1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 2nd [Sekai ni wa Ai shika nai] (2016/08/10)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 7, 2016.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Keyakziaka46's 2nd Single (Sekai ni wa Ai shika nai) (5th Week Sales)
    Week 5:
    3,473 (368,479) (25th)

2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

1. Weekly sales numbers are falling further behind SaiMajo, but SekaAi has still, in five weeks, outsold 22 weeks of SaiMajo. Not bad.

2. I don't think I've seen this in the forums. It's a video of Hiragana Keyaki that was shown as part of Neru's Showroom appearance in early August. It shows them in lessons, and then recording their song Hiragana Keyaki. It really gives a nice flavour of some personalities and of how well they get along together, and also gives a hint of how some of them dance. I basically love it, and regret if others haven't seen it. Since it's a song from the SekaAi CD, I post it here:

If this has been posted here before, I apologize...but I'm not really sorry, since I'm happy to give people another chance to see it.

3. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  4. 21_lalawel

21_lalawel Kenkyuusei

Kind of disappointed i wanted them to at least perform Kataru nara mirai.. and you know see them.. :glare: The dance cover group had more screentime than them.. :glare:

5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Glad to see the full version, at least. But I felt there was something missing, for some reason. Maybe a little less intensity? Because of lack of audience? Nervousness?

Lots of attention paid to angles and shots, but the crew closed in on Suzumon/Sugai when they should have drawn back to give us their duo dance, which seemed great as far as I could see it. Suzumon sharp all through. And Zuumin did have some intensity. In Brody piece (which I am slowly translating) Takahiro says she felt she would be overshadowed by all the tall people in the new front row, so she worked hard to make her movements larger.

6. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    something's missing was the umbrella

7. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

well there is no audiences and Techi didnt do her signature scream like the pv :^^;:

8. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Yeah... Umbrella was at video think...

9. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Well, they never use umbrella in actual live performance and Techi also never scream live, lol... Would be great if she does though.
    I agree, I really want to see Kataru Nara full live performance. I think they really rarely perform the B-side of this single (is there any besides only half of Kataru Nara in Keyakake?). I wonder why though when the B-sides of SaiMajo got performed a lot.

10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I think they have done Kataru Nara at a mini-live, but not on TV, except for the truncated version on KeyaKake. I also really, really want to see it. I thought that MV was the best thing they've done, and people said the mini-live performance was good, too. (I think it was a mini-live.)

11. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

Thanks for sharing the live act.
    The full live act appears to be a bit in contrast to the MV (which focuses almost exclusively on the front row) to me, with all members being well visible and a lot of group dynamics and shuffling going on. Until now, I always considered it the least interesting live act of the group due to the lack of a striking dance (KataMira/SaiMajo) or an entertaining live performance (Te wo tsunaide kaerou ka/Kimi ga inai) but now it looks quite decent to me. By the way, I also think that something is missing there, but to me it's the sense of "wideness" the lyrics, MV and aura of the song have. The group dancing in these broad grasslands in Hokkaido, or the sense of freedom the spoken lines are about is not there when I just look at the live act. But that's just some minor judgement here, overall I came to like the whole 2nd single well after having been sceptical at the beginning.

Edit: The remark I left is now insignificant as the video got taken down.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  12. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Keyakizaka46's 2nd Single (Sekai ni wa Ai shika nai) (6th Week Sales)
    Week 6:
    3,064 (371,543) (25th)

13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Translation of the major Brody magazine piece (September issue) on the making of the MV for SekaAi. Long interviews with the director (Ikeda Kazuma) and the choreographer (TAKAHIRO), along with direct observation of the shooting on Hokkaido, shorter interviews with the management committee chairman of K46 (Konno Yoshio) and with Hirate, etc. It gives an idea of how the director and choreographer thought about the process aesthetically, and reveals some interesting events during the shooting, including the background to the scream.

Thanks to @HIRATEalmighty for the scans.

14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I was alerted by a post on 2channel to the fact that YouTube views for SekaAi are slightly above those for Hadashi no Summer, in approximately the same amount of time (SekaAi posted 11 July, Hadashi no Summer 8 July). As of right now:
    Sekai ni wa Ai Shika Nai -- 5,681,928 views
    Hadashi no Summer -- 5,647,528 views

Hadashi has actually sold more than twice as many copies as SekaAi: about 835,000 to 375,000. But this at least should give the Keyakis confidence that they are climbing the hill toward their big sisters.

Silent Majority
    had many more views than Harujion, but it was up for much longer. This time, Sakamichi has left the full versions of both singles online. The full version of SaiMajo has never been taken down, and has now reached 27.7 million views. (KataMira is closing in on 3 million.)

15. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    what's important to note is that Keyakizaka are building a very solid reputation of good quality music and performance

16. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Standing on the should of giants. Just as Aki-P had mentioned.

17. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
  18. MadBunny

MadBunny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    letdown
    Fix me if i'm wrong

Keyakizaka46's 2nd Single (Sekai ni wa Ai shika nai) (7th Week Sales)
    Week 7:
    2,854 (374,397) (25th)

Keyakizaka46's 2nd Single (Sekai ni wa Ai shika nai) (8th Week Sales)
    Week 8:
    3,073 (377,470) (26th)

19. kyuudere

kyuudere Kenkyuusei

20. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    I just have to say that hiragana really nailed Sekai ni wa during their Omotenashikai event. It's been the best live performance of the song that I've ever seen. Yes, even better than kanji's! :3

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 1