1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 5th [Kaze ni Fukaretemo] (2017/10/25)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 15, 2017.

1. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    I'd like to see Zuumin with at least wcenter. Techi solo center was good to establish the group, but could be a bad thing to rely on too long.
    Why? I think the best center to build a group around is a young "neutral" idol; someone who has a sort of generic youthful cuteness and energy, but doesn't really fit into the usual idol character types, so they can be made to fit whatever image you craft for the group, and fans will be able to find/project whatever qualities they like onto them. Examples like Techi, Acchan, (young) Jurina.

The problem with following that formula too long, however, is the girls grow up and do start having very distinctive traits and personalities. Then they will start to only draw in certain types of fans, and only fit the image of certain types of songs. So the group gets painted into a corner because its identity is so closely tied to one persons's identity, and if fans get tired of that image or it isn't drawing in as many new fans anymore, you're screwed.

Acchan got out on top, but SKE is a good example of what a drag this can be on a group. If you follow SKE you will know what a hugely positive reaction they got by switching to another fresh new "neutral" type, in Obata Yuna. Before that, all the talk was about SKE's decline and doom and gloom, now it's suddenly optimism and excitement all over again. It's no fault of Jurina's, but that's just what will happen if you stick to one girl too long.

Keyaki is still on the rise now, so it's not an immediate concern, but I'd like to see them switch it up a bit and keep a fresh feel to the group before it even has a chance to become an issue.

2. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    You will never know what will happen if you don't give it a try. What you guys are trying so say about Techi right now is exactly the same with Maeda back then. Back then, all people around me (included me, of course) and on the internet said that the moment Maeda left AKB, the group would be finished. Yet, several months later, they became so big that probably even themselves would not ever dream about it with Heavy Rotation.

3. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Actually... when Maeda left, AKB48 has been going stagnant from the day she graduated. And right now, they're going downhill, though very slow.. unless they find 'someone' who can save them before Sasshi, Yuki, Sayanee & Jurina graduates. And Aki-P needs to give them better song tbh, it's like he's been giving them leftover music and giving the good ones to 46G.

4. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Fixed it for you.

5. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    His post about the new great song he already created, that it's meant for Keyaki, make me felt that he could betray a group just because money and public demand. How if in the future he get his new 'toy', I believe he'll give the leftovers to Keyaki, not to mention what he'll give to 48 :(

6. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

More reason for Keyakizaka to start looking for other capable center this early. They can always bring back previous centers if they want. They always do and always will anyway. AKB is a very good example of too much push for very few members. When they leave, so is the hype.

But it's Aki P . . . ka-ching!!! :whistle:

7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Based on not very much, here's my prediction for the front line: Habu-Ozeki-Mon-Techi-KobaYui-Risa-Nijika. We'll know in 19 hours. Maybe they'll call it a "triple centre," maybe Mon and Yui-chan will just be there to do some of the heavy dancing, reducing Techi's load.

8. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    I believe Mona-Techi(c)-Risa is true! :^O^:
    Yui is unreal! she is too short for Techi and Mona, or you mean Suzumon? :hmm:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Risa position mirrored Rika's in the last 3 singles. That could change but it's something I weirdly noticed. I'm not a fan of senbatu and I don't understand something.. why there are always 3 rows? Is there a reason? Or is just a... sort of residue from AKB era?

Because this time around we have 3 members who never got front row, Ishimori, Ozeki and Habu, so let's put them there and four members on the groups of those with more chances to go there who only got in front row once: Shida, Risa, Yuipon and Neru.

So, because of math reasons this is my seven people first row, with Techi either behind the center or in the zero row in front of everyone else.... because there's nothing less original that those Line-ups and it's the only part of Keyaki senbatsu I'll gladly change. The Lne-up layout.

10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Sorry, my abbreviations may be confusing. For me, "Yui" is Kobayashi Yui, not Imaizumi Yui. Kobayashi said that she's called "Yui-chan" at home and likes that. And Imaizumi said that when they started, she wanted to be called "Zumiko," so that's what I (and a goodly minority of Japanese posters) are now calling her. And "Mon" is Suzumoto. Members call her "Mon" or "Monta."

So what I mean is Habu-Ozeki-Suzumoto-Techi-Kobayashi-Risa-Nijika. Heights are approx. 171cm-155-155-165-163-165-162. It's frustrating that the official site hasn't updated official heights for two years, so they are seriously wrong in a number of cases. Zumiko admitted last year that she was 151cm, not the 154 she claimed when she joined. Techi is officially 161.5, but said almost a year ago she was 164. Mona and Risa have both obviously grown. And maybe I should switch Ozeki and Risa, for better right-left balance. I'm estimating heights based on this pic from a couple of weeks ago, which gives the official heights but where you can see that some of those numbers are wrong: (click to enlarge)

2990d5d2.jpg

I think Mona and Risa are not good enough dancers to take the burden off Techi. They can frame her well as a centrepiece, but not reduce her workload, it seems to me. Risa dances better now than she used to, so she's a possibility, but Mona continues to seem to have some difficulties, even to seem a bit half-hearted sometimes. Not that she isn't one of my favorite members, but that's for her strong personality and her rank as King, lol.

11. Hitagi

Hitagi Kenkyuusei

I hope they'll pick a fun BGM for tonight's senbatsu announcement as per Sugai-sama's suggestion in Keyakake ep 76 to "lighten up" the mood.

• Like Like x 1
  12. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    I know KobaYui (and Zumiko) she is short for Mona too =) Suzumon and KobaYui not bad...

13. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    How are you guys gonna watch it? Any links out there?

14. MadBunny

MadBunny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    letdown
    check PM

15. KazuminTechi

KazuminTechi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    yveeeeeshere
    Can I too?

Sent from my A33w using Tapatalk

16. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    So they give Nijika 1st row position at last :D
    Oh, and Habu too...

Also Neru won't participate in Hiragana anymore it seems.

17. megawotaku

megawotaku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    What's up with Neru??

18. NanaHoshii

NanaHoshii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    habumizuho
    Neru is now only a Kanji Keyaki member, no more kennin

• Like Like x 1
  19. sheiscyber