1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 2nd [Sekai ni wa Ai shika nai] (2016/08/10)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 7, 2016.

1. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    I have looked on amazon, can only find silent majority as a digital download. Won't buy the phsical copy as shipping to my place is more than the cd itself...
    So now I wait

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  2. Urabe

Urabe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzukiayane
    I might have just missed the info earlier on but does anyone know the MV director for Sekai?

3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

His name is Ikeda Kazuma 池田一真 and he did the MV for Silent Majority, too. He had previously done MVs for SKE48 (Kanaria Syndrome+), AKB48 (Utaitai+), and Nogizaka46 (Seifuku no Manekin, Electric Fan, Kodoku Kyoudai), as well as Rip Slyme, l'Arc-en-Ciel, Salley, The Bawdies, etc. Here's his Japanese Wikipedia page.

4. Urabe

Urabe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzukiayane
    Thanks a bunch!

5. kyuudere

kyuudere Kenkyuusei

6. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Ahh, they did promotion stuff?
    Nice publicity for them.

7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Here's a blog post about today's publicity efforts, including the names of the Hiragana members in that pic. Up to now, some of the Hiraganas have expressed the hope that they will meet the K46 members soon. Today, Nagasawa Nanako and Nagahama Neru both mentioned the Hiraganas in their blogs. First real mentions I've seen from the K46 members. From photos, I think it's possible that the out-of-town Hiraganas have moved into the dorm.

8. 10Ten

10Ten Kenkyuusei

My thoughts on this single:

Overall: 'Sekai ni wa Ai shika nai' is the second single in the Keyakizaka46 Discography, following on the heels of their smash debut single 'Silent Majority'. 'Silent Majority' -- often referred to as SaiMajo -- became the highest grossing debut single between all 46/48 groups and the titular A-Side was revered by fans and non-fans alike. The lyrics were lauded and the song set a high standard for the new group. Moreover the B-sides to the single were varied and further liked by fans. Now comes 'Sekai ni wa', pitted against the groups already established Kami songs. Expectations were high, and chance of disappointment was only higher. Now the song has been released and with sales trickling in, lets see how this single compares.

A-Side [ Sekai ni wa Ai Shika nai ] : 'Sekai ni wa' is the eponymous a-side to the 2nd single, and comparison to 'SaiMajo' is inescapable despite the different natures of the songs. 'Sekai' is a much happier and hopeful in tone than 'SaiMajo' and the song shows. The chorus has flying melodies following each other, conglomorating into a powerful ballad-esque finish merging the different voice into one "identity". The verses for 'Sekai' are also notable for their "talking" parts interjected by quick syncopated singing between the members. Although odd at first, the song creates a strong atmosphere by using it, as well as building the top individual members up. By cutting in and out they give the pre chorus a sufficient buildup. The song definitely is very memorable and you can find yourself humming it way too easily -- specially calling out the "sekai ni wa ai shika nai~~" part. This A-side is excellent, and it can't be denied. The production and mastering is perfect -- introducing variety, catchiness and complexity. The lyrics also great and heartfelt. But now comes the inevitable comparison to 'SaiMajo'. I may be in the minority saying I like 'Sekai' a bit more, but I can't deny that objectively 'SaiMajo' slightly edges this song out. Not to take away any thing from the respective tracks, but had 'Sekai' not been a direct follow up to 'SaiMajo', it too would be like an immediate Kami Song for the group. In the end, the track is fully satisfying and surpasses expectations and definitely isn't a failure. It is a very memorable a-side in the 46/48G summer line-up.

B-Sides: Although 'SaiMajo' A-side may edge out 'Sekai', the b-sides to 'Sekai' are stronger as a line-up and complement the A-side more coherently.

[Kataru Nara Mirai wo...] : This is hands-down the best B-side in the single... and maybe of all keya's b-sides/coupling songs. The song is powerful, incorporating melodious EDM in the style similar to Nogizaka's own 'Sekai de ichiban kodoku na lover', and surpasses it. The songs starts with a clean and fresh intro that immediately draws you. The riff then comes in being very dramatic with rises and falls leading to the strong singing by Techi and the gang. The chorus is complex, but doesn't fail to be catchy. Although I loved HKT48's 'Make Noise', I feel it failed a bit in the chorus, whereas the verses were masterful. This song achieves both.

[Bob Dylan wa Kaesanai] : All hail Yuichanzo. This is the duo's second song -- first being the great 'Shibuyagawa' in 'SaiMajo'. This song is very important because it establishes that both the Yui's are singing and talent powerhouses. Imaizumi Yui is my Keyaki Oshi, but even despite that, this song appeals to me on a fundamental level. It is mature and the song allows for the two performers to flex their skills and show their variety. 'Shibuyagawa' was a light stroll compared to 'Bob Dylan', where it is sweet and ear catching but 'Bob Dylan' is powerful, mature, and isn't always going to appeal to everyone. 'Bob Dylan's verses especially capture my interest as it brings a "Hotel California" (Eagles) vibe. It is ominous rock euphoria, and the 2Yui's melodies shine. The best part of the song is when they start harmonising with each other, building tension. Most would prefer 'Shibuyagawa' over this -- and its understandable -- but to me, 'Bob Dylan' is better. I'm excited for Yuichanzo.

[Aozora ga Chigau] : Let me start this by saying: "Ferry" by NMB48 BII is one of my favourite songs of all 46/48G this year. I thought the song's composition was strong, it had gravity and the riff was masterful. When listening to 'Aozora ga Chigau' I couldn't deny their similarities -- at least for the first few seconds. The verses and vocals create a completely different story than from "Ferry". The selection of members for this song was great. All their voices complemented the song well and they harmonised nicely. They also brought a mature melodic sound to the table, which "Ferry" didn't have. The part this song really shines in is the second verse. After a good transition, the verse is spectacular and is nothing like "Ferry" -- so no more comparison required. This lets me also notice how great the backing an instrumentals are (wouldn't mind the off-vocals). The mastering of the violins stood out. The only stumble this song has is with a confused bridge. The voices harmonise but the instruments (near the end) become distorted by rising vocals. I love "Ferry" and I liked 'Aozora': theres room for both.

[Hiragana Keyaki] : Welcome Hiragana Keyakizaka46! The song is sweet but fails to be memorable. It may be the weakest track in the single, but still it isn't bad. It's just plain. Time will tell whether the song holds up and is adored or is forgotten. Either may be the case. I don't have much to say for the track.

[Matta Aette Kudasai] : The face of Hiragana Keyaki, Nagahama Neru's first solo song is definitely promising and without a shadow of doubt SUPER CUTE. The song fits her voice and the MV is everything but I feel the song may be a bit boring. It becomes slightly repetitive in the second chorus, and Neru doesn't really flex her singing abilities. The best part of the song is the pre-chorus where Neru builds up in opposition to the backing. It create an interesting dichotomy. Neru has a bright and cute future.

[Shibuya kara PARCO ga Kieta Hi] : Can Hirate Yurina be more of a badass? All joking aside this is Keyakizaka's centre, Techi's, second solo song. The previous was an interesting 'Yamanotesen'. I really loved the song and it gave me promise in Techi's abilities. I was shocked when the announced her second solo already. I was curious on what it could build on that 'Yamanotesen' didn't already. Then I heard the song and understood. Techi is the new Sayanee in more ways than one. She is cool, has an amazing mature voice and can hold the position of centre without the doubt. The strongest part of the song is the intro and when Techi first starts singing. It gives chills. She controls her pitch and voice perfectly, creating the atmosphere required for the backing to continue smoothly. The chorus is a bit wacky and repetitive but is still catchy. The worst part of the song is sadly the bridge which again seems lost, and so does Techi's previously assertive voice. Was this solo good? Yes. Was it required? Maybe.

In conclusion Keyakizaka46's 'Sekai ni wa Ai shika nai' is one of the most solid singles this year from both 46/48G. It does everything it sets out to do and triumphs. Most importantly it shows promise in the group. This would be a single I would expect out of an established group with many singles under their helm, but Keyakizaka46 killed it in every cylinder. As a single I enjoyed this more than the already amazing 'SaiMajo'. I'm anxiously awaiting Keyakizaka's 3rd Single.

9. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Keyakizaka46's 2nd Single (Sekai ni wa ai shika nai) (1st Day Sales)
    Day 1:
    250,523 (1st)

Keyakizaka46 1st Single 1st Day Sales: 191,203

10. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Whoa! Great sales, Keyaki-chans!

11. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Hmm..somewhat disappointing. They have insane HS-Sales, was hoping that would at least translate into 300k+. Hopefully they have a strong week and hit 350K+ weekly.

Also Nogi and NMB releasing so close to Keya might have hurt sales a bit..

12. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    They have nearly equaled their first week sales for Silent Majority in one day of sales.
    I am sufficiently impressed! :D Well done girls!

It took them five weeks to reach 350k for their first single, so I reckon they can do that in an even shorter time for their second.

13. haryo48

haryo48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I think first day it would be 300k+, ..but that number not disappointed still great sales,.congrats keyaki ..*maybe half sales buying by sugai sama family LOL

14. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    It's a 30% increase in sales. It's an extremely good result. You guys are too used to Nogizaka huge sale i think.

15. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    It's a good mark for a rookie idol I think. They're climbing the slope steadily.

Congrats KeyakiSlope46!
    I'm excited for the first week or even the total sales~

16. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    The sales is even better than I expected. Now let's see how it performs digitally.

17. Ryota Eiji

Ryota Eiji Kenkyuusei Studio48 Contributor

I'm so impressed by how fast Keyaki grows. I mean 250k for 1st day sales in their 2nd single, not everyone could achieve that. Hopefully the management doesn't start playing "safe". The group has the potential, so why not aim for something higher?

Overall, it's an amazing number. Keep up the good work! :1st:

18. kyuudere

kyuudere Kenkyuusei

Great! I hope Music Station performance will boost the sales even more! :1st:

19. hart123

hart123 Member Stage48 Donor

Well, great sales. So can we expect 350k++ here? Yes, it's possible.. :1st:

20. kyuudere

kyuudere Kenkyuusei

Members that will be participating on ANN today :
    Ishimori Nijika, Uemura Rina, Satou Shiori, Sugai Yuuka, Suzumoto Miyu, Nagasawa Nanako, Moriya Akane, Watanabe Rika

Meanwhile Ozeki Rika, Saitou Fuyuka, Habu Mizuho will appeared at MC Plus today (8/10) 24:00 JST (about 15 minutes from now).
    https:allnightnippon.com/mcplus/