100 for the first half of 2016 shows again.

17. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Keyaki probably should steal amuse songwriters for a little twist lol.
    Kidding though. I hope kimi ga inai composers would make keyaki's 2nd single.

18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Your post made me check this out. Kimi ga Inai music was written by "SoichiroK and Nozomu.S". They also wrote Nori Okureta Basu. And they wrote Inochi wa Utsukushii for Nogizaka46: something like that would work very, very, very well for me. Even if the song isn't "cool" in the same way that SaiMajo was, they would likely keep the style within the Sakamichi norm.

Poking around a bit more, it appears that those two together are known as Soulife, and did Kizuitara Kataomoi and Nandome no Aozora ka? for N46, as well as a song for Flower and several songs for Little Glee Monster, multiple songs for S-Qty and Yuusuke (遊助), and Inoue Sonoko's first single. No mention of Amuse, lol.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  19. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Yeah. Soulife are doing great job for the series. But you know it would be awesome if sony could manage to steal either takeshi ueda or yuppe. They are sick mindblowing people. Only my wild fantasy lol

20. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

It appears that the 46 groups and the 48 groups work with separate record companies, and that means there are two separate stables of songwriters, etc. Is that what you're thinking of when you say "steal"? Thanks for the depth of info.